1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regrets

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LilLady9, Feb 6, 2021.

1. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you regret?

One of my biggest regrets is not being more straightforward with a guy I really liked and was having a sexual relationship with. I wish I would have asked him to be my boyfriend, regardless if he would of said yes or no.

After my twenty something years alive, I've realized I regret what I didn't do, that I wish I did, far more than what I did do that I wish I didn't. If that makes sense...

2. old tacoma

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can turn your regrets into lessons for the remainder of your life. Learn from them and grow!
    Imagine the alternative — having to turn your regrets into lessons for the remainder of your life — after sixty something years alive...

3. Loves books

My biggest regret is not trying harder in school. My concentration was non existent by the time I reached high school and my daydreaming skills were at expert level. I couldn’t get past the first page of a textbook without slipping in to a daydream. And some of my teachers voices could put anyone to sleep.

4. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had poor concentration too that lasted into university. Somehow I managed to get good grades but it was hard work (lot of hard work and grit). I could have done so much better if I could concentrate better. More results with lesser efforts. I can’t concentrate on any lecture for more than a few minutes. Don’t know if it is something inherited or attention deficit or the effects of emotional trauma as a child or bullying. Or if it was because of repression of my sexuality.

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand how you feel, but there is always a "flip side". I had great grades at school, elementary, junior high, & high school. I loved school....I didn't want to go home. Home was terrible...I was going to say home was hell, but I guess it wasn't quite that bad...just darn close. No matter what our past was like the best we can do is to make our now the best we can so that our future can be great! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

6. C06122014

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think one of my biggest regrets has been not keeping in touch with what few Gay male friends I had through this pandemic. I realized that all we did was go to parties together pre-COVID and when we could not do that anymore we all kind of just stopped talking to each other. Now all we do is send each other tiktoks lol and as happy as I am with that...I am pretty desperate to connect with more people near me which can be clearly seen by my decision to visit the same drive throughs constantly for the safe socialization (w/ a mask of course). As much as I love and appreciate my girl roommates that are also my best-friends, I NEED MORE MEN TO BOND WITH OVER GAY THINGS! But in the spirit of a post above advising that we see these regrets as opportunities to learn and grow from, I am going to go text one of them and just check in. :slight_smile:

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This one hits home. It continued past high school. I could have done much better with what faculties I have, based on what I've been told by teachers and guidance counselors.

Aside from that, where do I start?!? LOL.

8. Omnopus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My largest regret has to be letting life pass me by. I always left when things got rough, and before I knew it, my childhood was nothing but a memory.

9. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also feel like I've been letting life pass me by these last few years. I'm determined to make a change.

#9 LilLady9, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  10. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope you're doing well!

11. Frederik

Frederik Guest

if we want to looking at this as lesson from life , my regret is why i didn't care at all about High School :smirk:

12. morrigan56

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wasted a year on a best friend who didn't want to be friends anymore. Both of us had changed, and I didn't want to accept that. We'd been best friends for 4 years, and we just drifted apart. It was really sad, and I wish I just told her how I felt instead of hurting myself like that.

13. jaxyu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    that really sucks :frowning2: friendships drifting away always hurts a lot. Honestly, same I think I wasted my time trying to impress someone, and it really isn't worth it.

14. MistyMorn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My biggest regret outside of relationships is not following my life passion to be a police officer. My family was animate for me not to do it, though I come from a line of military and law enforcement.

This was back in the early 90's when there still weren't many female officers. Though I'm taller than some, I'm slim, so they talked me out of it with fear of being hurt by men quite honestly. Then life got in the way with college and relationships.

I'm a mom now and pretty sure I wouldn't have chosen bringing a child into this world with a police career. Being a mom certainly out weighs any other regrets I may have.