1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocking the closet door

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Crazy me, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Crazy me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok everyone ive made the first step i told my mom i finally did it. Im still in shock form doing it . So i cudnt wait till she got home cus i was probably gunna back out from doing it so i tried calling her talked about some stuff then right before i was gunna say it she had to hang up so luckily i was still able to talk to her on the computer we continued talking about random stuff then i cant even remember how i changed the topic but i did and i told her i was gay she said "Oh". Then she said it doesnt matter she still loves me then the conversation went back to normal and im prbly going to be talking to her later about it . and yes i know i shud have done it in person but i cudnt so i had to do it this way

but even though im in shock i feel better

also i didn't want to sound like a hypocrite when i posted on another thread lol

#41 Crazy me, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Congratulations!

The most important thing is that you did it. How you do it doesn't matter so much - you have to use a method that will work for you.

It sounds like it went really well too. Please let us know how it goes when you see her later, and over the next few weeks too.

Have a look at the Parent/Family Stages of Grief thread, which may explain any odd reactions etc over the next few weeks.

3. Crazy me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    k i just had the first awkward talk with her so far she seems perfectly fine with it this was on the phone btw we jsut had a nice conversation she said im still ryan to her and weird how it was more awkward for me than for her. we talked about grandchildren theres no real grief in it but this only the first day so ill see how things go.

4. Crazy me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes i listened to all your advice i had the topic planned i was gunna do it and get it over with and unfortunately when i had the courage she wasnt home but atleast planning it out helped.

Thank You Everyone for your advice and helping me out on my first step out of the closet

5. CrimsonThunder

hehe well done!

6. SpikySpice

ALRIGHT, good job^^

Hehe, you are welcome, we are always here to help
    (i didnt help much lol, talking nonsense)

7. Torture

Torture Guest

Way to go on coming out to you're mom.

... And the whole drinking part? lol, I could use a few beer right now myself. But when I drink Im a happy/horn bag drunk.

8. CelebrityHead

Hey, well done man!
    The awkwardness soon died down after I told my mum.. it was the best feeling ever though. I bet your relationship with your mother will only get stronger, from what you've said about her reaction above :thumbsup:

9. Jim1454

Congrats! I still have the conversation with my parents ahead of me... don't think it gets any easier the older you get. If anything, maybe its harder!

Good for you!