1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a crush?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by starmotive, Mar 14, 2021.

1. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have heard people say that a crush is NOT simply someone you find attractive. If that isn't the case, then can someone tell me what a crush is?

(I'm trying to figure out if I might be ace and this came up a few times in my discussions)

2. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Someone you are attracted to and like to be around with. Someone you have strong emotional and physical feelings for.

Or just attraction which is what celebrity crushes are.(As you don’t know them)

starmotive likes this.
  3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My understanding of a crush, especially as you are thinking that you might be Ace, is that it involves enjoying someones company and wanting to be near them and spend time together combined with a physical attraction component (not necessarily sexual though)

There is another type called a squish which is also enjoying someones company and wanting to be near them and all of that but without the physical attraction component.

starmotive and Lemony like this.
  4. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's where I get confused! If I enjoy someone's company and want to be near them, what makes them different from a friend?
    And if there's a physical attraction component, what else is there other than finding them attractive?
    Sorry if I'm making this more confusing!

5. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry about that, I thought about it and was going to edit and add but it had been more than 5 minutes so I could not. The difference is the intensity. At the beginning of any relationship when things are bright and new there is an intensity that eventually drops down (this is an unavoidable chemical thing in our brains as high intensity feelings cannot be kept up for long). This is true for friendship or any type of committed emotional relationship (with or without physical components).

Other than finding them physically attractive there is the emotional and friendship component. Wanting to spend time with them sharing and doing things. Having conversations, going for walks, seeing movies, etc. A purely physical thing would be called lust.

No problem.

starmotive likes this.
  6. Frederik

Frederik Guest

i think everyone in life at least once had crush experience . Always everyone have some friends and people around to hang out . but sometimes in life you will find someone very attractive , beautiful, charming and so adorable . its about love ,a feelings truly come from your deep hearth . crush means with all of your hearth and your feelings you love someone . when you talk to him\her or when you looking at him\her eyes its make you feel crazy .

starmotive and Lemony like this.
  7. Loves books

My experience of a crush was when I practically fell in love with a girl I’d never seen before and would never see again. I spent every moment of that one day as close to her as I could, for months afterwards I would think about her. I literally dreamed about her. It was hard getting over a crush when she shows up in your dreams. On the plus side that stupid Crush led to the discovery I was definitely a lesbian. On the other hand I think of how stupidly I thought and acted and acknowledged my more minor crushes for what they actually were.