1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dressing masc?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by weemmy worm, Jul 21, 2021.

1. weemmy worm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been questioning my gender and I might be genderfluid? I don't really know because one moment I'll be like nope I'm cis then the next I'll be crying in a corner because I'm not masculine and my voice isn't deep enough. I want to dress masc but I don't have many masc outfits other than my cbgb shirt, pants, and flannel. Does anyone know where to get inexpensive masc clothes? (I'm 13 and my mom buys my clothes if yk what i mean)

2. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depending on where you live…if you’re in the US, thrift shops and garage sales are usually the absolute cheapest way to get clothes normally (but garage sales are going to be labor intensive since you need to find a sale with stuff your size). Like Goodwill. In theory Salvation Army, but they’ve been pretty crappy to trans people in their shelters, so I tend to stay away from them. TJ Maxx or Marshalls usually have good deals (they’re basically clearance stores). Target usually isn’t bad. And then places like Old Navy or Kohl’s are hit or miss on price. The clearance section at kohl’s will have good deals when seasons change. You can also find t-shirts that aren’t terribly expensive. That list likely went cheapest to more moderate.

3. weemmy worm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    omg tysm!!!!

4. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might be worth starting at the more traditional stores so you can figure out what your size is in men’s clothing or one size fits all. Or trans men might have suggestions on that front. But, you may also be able to find women’s stuff that’s androgynous enough (depending on what you find you want as you explore).

Good luck. Hope that helps. And the actual trans folks may have better advice as well. I just know where to find relatively inexpensive clothes and I do dress a little masculine of center.

5. weemmy worm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    okay thank you!! yeah i have some womens clothes that look pretty androgynous. thanks again :grin:

Unsure77 likes this.
  6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    weemmy worm.....A lot of towns have a "Ross's Dress For Less" Store. They have some name brands as well as off-brands at significantly reduced prices. Check them out! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

weemmy worm likes this.