1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypnosis for anxiety PTSD, Have you got a hypnosis story ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jo Hannah, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Jo Hannah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi All,

I have just started hypnosis, 1st session went well. It's aim is to help me cope in situations where my PTSD / Anxiety is triggered and to stop the fight / flight responce.

So far so good and I have high hopes for it helping me to get some of my old confident self back. Have any of you had experiance with hypnosis? any stories you want to share?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the practitioner is really skilled, I personally think hypnotherapy can be an amazing tool! Of all the therapy I participated it, I think I made the most progress when I underwent hypnotherapy. Good Luck!!

Jo Hannah likes this.
  3. Jo Hannah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you don’t mind me asking how did it help you ?

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its not hypnosis like you see on TV. I tend to be very analytical and overthink things, which has a way of inhibiting me from truly connecting with my emotions. When I had my session, it put me in a very relaxed state that allowed me to get in touch with my emotions and really connect with myself. Once I connected with my emotions, I was able to understand what was driving them and, this might sound a bit strange, almost redirect them so to speak. This might not be completely accurate the way I am describing it, but it was like getting in touch with my subconscious.

5. Jo Hannah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks .. does make sense, I have another session tomorrow, hopefully it is as good as the last

6. Jo Hannah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So thought I would update, I had my 3rd session. I have some difficulties moving on from this trauma as I can’t express what I want to say to the other person involved and don’t know how they felt truly. So we did a session using Gestalt empty chair technique, it was quite astonishing, and the answer I got back from my empty chair weren’t what I expected in my conscious self.

I was a difficult session and very emotional, I would be weeping when I was myself and that would stop when I “switched chairs”, I’m amazed at the power of my subconscious mind. It has been very helpful, they may not be the answers the other person would have given, but to be able to have the conversation I know i’m never going to get with her is such a relief of anxiousness .. I feel it’s releasing me from where i’ve been stuck.

I think i have a good hypnotherapist :grinning:

7. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, the sounds both challenging and amazing at the same time! I will be interest to read how you feel as the next few weeks and months go by and you continue to digest the experience.

Jo Hannah likes this.