1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I may be transgender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bernie, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Bernie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I may be transgender because I do not like my penis and I like wearing girl clothes and I wish to have boobs on my chest and I wish to wear long hair and be called a girl or a woman I do not want my boy parts no more I have tried cutting my dick off once I don't know if all this concerns me as transgender

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not in a position to tell you whether you are trans or not, however I can give you some advice! What you're describing does sound a little like something called Gender Dysphoria, people with Gender Dysphoria often identify as transgender - although not all trans people feel the same way. Gender Dysphoria is when people feel their gender identity is different from their assigned gender or their biological body parts. A lot of people with gender dysphoria have a strong, lasting desire to live a life that matches or expresses their gender identity. Some people find changing the way they body looks or the way they behave makes them feel better.

However, Gender Dysphoria can be incredibly distressing - I can understand why you might have tried in the past to alter your appearance in desperation - but please, cutting yourself could have life threatening implications. Any surgery you decide to get in the future, to become more feminine, should be done by a trained professional. You will get through this, please don't hurt yourself.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bernie.....I agree completely with what @Spartan 117 said in his post above. I'd like to add that connecting with a therapist would be a best next step for you. First of all, a therapist will be able to help you with the feelings of dysphoria. Second, if this is a case where you may be transgender, you will likely end up seeing a doctor. The doctor will want you to see a therapist and if you are already seeing one you will be ahead of the game! :old_smile: Please don't hesitate with both of these actions. Find a therapist that lists working with the LGBTQIA+ Community - and especially with transgender folks. If there are any LGBT Support groups in your area they may have a list of therapists that you could check. Then talk to the therapist about seeing an MD (medical doctor). They may be able to guide you to a physician who specializes in the kind of surgery necessary. Please....keep us updated on how this works out! Remember that you are a part of our LGBTQIA+ Family and we do care!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#3 quebec, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    TinyWerewolf likes this.
  4. Cold

Cold Banned

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people