1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hows your LGBT life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Frederik, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Frederik

Frederik Guest

hey girls and boys . i like to know how being LGBT effected in your life in family , school ,work and in society you live in . i like to learn from your experience . i start with myself . i live in Iran and here LGBT is not allowed and penalty could be quick death . so as gay i can never come out , i cant talk to people at all about it . there is no any gay club or LGBT community or any pride . you should keep it as secret so in family or work there is no reaction about it except , always people saying : why don't you marry with a good girl ?
    the effect of being gay in my life is im still single and i never had sex or any relationship with a boy like me and it feels awkward like i trying to find a boyfriend in other planet ,living between people i don't belong too , living in upside down and no one can see it but only i can .i love myself and being a gay gave's me hope to look forward to better future .

2. CutieDang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! well my life as bi haven't change a lot because i haven't say it to anyone, just my best friend; i live in Colombia and here the LGBT community and gay marriage is legal, people respect that but most of them don't fully agree, my family it's kind a conservative and they respect the LGBT community but they don't like it, sometimes my parents say things like "those idiots are just confused","they want the attenttion that their family didn't gave them" and some other uncomfortable things, so i don't talk about it with my family; about my friends the most of them are part of the community lol and it's funny to stay with people that don't judge you. I hope one day you could have the future you want and maybe the LGBT community could be legal in Iran.

3. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "hows your LGBT life"
    My LGBT life doesn't exist.
    My family knows and they are okay with it. I have never faced homophobia outside of the internet. However I have never had a boyfriend, and the only way I'm going to get one is if I join a dating website (I have Asperger's and finding a partner the "normal" way would be virtually impossible). I don't know when or if I will try that.

4. Loves books

My LGBT life is non existent. I’ve never had a girlfriend and the rate I’m going never will. Even before COVID there was no where to meet other LGBT people.

5. SamtheGremlin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to be surrounded by LGBT people at my art school but of course when covid hit everything went virtual and I don't go to that school anymore ;_; outside of that, my family is unsupportive of me and I don't think they will be anytime soon. I don't know what your finicial situation is. but I hope your safe and possibly one day you could move to another country where it's legal.

6. Red Sun

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My LGBT life is pretty much online. That is the safest place I can express myself. I live in a conservative country and it is illegal to be a homosexual here. I haven't come out to anyone and I may have to keep it that way for a long time. My parents are very homophobic. I can only imagine their reaction if they find out I am lesbian. lol. Right now I am focusing on University so, I don't think about having a girlfriend that much. I do keep a Pinterest board of some goals I wish to accomplish when I get to a safe place and get a girlfriend. Fingers crossed.

It is sad that you have to hide who are for fear of your life. I hope one day you'll be able to let the world see you the way you do.
    Stay safe Fredrik.

7. SkipNY

SkipNY Guest

My LGBT is emerging very slowly. I am married to a woman and have not/will not come out to my family. At this stage -- I am recently retired -- I don't want to upset anyone's lives and a fairly content existence. However, thanks to groups like this one and some other online opportunities, I have been meeting other gay and bi men who have been welcoming and allow me to at least discuss my feelings and that part of my life. I am not sure I will ever have a relationship with a man again (long story a long time ago) nor am I looking to be unfaithful to my wife. But I do feel good about accepting who I am and having an outlet to be myself.