Wellness/Health Paper

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nisomer, May 17, 2005.

1. hawkeye

yes, that was great!

2. confusedkid

confusedkid Guest

Excellent. Everything was there, clear and concise. I don't think there's a single person on this board who didn't check off nearly every single one of those feelings. You're really brave to turn that in, I think. I'm in college in a "blue state,"* with a pretty liberal student body and I've only come out to my closest friends... I couldn't imagine taking the huge step you just did. But everybody's different. Congratulations and excellent piece of work.

-CK

P.S. Find out who some of the other gay guys are in your grade and see if any of them are cute! :eusa_danc (Yeah, I'm always thinkin'...)

*about the blue state thing: I'd just like to thank the people of Maryland who in the past year have rejected any idea of a constitutional amendment barring same-sex marriage, allowed "domestic partners" to receive equal benefits (in some situations), allowed partners to visit one another in the hospital and make next-of-kin decisions, and made attacks on GLBTQ people part of the state's hate crimes statute. While we're not yet on par with Massachusetts and Connecticut, at least things are going in the right direction... unlike with our backwards brethren in Virginia... (No offense to any of you awesome people who may live in VA, but your state's pretty messed up. :lol: )

3. nisomer

Thank you guys. You don't know how much it means to me that I was able to touch some of you, for that shows myself that I have truley hit the bullseye. And maybe, it will help some teenagers in my class to grow up in our society and understand what it is like to be homosexual so that when they do grow up, they will not fear us, but instead accept us. If I am able to change one person's view on homosexuality from my paper, then I have succeeded my goal.

edit: btw confusedkid, i doubt my teacher would actually tell me who those 3 other ppl were lol. but i HAVE met a gay guy on this forum who goes to the same school :slight_smile: we made a thread about it here

#23 nisomer, May 24, 2005
    Last edited: May 24, 2005
  4. CryCrazy27

holy shizzle! outted yourself to teacher and talked to her?! whos ur teacher? thats awesome man.

looks like u might be coming out quicker than me. heheh damn. good luck

you over hear anyone talking about your paper? since its in public access.

5. nisomer

lol..Ms Arnold, wellness 3. Do you remember doing that? IDK if they did it last year. But yeah I did hear one of my friends pointing it out saying it was wierd...not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol. I was just standing behind a few people who were reading the papers and he pointed it out to one of my other friends saying "dude this ones wierd"

6. confusedkid

confusedkid Guest

Hrmm... I wouldn't say "weird" is good or bad. I mean, taking this from their point of view, unless you're gay (or have had some other type of life-changing realization occur in their lives) they might not understand all the emotion behind it. But I bet those in your class who are GLBTQ will identify instantly with your writing.

7. goratrix

Still, as a recently (and mostly still) closeted gay guy, I can tell that if they don't want to, you won't know they felt identified with your writing.