1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diet and body shape in quarantine

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Frederik, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Frederik

Frederik Guest

im an athlete and im always on diet 24/7 .my height is 186 cm and i kept my weight on 56 kg and . in quarantine i cant go to gym or pool and its so hard to keep up . so i want to know about your diet and workouts at home.

my daily workouts is one hour stationary bike at morning and 30 push up , 30 crunch , 30 leg raise and the same in evenings too. and my diet is fruits for breakfast , one egg with toast for lunch and stake or hamburger or canned tuna with a lot vegetables as diner and a lot glass of water per day . but every 5 days one day i ate lunch too as high protein foods like my diner .
    i never eat sugar foods , Rice , fats , fast foods , colas or sugar drinks . orange or grape juice are always pleasant .
    :cartwheel:

#1 Frederik, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2021
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am also anorexic but I have been working at keeping my BMI in the healthy range. I am 162cm and with my doctors and therapists help I work to keep my weight between 50 and 55kg (BMI 19.1-21). The only deliberate exercise I do at home is physical therapy for my back. My day to day exercise comes from traveling by foot or bicycle when I go places, on the days I do not go out for chores I go for a walk of several kilometers.

My diet is vegan and I have a lot of food intolerances so I have to cook my own foods from scratch. Breakfast is a cooked cereal (Oats, Buckwheat, Millet on a cycle) in Oatmilk with berries as a fruit. Lunch is a bean soup which I cook in batches with a rye crispbread. For a snack each afternoon I have fruit, usually banana or apple. Dinner is another thing on cycle which I cook either a stir-fry, a pasta with green vegetables or a pea and rice mixture eaten with tortilla chips. I mostly drink water, at least 3 liters a day. I occasionally add a drink which can vary Cider or a mixed drink like a pinã colada or whiskey and soda. In the evenings I will have a couple of snacks like a rice cake with peanut butter, some nuts, or oat yogurt.

3. Frederik

Frederik Guest

you have a lovely diet i wish we being neighbor that so every day we could enjoy of hiking or cycling together because i love sporty friends and i would love to join you at table because that lunch you said looks delicious . having sporty neighbor is a bless . alright QuitePeace you encourage me because you are 55kg and i want to lose one more kilogram to be 55 kg too :relieved::cartwheel::mountain_bicyclist:

#3 Frederik, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2021
  4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess my answer was worded too subtly. I was trying to get you to realize that you need to GAIN weight.

1 ) I am 162cm and you are 186cm, it is unhealthy for you to try to be the same weight as a healthy woman who is 24cm SHORTER than you.
    2 ) At 186cm and 56kg your BMI is 16.2, anything lower than 18.5 is unhealthy. From an article
    https://bmicalc.org/resources/underweight

I strongly suggest that you consult a doctor about your diet, exercise and weight. I say this as someone who has had anorexia nervosa for over four and a half decades and who has nearly starved herself to death on more than one occasion.

Hawk likes this.
  5. Frederik

Frederik Guest

well i was 80kg 3 years ago and the reason i reduced my weight because in gymnastic your body weight is the keys . more weight make it harder to perform workouts . otherwise i found skinny body so much more attractive to enjoy in gym also in fashion and style i can wear tight jeans and shirts that's i like it..
    thank you so much for caring about my health but i relay like this body shape .

6. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    80kg for someone who is 186cm is a healthy weight. 56kg is not, 64kg is the minimum. Please read these articles and see a doctor.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/anorexia-nervosa/symptoms-causes/syc-20353591
    https://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/information/anorexia/kill-spirit-body

7. Angeleno

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To the original point, I am a runner. I’ve gained significant weight during Covid. I’m working on that. I’m working on the motivation to get back to running more frequently and I have some equipment to exercise at home now.

8. Red Sun

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently started paying more attention to my health and realised I was overweight. I am 166cm but weigh 72kgs. The range for my height is 55-69 kgs. I have been trying to do more exercise and dieting, but I don't stick to the routine. I think I'm going to need a complete lifestyle change in order to lose and maintain a normal weight. Easier said than done.

9. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Difficult but possible. I was over 110kg for over a decade. I have managed to get down to a healthy range and I am also careful not to go below as is a tendency for me when stressed. Take it a day at a time. Exercise and eating healthy need to go together.

Red Sun likes this.
  10. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might not need to do anything as drastic as you’re imagining, unless you want to of course. I’m around the same height as you and was about 71kg this time last year. I started going for a 30 minute walk every day, cut back on all rubbish snacks, and got to being around 62kg after 10 months of sticking to it.

The walk is also a great break from screens as I’m currently working from home.

Red Sun and Really like this.
  11. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For a while I insisted on doing all work Zoom meetings from the treadmill. I lost motivation after a while though.

12. Red Sun

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the advice. I realised that I was putting off the lifestyle change because it felt too drastic. I don't think I like change that much. I will, however, try to walk more.

13. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lifestyle change is necessary because fad diets do not work because the weight comes back when the diet stops. The thing is it does not mean you have to become obsessive exercising 18 hours a day and only eating one salad without dressing each day and nothing else but water. A lifestyle change can be as simple as not drinking a soda or a latte each day while adding simple exercise like that walk. (my changes were more drastic but I made them for reasons other than to lose weight)

Red Sun likes this.
  14. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Everyone talks about preventing obesity and losing weight, by default. But I am 170cm and 51kg. I'd like to be 60kg at least. :confounded: I think I have a very high metabolism. It's very difficult to get enough weight for me, let alone getting too much weight.