1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Issue Tech Issues

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by johndeere3020, Apr 6, 2021.

1. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Every time I switch to a different page I get logged out. I get Emails stating that I have logged in from a different email address? If this is not on EC side could some one pm me and give advice on inter providers?

I got logged of typing this email.... Then I got the stop and read this error message... According to the home page I'm still logged in...

Thanks
    Dean

2. Comrade

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thats not happening to me, must be your computer and/or browser.

3. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This has been happening to me since 2 Jan. 2021, although the automatic logout takes longer than before.

I have noticed that I can few a certain number of posts without logging in and, when I reach that number, a popup informs me I have reached the limit of views.

Although I'm probably wrong, I suspect that the limit is interfering and logging me out because the automatic logout happens after viewing three or four posts.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This can happen when cookies get corrupted. You can try going into your browser's cookie storage (usually under "privacy" or "security" and delete all of the EC-related cookies and cache for emptyclosets.com. Then try logging in again. Most of the time, that solves the problem.

The other thing that can cause this is if you have your security settings on your browser set extremely high. I have very, very tight security settings, and some websites break as a result. So I either use another browser, or grant an exception to the site in question if there's a problem.

5. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Dean,

I experience the same thing about being logged out. I’m really good about cookies and keeping things in good shape (as Chip suggests), but I’m guessing I’ll be told I have to sign in again to post this response. I look at the main page and EC says I’m on, but EC tells my tablet I’m not, and I get another message via email that a new device has signed in. Eventually I give up, because signing in every few minutes discourages me. It all started after EC did some website updates.

It is the only website that is broken.

6. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If y'all are consistently having this problem, it may indeed be on our end. Can you pinpoint approximately when it happened? We transitioned to a new web host a few months ago, and there are still some weird errant problems, likely related to directory permissions, at our current host. The more we know, the more likely we are able to get it fixed. The challenge is... intermittent problems are really difficult to fix, because we cannot consistently reproduce them. So the more we know about exactly what happens that causes the problem, the more likely we can find and fix it.

7. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Chip ,
    Yes I brought this up right as those website changes took place.
    It happens whenever I spend too long in a thread, such as taking time to type this response.
    It happens when I go from a thread and hit the “Forum” button to refresh so I can see which Forums have new posts (but not consistently - again, maybe a timing issue, or maybe something about which sub forum I was in).
    Most times it says I must be signed in to do what I want to do, if I try to post or click on a poster’s name.
    Some times now it is saying the number of threads I’ve viewed has exceeded the limit.
    Often I just notice it has “Log In” back up at the top, but when I hit the back button “DecentOne” reappears there (but if I click on that to see my profile it says I must be logged in to do that, so I’m really not logged in - but the list on the right in the main forum page shows me as “online now”).

8. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. D Artagnan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had the problem since the migration to the new server. What seems to work for me as a temporary fix, I click the 'keep me signed in' box. Otherwise I get logged out after navigating a few pages or try to make a post.

10. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is helpful. We'll have the tech team at our web host look further into this.

11. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't confirm the timing of it, but I have experienced this as well. I've signed in without checking keep me signed in, immediately attempted to post a profile message, and been presented with the a login modal when attempting to submit. I always intend to check the box anyways so not a big deal, but sometimes I click too fast for it and it's a little annoying when this happens.

12. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @Chip The "keep me signed in box" thing seems to be working for me at present.

Dean

13. Night Rain

Happened twice to me. I typed up some long texts and clicked submit, only to be met with the login popup (even though I was already logged in), and when I put in my info and hit login, instead of logging in and posting my message, it gave me an error and I had to click back and type everything again from scratch.