1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man-Hole

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Double Dubya, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Double Dubya

OK, get your mind out of the gutter :eusa_naug

I’m talking about the sewer covers called “Man-Holes”. Yeah, I hit one with my car. I already had an appointment at the garage to have the computer changed out, but now I get to have front end work done too. It sucks because I was really looking forward to selling this beast of a Chrysler and buying myself a second Cadillac, that isn’t quite as long as my first one:icon_wink. But now it looks like I will be sinking some money into this clunker that I absolutely hate:dry:

Does anyone else have stories about stupid car accidents?

2. DJ Sweetz

My dad was backing up out of the garage his truck while my brother-in-law's was still parked a few inches behind and he rear ended it and hit the rear bumper against the other car's new hood. He said he forgot that the car was still behind it.

3. GuitarGirl1350

A few years ago, we got sideswiped.
    The mirror fell off of our car and we lost some paint.
    My mother says something to the effect of, "Well, at least it was only a sideswipe" while driving off the side of the road to 'safety'...
    ...where she hits a pole.

Irony, much?

4. Ryguy

Ryguy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    the closest thing to having a car accident would be crashing into my friends moms car with a fourwheeler lol btw i have to admitt the title of this thread is a little intreguing :grin:

5. Kimi

Oh...:icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf

*cough*
    About 2 years ago our car spined and smashed into trees once. It was just after rain stopped and road was still wet and it was near entrance of our neighborhood which is very steep hill load and we were kinda in rush...As a result, sending my mom's brandnew honda(She bought it about 3 month ago) to scrapyard:lol:
    Tho no one got hurt and she actually got nicer car so I think it's all good:grin:

6. Psych!

Psych! Guest

srry, I can't stop laughing :roflmao:

one time my aunt was going into the garage in our house, but since we had a basketball net on the gate.. well, she kinda sped in and rammed her van against it...

#6 Psych!, Jul 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2007
  7. Gera-Kun

One time i was moving my mom's car back. i was helping my dad arrange the cars at his workshop. as i was going, i had to press the brakes to change the shift. i did so and started going foward, my dad said to stop so i can change the direction, but instead of pressing the brake, i kept pressing the gas and collided with my dad's truck! XP of course i had to pay for the lights that broke (luckily that's all that got hurt besides the paint). I laugh at it now!:roflmao:

8. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One time, while living in Florida, I had an accident in my mother's truck. I was sitting at a stop light. There was a Dodge Ram type truck and I was driving a smaller pickup. The light turned green, I started to go forward, the car in front of me gunned it - unfortunately, he was in reverse. We both got out of our cars very disoriented. While waiting for the police, we talked. Both of us were on our way to the hospital to visit our mothers.

9. Choucho

^ Wow! That is such a weird coincidence! o.o;;

Haha, well I don't drive but one time on a bike I hit this thing in the ground and I was just like "Oh dear" and when my sister came to see if I was okay she was laughing at me. XD

Oh, and my sister ran into our house once with my dad's truck. :slight_smile:

10. Jim1454

My wife called me one day at work, to say she had driven through the garage. I wasn't sure what she meant, but she was super upset, and I called my parents to go up to the house becuase it would take me a while to get there.

She was just getting over pneumonia, and had a bit of a coughing fit as she was arriving home, and I guess blacked out or something as she was pulling into the garage. She had hit the back wall of the garage (which was an outside wall - not one that separated the garage from the rest of the house) hard enough that she pushed the wood frame off the foundation, which in turn pushed the bricks off the foundation of the house. The cost to the insurance company to rebrick a fairly large section of that corner of our house? Roughly $9000.

The car didn't go right through the wall though - because the cement foundation was about 18 inches high - high enough to stop the car when the wheels hit it, but low enough to allow the front bumper and part of the hood to reach over it and damage the wall. Not low enough for the rad, and AC coils, and fog lamps, and bumper, and ground skirt, and grill, etc to get damaged. The cost to the insurance company to repair our 5 year old Volvo wagone? Roughly $4000 (less my $500 deductible, of course).

The most damage was of course to my wife's ego! for several days, the house sat in this state of disrepair - bricks strewn out on the side lawn for all the neighbours to see, and then of course ask what had happened...

Thankfully - nobody was hurt. Not funny at the time - but makes for a good story now!

11. Hydrogen

Well I have had 2 accidents, and been a passenger in one I was lucky to survive.

but weirdest thing to happen to me, I was driving behind a dump truck, when a piece of wood came flying out the back. I had no time to avoid it. It went under the car, and ripped the front passenger side tire off the rim, bounced under the car doing various damage and then flattened the back passenger side tire. ... only cost $2,500 in repairs, to then total the car three weeks later.

12. Choucho

^ Oh my, that's terrible luck. u.u I sorry.

13. Psych!

Psych! Guest

ouch....... well this one i heard from a person I know, but here it goes

she was driving down the highway when all of a sudden a dump truck gets in front of her. she tried to change lanes, but it was too late since everyone was slowing down. When the dump truck stopped, a rock kinda flew out of the back and hit her windshield, you'd think that since it was a small rock nothing happened, well you're wrong, the windshield broke, but nothing happened to her.

14. Double Dubya

Mum and I had an incident with a dump truck too.

It was night time and we had a scrap metal truck up ahead of us. A big piece of semi rolled sheet metal flew out like a kite and landed smack in the middle of our :***: lane. We never saw it in time to get to the side so we had to straddle it. Unfortunately it was wider then the wheel base of the car so it we went over it with our front wheels, it dragged beneath us sparking, and then shot out the back:eusa_doh:. We chased down the truck and got his license number and sent the bill to fix the car to his company.

~You don’t mess with two things: Mum’s family, and Mum’s money:eusa_naug.

15. SpikySpice

I've never been in any car accident, but my dad's car looks like a mess now, so many people aim him, always , lol

16. Choucho

I know the story I got told was longer then this but my memory sucks, so here it goes. My one of my friends' mothers got in an accident once, and the bar that holds the seat belt in place in NEVER supposed to move no matter what, but in this accident it did, and it saved the mom's life.

17. phoenix17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My brother ran over a exposed gas line hen 5 mins later ran though the garage door

18. Psych!

Psych! Guest

My aunt ran over a parking chain and bushes cause she couldn't find an exit to the parking lot :grin:.

19. The Black Rabbit

well, A deer hit my car about a year ago. No, not I hit the deer, he ran into me from the side, while I was pulling out of a parking lot at less than 5 mph. completely destroyed my rear passenger door. Wouldn't open from inside or out. window shattered. And of course, the deer stood up, looked at me like "The hell man? Move already!" then ran off.

20. concklin

i took a turn too sharp and ran my rear right tire over the curb portion of a sewer grate. punctured the tire. didn't know until i put my groceries in the car at the store that i drove like 1.5 miles to. then had to drive the car to the Midas right up the street, leave it there overnight to have the tired replaced, and take the bus back to my apartment. i was gone for like 2.5 hours. and some of my groceries were ruined/almost ruined