1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poetry, Short Stories or Whatever

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by c_jayo6, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Treval

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ello~ First time posting in this thread~ And I have to say there's awesome writing here~

Here are a couple of my more recent poems, nothing spectacular, but...It's not as bad as I used to be. ^^;;

I Never Said Goodbye

Come, come, then dance away
    That’s what your life did
    Flickering close, then darting away
    Laughing merrily all the while

Till came that dreadful day
    In the cold February air
    When you dashed off permanently
    Leaving me with words unsaid

Those words unsaid
    I should have told
    Announced for the world to hear
    Letting my grief, love, and shame show

Despite my silence you seemed to know
    What I was trying to say
    When I looked at you I was saying ‘I love you’
    When I held you I was saying ‘I care’

How, then, how
    Did you hear my goodbye
    Every time I bow my head to cry
    That every tear I shed says ‘I miss you, why did you go away?’

My grief burns me to the core
    Everyday cuts me like a knife
    Knowing you never heard those words
    Knowing, despite it all, I never could say ‘Goodbye’.

Can You Hear Me? [Random one I wrote when I was feeling a little depressed ^^;;]

When left you took the sun
    Leaving me without the one
    That to, so often, I have turned
    For strength and comfort
    Against the world.

I’m breaking up inside
    Can you hear me?

Before you left, so long ago
    I would hear laugh
    I could hear you cry.
    I would laugh with
    I would wipe away your tears.

I’m breaking up inside
    Can you hear me?

When, some time in the future
    You turn to try and find me
    I will be off and away
    Gone from your sight
    Dancing to someone else’s drum

I’m breaking up inside
    Can you hear me?

2. Steam Giant

Wow, those were very good, Treval! Very emotional. I liked the first one the best ^^ but they were both fantastic!

3. Treval those really were good!

4. TeeBe

OOOooooh! Very nice! Treval I hear music to "Can you hear me?" Steam_Giant, As always, I want to read more :grin: I love your stories. Lemme know when you publish a novel! Aprilblue, still my fav poet!

5. Treval

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    -blushes- Thank you.

The first one...Was about someone very dear to me who died my freshman year of high school, so it's special to me.

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

I started to write this short story a while ago. I'm sorta stuck although i know how i want the ending to be. What do you think so far? (btw it my first one with gay characters)

The young boy hung his head sadly over the yellow tape crisscrossing from the tall oak from the house and back to the stop sign. He sighed while hot tears flowed silently down his face. He chocked back sobs as his heart clenched tightly in its spot. He felt hopeless. His first and only love was gone. He wish he could have done something to prevent the events that occurred in the previous hours of predawn.
    He lifted his head as the police carried the covered stretcher out of the small house with blue paneling and into the ambulance. Although it was pointless to try and save him now the police felt that they should do an autopsy on the body. Wasn’t it obvious? the boy thought. Wasn’t the empty bottle of freshly opened medication enough to prove the suicide? Why would they believe it was a murder? I hope they don’t think it was me, he thought. I would never think of killing my boyfriend, or anyone for that matter.

By noon the police cars had left with many bags of ‘evidence’. The boy thought it was pointless. His love was dead and that was all that mattered now. He remembered that the night before when they sat in his boyfriends room talking. His friend seemed oddly sad and kept zoning out. When the boy was going to leave he swore he saw tears in his friends eyes as he handed him a manilla envelope. “For you” it read in his boyfriends handwriting. “Don’t open it until morning,” he told him. The boy nodded and left.
    Now that it was morning it intrigued him even more what the letter said. Had he really wanted to kill himself? Maybe it was murder. A framed one at that. The boy was too depressed now to open the letter so he walked home and fell asleep on the front sofa. His parents were over at his boyfriends comforting the dead boys parents. It was strange that they were doing such since the boys’ parents had never gotten along before. Each sets had never really gotten over the fact that their sons would never be able to marry a beautiful young girl and have kids like any ‘normal’ couple. But the boys never cared what their parents or anyone else said. Love was love and it was up to everyone else to decide for themselves whether they were to talk about it in a good way or a bad. Either way they promised each other in their 19 year old way that they would stay together if they were married or not, whatever the state said about them.
    When they boy woke up three hours later, he wiped the crusty tears from his eyes. He remembered the death and wanted to cry, but stopped himself. There was nothing he could do to bring him back. All he wanted now was to find out what had happened. He searched the house until he found his keys and drove down to the police station to see if they had any news in. They said that the tests would come in soon but they were still investigating the case. The police said that they were still investigating on how his friend had received the prescription drugs because his parents said they never remember him going to a doctor for them. The boy left the station with a strong feeling of dissatisfaction.

7. OMG thats so great!

8. aprilblue426

great poems, treval!:eusa_clap
    an' writergurl, please put up more form ur story! it's just one of my pet peeves: i can't just start reading a story and stop:eusa_doh: . it's nice, btw:icon_wink .
    ...which reminds me, dan? still waiting on more from u!

9. aprilblue426

i have 2 poems that i would REALLY like to share, but im afraid they're a bit lengthy...(like 3 friggin' pages). so,unless u guys r ok w/ that, i have more material for a while... :frowning2:

10. Steam Giant

Definately working on it! If you'd asked me earlier in the day, I'd have said that I would have a story ready by tonight, but I just started on some medication, and it made me so drowsy! They said it would pass after a few days. I'm shooting for having a story ready to post this Saturday (unless I suddenly snap out of this, heh).

Oh, and you said it for me, I don't care how long your stuff is! It's awesome, that's all the counts! If you're really concerned over the length, do it in installments ^^ but personally speaking, I don't care how long of a post you make! In fact, I'm looking forward to reading those poems ^^

11. aprilblue426

before i share my longer ones, here's one i just randomly found. the sad thing is, it's one of the happiest poems i have...oh well. enjoy.

A Beautiful Thing

Music shaking the foundation
    You can’t shake the sensation
    Gotta move
    Gotta dance
    Take a risk
    Take her hand
    The beat is strong
    The rhythm moving
    Carrying me away
    Lifting me up to a higher place
    Bodies moving
    Heat is rising
    Movements connecting
    Emotions emphasizing
    Letting it loose
    Setting it free
    Showing everyone
    Who you can really be
    Chests heaving
    Breath mingling
    Perfume and sweet sweat
    Blending into
    A toxic potion
    Just one sip
    A single notion
    The room is spinning
    Ears start splitting
    A beautiful thing until
    The final note is heard

12. TeeBe

Aprilblue, I am addicted to your poetry. Please, PLEASE post your poems!

13. aprilblue426

Twisted Destinies

Laughter ringing
    Through the room
    Your smile breaks
    Through all the gloom
    All the messed up
    S--- in my life
    You are the one thing
    The one thing
    That keeps me alive
    Tell me something
    I can do to brighten
    Your life; planned out
    So carefully
    Organized, labeled
    Put into a notebook
    Slipped into a file
    While mine is in tatters
    Stuffed into a corner
    Thrown into a trash can
    Stepped on and smeared
    The only thing left in me
    Only you can have it
    Only I can give it away
    I can’t let you go
    I can’t make you stay
    I’d tell you the truth
    You’d blow me away
    Like everyone else
    Like no one else could
    Back to the way things
    Are supposed to be
    Back to the way things
    Should’ve been
    When you’re glancing at me
    I’m counting to ten
    Waiting for you
    To look away
    When you’re looking at me
    I’m wishing you could
    See something good in me
    Something worth your while
    Maybe tomorrow
    Maybe today
    Maybe a week
    Maybe a day
    Somehow I’ll tell you
    Before you’re gone
    Somehow I love you
    But when it’s done
    Will you really love me
    Will I really care…
    --------------------------
    heheh...that one has some of my favorite lines in it, so...in case u haven't noticed, that's y i have this poem in most of my signatures :slight_smile:
    Here’s the really long one.
    It’s a story put into poem format.
    Just as a warning, it jumps around a bit and has a few flashbacks; stuff like that.
    A little weird, I know, but it’s…special to me. Hope y’all enjoy.

Letting Go

Now that you know
    I think I can finally start
    Letting go
    Of all this pain I have known
    I’m not alone
    No more fear
    When you are near
    Keep me safe
    Don’t tuck me away
    In the unknown
    Part of your heart
    Don’t betray
    When I just might start
    Letting go
    These feelings locked inside me
    Letting go
    Showing them to the world
    That denied me
    So much hope
    So much freedom
    All the love I’ve been dreaming of
    Please don’t decieve me
    As I bare to you my soul
    Please, never leave me
    When I decide to let go
    Letting everyone know
    What it’s like
    To see who I am inside
    No more lies
    No more bleeding
    Open your eyes
    Can you see me
    As I hold you close
    Don’t shy away
    I want you to know
    Please let me say that
    Letting go
    Isn’t all it’s cut out to be
    Say I love you
    You turn away from me
    When I press your fragile hand
    To my cheek
    I feel your body scream
    It cuts me deep
    Raw down to the core
    Trying to sleep
    Is there a knock at my door
    I’m so sorry
    Please forgive me
    I didn’t ask to have these feelings
    I knew she’d never love me
    Colors flash before my eyes
    A blur of harsh voices
    My lullaby
    Screaming faces
    In my dreams
    Suffocating the happiness in me
    It’s morning, clean and fresh
    Maybe today
    I’ll look my best
    Look in the mirror
    See a monster I detest
    Close my eyes and see
    Your eyes darting away from me
    Arrive at school
    Feel like crap
    On my agenda: how ‘bout a nap
    But I’m still thinking about her
    Maybe I’ll catch a glimpse
    Climbing the stairs to my locker
    You pass me by
    Why should I bother
    To stop and smile
    To say hi
    When I can’t even
    Catch your eye?
    Why do I care?
    Despair comes to greet me
    I run and hide behind my mask
    The face you’re seeing
    If you’d maybe get to know me
    I don’t know, but, really
    What could possibly go wrong
    Am I really that disgusting
    See all these passing faces
    Sending nods and waves my way
    Don’t know why this
    Doesn’t change me
    Don’t know why this
    Doesn’t phase me
    Hear the music inside my head
    Singing songs ‘bout the good times
    Singing stories ‘bout the bad
    Playing reruns of you dancing
    These stupid theme songs in my head
    I barely even know you
    Yet you’re the best thing that I have
    When I think about the future
    My thoughts flash to you instead
    But you’re leaving
    Without a goodbye
    You’re leaving
    And someday
    So must I
    Will you miss me
    Probably not
    Do you need me
    Probably not
    Do you want me
    *HECK* no
    Then why the f--- am I so sad
    You’re gonna be gone?
    Because I’ve been in hiding
    Way to long
    So why can’t I start
    Letting go
    What do I have to lose by
    Letting go
    Visions of my
    Crimson fisted dreams
    Come back to haunt me
    This is why it’s so hard
    Letting go
    Once you let it out
    You can never take it back
    It becomes a part of you
    A part I may soon regret
    But I’ll never know for sure
    Until I can come
    Face to face with
    Telling you I’m
    Letting go
    there. i think that's enough for today...*whew*

14. Steam Giant

Writergurl...more! I'm intrigued ^^ please, if there's more to the story, I'd love to read it! It's very well done, and definately a work to be proud of :thumbsup:

Nicole, that was awesome! What's more is that I just happened to be listening to a really catchy techno song when I read it, and it really flowed very well! Great work!

As promised, here's the next story ^^ I hope it works out, the mood's a bit different from my normal stuff. Let me know what you all think!

Note: For those paying attention, yes, Leanna's a lot less on edge in this one. There's a reason for that ^^

--

Crouching behind an overturned desk, Alicia scanned the battlefield. The large windows that all but made up the walls of this office were shot to shards. Ahead, she stared at the wrecked cubicles, a fog of smoke grenade discharge clouding the open work floor. A muzzle flash in the smoke drew her attention, and as the bullet buried itself in the wall behind her, she recalibrated her steady aim and cracked off several shots with her pistol. Silence once again prevailed. There was no way of knowing that her shots struck their target, just that the shooter had, for the moment, ceased fire.

Kneeling just beneath the wall that accepted the shooter's bullet, Leanna practically jumped out of her skin. She glanced around nervously and, seeing only that Alicia continued to faithfully protect the corner that they occupied, returned her attention to the minicomp she held. Touching the small screen, she switched between her many running programs, pausing at each one to check on their status, or to enter in a different set of operational parameters. As she did so, her eyes would occasionally glance at the terminal that lay on the floor next to her, as though her efforts to gain entry into the system would be physically visible.

Out of the blue, the small device locked up, and refused to respond to her commands. Cursing, the threw the thing at the wall, then ran her fingers through her disheveled hair in frustration. “That's it. That was the last one.”

Alicia fired two more shots. “You're completely out?”

“Well let's see,” Leanna said, wiping the sweat from her forehead with sweaty fingers, “they fried both of my laptops, the break room terminal I was able to crack, your minicomp, then mine just now. Yeah, I think that just about covers it.”

“You can't crack another terminal,” Alicia asked.

“I could, if I had-” Leanna's eyes opened wide as her final option came to mind. As she considered her course of action, her left hand subconsciously traveled toward the back of her neck, fingers resting on the port that poked out of her spine.

Ducking behind the durable desk, Alicia pressed her back against it as she reloaded her pistol. When the weapon clicked, her eyes fell upon Leanna. “No. I'm not going to let you do it.”

Leanna snapped out of her trance and withdrew her hand. “We don't have a choice.”

“What makes you think you can break their barrier this time?”

The hacker angrily grabbed her backpack and began fishing around inside of it. “Don't ----ing do this to me. It's bad enough I have to risk my life for you ----heads. Don't make this any harder than it has to be.”

Lowering her weapon, Alicia leaned forward, placing her free hand on Leanna's leg. “We can find a way around their security system. If they zap your neural computer, you'll die!”

A victorious grin finding her face, Leanna pulled the backpack away to reveal a coiled wire in the clutches of her dominant hand. As she worked to plug one end into the back of her neck, she locked eyes with her companion. “Why don't you let me dance with death this time, yeah? Little miss 'I'll dismember everyone who notices you.'”

Pulling her arm away, the killing machine looked helpless. “Please, Leanna. Please don't die.”

Reaching over for the terminal on the ground, Leanna chuckled nervously. “Thanks for the vote of confidence,” she said, then leaned back against the wall, closing her eyes.

Staring at the defenseless hacker, Alica's expression shifted from helpless to determined, and she whirled around, transitioning to a standing position. Reacting to the three security officers who were creeping toward the pair, she took them down with a single shot each. In the distance, the ruined cubicles lit up with enemy fire. Resolute, the girl returned the favor, standing defiantly in front of her ally. A bullet grazed her bionic arm, taking a bit of machinery with it. Gritting her teeth, Alicia crouched lower, but continued to lay down fire.

With practiced skill, Leanna channeled the noise out, and concentrated on connecting. As though in a dream, program windows opened up before her, and she navigated them quickly. Like a machine herself, she methodically initiated the proper processes, and could envision the gates of the terminal near her as she bombarded them. Her programs negotiated the system's automated defenses at her direction, some distracting their attention, others too nimble to be caught. User interfaces flashed before her faster than she could navigate through any physical terminal as she unleashed hell on her opponent.

Too caught up in her own assault, Leanna failed to spot her target's counter-attack. Needles covered her skin as it drilled through her barrier, and a pounding migraine indicated a breach. The pain was nearly unbearable, and she felt the sudden need to vomit. Tears filling her closed eyes, she clenched her fists and ran her defensive programs, repairing the damage to her barrier. Now aware of her opponent's aggressiveness, she shifted to a defensive strategy, and carefully intercepted the attacks against her with programs of her own, all the while patiently awaiting the appearance of a weakness. For what must have seemed like an eternity, she studied her target, scrutinized its strategies.

Finally, she made her move. Feigning a weak spot of her own, Leanna directed her opponent's attacks on a single quadrant of her barrier. Then, using the signal strength of these programs as a booster, she took control of this signal, and followed it back to its source. Squeezing every ounce of willpower she had into this attack, she could feel her signal strike the barrier of the hardened system. Sensing her opponent's attacks approaching her neglected defenses, she pushed hard to infiltrate the system before they reached her. Every muscle tensed in her body as she drilled through the defensive mesh behind which lay her goal. A pinhole formed first, which widened to a giant gash. Her program leaked through, and began corrupting her opponent's core.

Suddenly, Leanna's breath stopped, and her eyes opened wide once more. Glancing back, Alicia gasped and flew to her fellow soldier's side. Clutching the hacker in her powerful bionic arms, she shook her. “Leanna! Snap out of it! Please, Leanna, please, don't-”

The brunette blinked, and let out her breath. “I...I did it,” she barely whispered.

Overjoyed, Alicia embraced her ally with a powerful hug that threatened to snap the girl in two. Suddenly aware of this, the bionic woman apologized and withdrew. “I knew you could do it! There's no system you can't crack!”

“About that,” Leanna said, looking away. “Yeah, this machine isn't networked, or at least it isn't anymore. I did, however, get a good look at this guy's porn.”

Alicia was confused. “Wait, so Akiton's security net is still up?”

“You got it. But hey, it's not a total loss. I mean for one, I've seen porn before, but this stuff is really, really nice-”

“Leanna...”

“Sorry, but the good news is, we won't have to shoot our way out of here.”

“Why's that?”

“Don't make any sudden moves,” a male voice commanded, his tone muffled by the gas mask he wore. Slowly turning her head, Alicia laid eyes on seven security officers, outfitted in full assault gear, each training an SMG on the pair of infiltrators. Outgunned, the mercenaries remained crouched in the corner, awaiting their capture or, if they were lucky, execution. The one that had spoken reached for a small device on his shoulder and leaned his mask over to it. “Sir, we-”

The man's head was severed from its body by the magnificent force of a 12.7 mm rifle round. The others reacted just in time to be sliced to pieces by machinegun fire. Stepping out of the smoke, Asegam's familiar figure came into view, rifle barrel smoking. His gaze shot from one girl to the other.

“I heard 'porn,' and I see hugging. Should I come back later?”

15. Steam Giant

Whoa, I totally missed that post, Nicole! You put that up while I was putting mine in there! Dude, those were completely beyond words. Letting Go is like the best poem I've ever read ^^ and I was wondering when you'd post the poem you showed in your signature ^^ both very, very awesome!! Like, wow...you rock!

16. TeeBe

HAHAHAHAHA...Steam Giant, I LOVE the last line! I am howling over here!

Aprilblue, I am SO glad that you chose to post those! Loved them!

17. Steam Giant

Thanks! ^^ I'm glad you liked it! I'm usually not very good at putting jokes in my stories, because I write stuff that I find funny, and I'll re-read it later and laugh at my own jokes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

4 of My Haikus

They're all untitled as of right now

Calm, quiet, and discreet
    imperfect is perfection
    the feeling of ease

Confusion is great
    realization is key
    something new is fresh

Happiness is real
    experiencing it is tough
    its fragile and loose

Out loud anger forms
    misunderstood is the root
    indifference is blame

19. Half-Light

Wow! you peeps are doing great...i love reading from this thread...so much talent running through this thread...i still havnt had an ounce of inspiration to write yet...lol

20. Steam Giant

Excellent! I love reading Haiku! Very well done ^^ and it's great to see your stuff back up here!