1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your secret to your happiness?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crystalbal, Jun 11, 2022.

1. crystalbal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Friends,

What is your secret to your happiness?

Please do share about your views on how you achieve happiness in your life.

2. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At this moment in time, it is all about just being myself without any reservations.

3. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being with my pets is a simple thing that makes me happy. Playing with them, feeding them, petting them or just having them near me.

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don’t have any pets currently, but completely agree with animals being a source of happiness. I also find being around animals really calming. When I was stuck in a heterosexual relationship, I often visited a local petting farm with my daughter and found that it took all the stress away for a moment.

5. bambibat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can’t say much for long-term happiness, but for short-term it would be creating art. Especially drawing, which I’ve loved to do since before I could walk. I think with art you can make anything feel real, even if just for a moment. Or it can be a good outlet for your emotions.

Sometimes if I feel burnt out from drawing, I’ll usually turn to something else that’s creative to try and bring myself joy.

6. Prisma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely my cat and animals. Being outside when it's cool enough. Typing in sentence fragments because I can, ha ha. Being crafty, music sometimes. Old classic movies.

7. Loves books

My dog. There’s something great about a creature that’s always thrilled to see you, forgives instantly and never wants to leave your side. It’s also okay that she thinks my lap is more comfortable to sleep on than a dog bed and always uses my right hand as a pillow. She’s also super easy to please and will turn her nose up at the expensive dog food in favour of Aldi’s best.

8. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Gawd, for what it's worth, I reckon I can narrow this down to...

* Friends. I would not have survived these last two years without my dear supportive friends.
    * Creativity. Without an outlet to express myself, especially through writing, I'd be all at sea.
    * Sport. Both taking part in it and following it. If I go a few days without running, I feel ill at ease.
    * Having something to look forward to. Making plans, daydreaming - all of this is sooo vital to our mental health.
    * A purpose. Whether that is a creative purpose, or the pride I take in being a good step parent or friend.
    * Music. My oldest friend.
    And finally, and perhaps most importantly...

* Love. Being able to give and receive love, to friends, colleagues, family and of course significant others, is, for me, central to being human.

If all those things are in harmony then I'm a very happy girl.

Beth x

9. Maddiewashere

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "You guys are getting happiness?"

10. Unidentified

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It’s almost impossible to not care what people think … but, my happiness has been greatly improved by realizing I care what I think more.

and stress … if I can’t change it, I won’t stress about it. I once read that stressing about something before it happens just means you suffer twice. There are times when a little stress can help motivate - but if that’s not the case, I give myself permission to let that stress go.

Finally, Gustave Flaubert said “there is no truth, only perception”. A realization that my ‘truth’ is not the same as somebody else’s has given me empathy, understanding, and wisdom. Life is much more pleasant if you can understand another point of view, even at those time you adamantly disagree. Maybe even, especially at those times.

11. Prisma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like this. Inspiring.

12. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Being around people that wouldn't run away if your mask dropped. It may be silly and a tad too simple, but yeah, finding people you like and who like you back is life-changing

That and watching wrestling every week. I have no clue why, but that's what's been keeping me going for the last two years lmao

13. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not silly at all. I completely agree with this. When you find people on your level who appreciate and respect you for who you are, it can change everything. Loneliness and feeling rejected is one of the worst feelings, but feeling welcomed and understood by somebody with your best interests at heart and who cares is one of the best.

For me anyway.

14. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Accepting that it's OK to not know the solution to everything right away / be unable to solve things instantly. Letting go of the idea of living correctly.

I remember making a post here when I was about sixteen about wanting someone to take control of my life. At the time it was a puzzling feeling, but I think I understand now. I was hung up on the concept of living correctly and doing things right, out of a fear that I would otherwise be wasting my life. So much so that I never really stopped to question what it even means for a life to be wasted. I worried that I didn't have what it takes to not 'mess up' my life and wanted someone else to take the wheel in a sense.

Now I realise that fear is misplaced. I don't have to fix or understand things right away, sometimes life doesn't go smoothly. However, that does not equate to failure. It's better to take a step back and consider what you can do to improve things or make something less dauting, even if it's only a slight improvement or change if that's all you're up to in that moment. To make peace with where you want to be and where you are in life. You might not have the answers on how to get there yet, or if you even want to get there, but sometimes it's enough to be curious and to figure it out along the way.