1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my ability to express my feelings

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Vega222, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's been a while that I couldn't talk about my emotions/problems/etc or express them easily. When I want to talk about my problems I often feel I am playing the victim and seek attention/sympathy from others. Or I feel I'm a weak person when I express my problems. It hurts my pride.

When friends talk to me about their agonies (and God they sometimes do it a lot), it really pains me. Having suffered from that, I don't wanna give people/friends the same pain by speaking of my own problems.

These thoughts are all like an obsession I suppose. Sometimes when I see others express their problems or vent, that also irks me too. As if they're attention seeker or something. I think I'm frustrated and tired of some things.

2. caden0803

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

#2 caden0803, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you think this is because of something cultural? It is possible for people who come from varied cultural backgrounds (Asian, African, South American) and religious backgrounds (Conservative) to feel like they're "weak" if they talk about their problems. There isn't anything wrong with talking about problems. Don't feel you're weak for talking about them. :slight_smile:. Good friends don't mind, when you talk about problems. :slight_smile:

Vega222 likes this.
  4. Phantom077

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You discussing your problems with someone probably won't cause them pain or agony and I suggest that you give it a try and see how it makes you feel. If they're a true friend they shouldn't feel inconvenienced by you trying to talk to them about something that's bothering you. Making emotional contact with your problems is not a sign of weakness, in fact it often makes one more resilient and prepares them for future happenings.

Vega222 likes this.
  5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Vega222.....One of the reasons that Empty Closets is here is for people to share their problems and express their emotions. So many of us have been through the same kind of situations and we will understand how you feel. We will be able to support you and give you advice and suggestions. Sometimes when you just need a shoulder to lean on...we'll be there for that too. Please don't hesitate...share with us and let us help!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Vega222 likes this.