1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westboro Baptist Church Documentary (AKA God Hates Fags)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Blueeyes, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Its funny how hypocritical they are... =/

#21 bvtsjm116, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  2. kevinx519

dang. i hated watching this so much. but i knew that if i watched it, itd give me insight into what some people think about people like us. im just sad that they start at such an early age. i agree with brian though. if god really is how they say he is, should we really worship him?

3. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

If he was really like that, all the sane people would not worship him. But theres always people, like the ones who worship satan...

4. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    My question is if God does exist then why doesn't he do anything or give a response, but then again if people wish to interpret the acts of nature as the will of God, then they feel that they are being punished. And then that brings me to my other question: what happened to the old gods, Athena, Poseidon, Horus, Ra, and such? I think they died when the young christian god came into power because peole forgot them.

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is this Louis or Keith? I can't watch the video right now, page won't load, but I've seen both of those.

6. Hugo Boss

I actually think they help the cause.
    They are so mentally retarded about everything that people have to side with gays and in doing so bringing us together. :slight_smile:

7. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    a better video to watch would be "keith allen will burn in hell" just type it into youtube theres 5 videos in total it's really rather interesting in particular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8HP5FYwVZA

this is the second video but i love the first 2mins of it, they show up at what i assume is a vfw parade or some holiday parade and manage to piss the entire parade/social gathering off with there bs to the point where they get attacked

8. Ben

Ben

They are obviously attention seekers. I watched one video and decided not to watch any others, as I would be giving them the attention they crave. I wish everyone would just ignore them with me, because they don't deserve recognition.

9. Amy

Amy

:frowning2: the videos were taken down

10. lcr guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Check them out on wikipedia, it mentions how some states have made it a serious crime to picket or disrupt funerals. It's a shame we have to put laws in places to ensure decency and respect, but it's a good step.
    The first time they do it, there's a fine. 2nd time they do it, it's like 10 years in prison. Personally, I wouldn't give them a warning. They either immediately cease the picket, or it's off to jail.

So we should all petition our states to adopt similar laws to protect funeral services/etcetera.

11. Trumpetplyer23

We watched a video with excerpts of these videos in my health class.

It was sickening.

12. NathanHaleFan

No, I believe it's their freedom of speech to picket at funerals, just like its our's to picket in front of the White House. After all, if we let the government censor other's viewpoints, (even if we don't agree with them) then how can we ensure that our own viewpoints will be able to be spoken?

It's dirty, offensive, hate-mongering speech like that that is, ironically and beautifully, protected under the first amendment. The first amendment isn't meant to protect "Sesame Street."

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Might I ask: what relevance does the WBC have to health? Mental health?

14. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

well to protest u do have to have proper permits and things and follow protocal,
    Actually a good friend of mine and me have decided if we ever see somthing like that we are going to the closest supply store make a sign that says "GOD LOVES" and stand right next to them!!!

15. Trumpetplyer23

One of the amendments (it might be the first I'm not sure) says that we, as citizens of the United States, can hold PEACEFUL assemblies, but if the assembly stops being peaceful, then legal action can be taken.

16. Hugo Boss

... and ... ?
    There are acting within the realms pf peaceful assembly??

17. Emberstone

such protests of funerals is actually illegal in many states now, action taken solely because of WBC activities.

they also have came very close to having their children taken away from them because of child abuse and neglect.

18. Endlessnight500

wow, those people are crazy. I dont understand why someone doesnt slap a child endangerment charge on them to take there children away. I mean they are really endagering these children taking them to there pickettings to spread hate. That alone should be enought basis to relieve them of parental rights.

#38 Endlessnight500, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  19. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ipQ56Of-OE

20. DAMONdisaster

When something gets thrown at Shirley's son, Shirley says "Why would anyone do such a thing to a child?" Well this is what I would say to her if I saw that happen. I would say,

"Why would you follow in your dad's footsteps? If you never did follow in his footsteps, then maybe your children would not be harmed! You would have to be a complete idiot to risk your children's lives for your own self and your dad."

and then a whole bunch of cursing would follow. LOL