1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Before you even take your first step you need to make that decision and that decision initiates your momentum (this can also be expressed with Newton's first law where your intention is the first addition of energy thus overcoming the inertia of remaining at rest)

in short, yes it is a victory :smiley:

CatSpinner and solarcat like this.
  2. Daddio

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Have you had a chance to wear the items that you purchased? If so, did you wear them at home or in public?

3. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve gotten a consult for BA scheduled, and I have already decided about where I’m going to go size wise.

Daddio likes this.
  4. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've worn them all but only out in public once so far. That will happen more though. I'm planning to come out to my neighbours in the next few months so they won't be alarmed by the sight of me walking out of the house in a skirt.

Daddio likes this.
  5. Daddio

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What does your support group look like? How many of your friends know? Does any of your family know? Are you married?

6. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Daddio, my support group are really my wonderful (mostly female) friends that I've come out to and who accept me as Beth. They are amazing and I wouldn't have made it through the last six months without them.

I'd say I'm out to about 18 people now. The plan is to come out to the rest of my friendship/acquaintance circle next year. Nobody from my family knows, although I've only got my brother and sundry cousins scattered around the world. Both my parents have died.

I'm sure my bro will be ok about me - he's gay himself and kind of went through all this with me 15 years ago! I'm still nervous about it just because he's the person I've known for longest in this world (almost 50 years) and announcing that I'm a different gender will be a bigger deal with him than it has been with more recent acquaintances.

I'm not married although I was in a long term relationship with my beautiful partner until she died suddenly in February. Her passing was really the catalyst for all this. The shock was seismic and prompted me to re-evaluate everything. It was then that I realised I had been burying some very deep feelings and I had been running away from the truth - that I'm a transgender woman.

It's hard to put into words just how much my world has been turned upside down this year.

#5046 chicodeoro, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Daddio likes this.
  7. Daddio

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for being so vulnerable and sharing this. I am in a very confused place right now and it helps me soooo much to hear how others are going through similar situations.
    My wife and one of her friends are the only ones that know about me.

8. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got my new ID in today with my updated gender marker!

CatSpinner and Daddio like this.
  9. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so after thinking about it for the last year I've finally taken steps to legally change my name.
    As I haven't posted for a little while I'll do a little update on how I've got this far as there are a lot of little victories along the way. Back at the tail end of 2019 I started doing burlesque lessons (also pole fitness) As the only guy there it was so amazing to be so accepted by the others in classes. I did the burlesque working towards doing what I termed as Drag Burlesque as a way to allow my female side out. My Burlesque name is ######### and I have done a number of routines in class and usually on the final lesson do so in girl mode. This has allowed me change to be out in public in girl mode. While I am always nervous when I go out to lessons (I wear a long coat with hood up) afterwards I'm on such a high I'm able to walk across town fully out. I was working toward performing on stage last year but unfortunately the show was cancelled due to Corvid.

However over the last year on my Facebook page created for ########## I have been doing photo cosplays as well as female photos in general and although I have only a small fanbase of friends feedback has been overwhelming supportive. I've also had the courage to post the odd photo on my main Facebook page Firstly as a bet to raise money for a charity (but also a sneaky way to start coming out more publicly) and since then occasionally just to keep pushing it that little bit more.

So back to the name change. I went through my closest friends first to gauge reactions. All was positive. So I started proceedings to change my first name from Adrian (Ade) to Jade. I'll be keeping my middle name Bernice which I had added a couple of years ago. I've informed work and a meeting took place on my day off to inform the rest of the workforce, so far this has all been positive. Also all my work details, e-mail and logins have been changed and I can't describe that feeling of excitement (happiness) on seeing it for real.

All I need to do now is find away to tell my parents (and brother) and then I'm ready to come out on Facebook for the name change and the fact I'm genderfluid.

#5049 Bernice, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2021
    confuzzled82 and Daddio like this.
  10. Silver101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to admit this happened a while ago, but I feel like I need to tell people about it. I came out to one of my closest friends, and she was very supportive. She didn’t make a fuss about it or anything and didn’t even seem that surprised. Even though this happened a few weeks ago just thinking about it is giving me an adrenaline rush.

chicodeoro likes this.
  11. kepler05

kepler05 Guest

I got my prescription for testosterone!

CatSpinner likes this.
  12. maybon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The dreaded insults I feared throwing at myself didn’t appear when I took that first look at myself in dress and wig. Instead I said “hello” and smiled.

13. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Phone calls are usually one of the things I dread, but the person on the other end kept calling me "Sir" which made my night!

CatSpinner and LostInDaydreams like this.
  14. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Want to get fem clothes bra skirts ect but scared

CatSpinner likes this.
  15. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel emotionally exhausted. I came out to another nine people today!

First of all I invited a couple of friends round for lunch and spilled the beans. Then I went round to another friend's house (she was hosting a Christmas do) and told seven members of the running club we're both involved with. Everyone was supportive and many asked me my name.

So it's now 48 friends, neighbours and acquaintances who know. Which, by my reckoning, is probably halfway.

16. CatSpinner

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Happy for all of you here!

2 nights ago, I ordered some customized she/they pronoun pins from a very nice seller on Etsy. This marks the beginning of my journey as a genderqueer person. For now, I'm only going to wear them to LGBT+ friendly events, such as anime conventions. Someday, I'd also like to wear them to family friend Pride events when it feels safer to do so (because of COVID and other factors).

Also opened up to a friend about me questioning my identity and wanting to find ways to express myself.

17. Katelyn93

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I finally dyed my hair purple, I've been wanting to do that for a while. after when preparing to go out, my aunt, who was visiting, told me I'm more of a girl than she is and she's jealous of just how @#%# pretty I am. Whether it was just tooting my horn or whatever, the events combined helped me feel really good about myself.

TinyWerewolf and chicodeoro like this.
  18. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got my gender marker legally changed! Just got to wait on some police documents to get my name legally changed.

19. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey that's huge! Congrat's Hawk!

Hawk likes this.
  20. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He