1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Bi..? Or am I not.??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Starborn, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Starborn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For the past four years I have always been very casual when I was with my girl-friends, dropping hints that I didn’t take seriously. When I asked my friend on a date and really meant it, but thought I was just kidding. I am confused. When another friend of mine showed me a photo oh her and her best friend kissing, I wanted it too. I also no longer see myself with a man anymore but also with a woman.
    I am not sure what any of this is. Does it mean that I am, or I am not. I’m confused.

BiGemini87 and SGee like this.
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you wondering if you are actually a lesbian and not bisexual? From what you have indicated it does seem pretty certain that you are not straight at least.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  3. Starborn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry for not mentioning it properly. I like guys as well, I always did. But for the past few years I think. I started looking at girls the same way I looked at guys. So no, I’m not a Lesbian. And I am bi. I just wasn’t sure.
    Thank you..

BiGemini87 likes this.
  4. Markoso

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    From what you've written, you're definitely not straight. But, on the other, hand, I urge you not to put labels on your sexuality (gay, straight, bi, pansexual etc.) too soon and without proper introspection. By the way, how old are you? Have you already got any real-life sexual experiences? Take care!

5. Starborn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I am 21, and no I have no got into relationships. Not even with a guy. That’s exactly why I was confused whether or not I am one and if I am going through a phase or I am being bi-curious or I am simply not one. I really didn’t want labels on the first hand..but I just wanted to sort out this confusion.
    Thank you..and hope I figure it out. But even if I don’t, it’s fine I guess.

6. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    just give it a try and go from there

7. Starborn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi..I really would love to give your advice a try, but it’s not easy at the pace I live and I don’t know how to say this, but I am an introvert and going out and meeting people is not my forte. I really am thankful for your advice and I want to try it out, but where I live I’m not sure I am going to find people who would help me out.
    But I guess I should really go out and search for it. And I will, but the quarantine situation is not helping me in anyway.
    So yes, thank you for the advice and the support. :smile::smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

8. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A common question I've noticed within the community that only you can answer for yourself? Are you bi? Just do you, be yourself, and see what happens.

9. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Another possibility is to try an online relationship - talking to women who are bisexual or lesbian. You may find that lets you express your feelings to kindred spirits

10. Starborn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh okay....i should try this. Would it be rude to ask you if you know any platforms other than this of course where I could do this, that is meet people. Cause I’m really bad knowing and finding stuff.
    But yea I should definitely check it out. :grin:

SGee likes this.
  11. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I started with social media like IG and reddit. Search out bi and lesbian people or groups. You’ll find hundreds!

12. Starborn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you....

SGee likes this.
  13. Markoso

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To make your dilemma somewhat easier: there are clues which might tell you about your sexuality. E.g. when you masturbate, do you think about males, females or both? Do you find yourself more at ease in the company of males, females or both? With whom do you see yourself in the long-term perspective?

From which part of the India do you come? I've been to India several times and urban areas seem to relatively open and liberal, also in terms of their attitude toward various sexualities. Are you Hindu?

14. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given what you've said about being attracted to both, I think it's fair to say you are bisexual. The fact that you're noticing girls more seems to be a natural part of things, especially if you've only recently come to the realization that you like them, too. I know I went through a stronger attraction to women than men when I first came out; sometimes I still experience that. The attraction seems to ebb and flow.

Unfortunately we can't name dating apps on here, but I found sites by googling them. I hope that helps. At the very least, it will allow you to gain a better understanding of your feelings and allow you to do it in a safe, obligation-free way. :slight_smile: