1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do i buy clothes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by musicals, Oct 21, 2020.

1. musicals

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly as the title says i need to buy new clothes. But i don't know where to find clothes that will fit me.

I'm way too tall for 99% of womens clothes, especially shirts, every shirt i wear fits me like a crop top (i am 188cm / 6ft2in tall). Also womens jeans never fitted me, i always had to buy the biggest sizes because i am very tall but they never fitted me correctly because my hips are too narrow to wear the big sizes. So i used to just wear mens jeans and hope nobody notices. But now i gained some weight and mens jeans no longer fit me correctly either so i look 'frumpy' :-(

When it comes to dresses and skirts i am super lucky to have a friend who is a sewer, nearly every dress and skirt i own has been handmade by her. Also she's taylored a lot of my clothes so they look good on me. But i don't want to bother her and ask her to taylor everything i buy/own, and i for the life of me cannot figure out how to sew at all.

Buying shoes is the worst, i am a size 10/11, but womens shoes only going up to a 7, sometimes 8. I have given up hope of ever finding a feminine pair of shoes in my size :-/

Where can i buy ?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A friend of mines niece (a cis woman) is well over six feet tall, together they found a site for cross dressers. The shoes there often have too tall of heels but with enough variety she does find some shoes. Also if you wear athletic shoes it can be easier, often those have a neutral appearance.

There are several websites for "large" women. The styles are limited but the clothes do come in larger sizes, woman within is one (I am a bit shorter than average 163cm but I was quite heavy a few years ago).

musicals likes this.
  3. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    rickies is good to shop at, thats where i go for clothes, shoes, you can look at online like justfab shoes, i wear a womens 10 and they have them there

musicals likes this.
  4. musicals

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you both, i will check those places out:yum:

This is probably stupid question, but is mens 10 the same as a womens 10? I wear a mens size 10 :-/

Google is giving me mixed answers on wether they are the same or not

5. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No mens and womens sizes differ in both the USA and UK while EU sizes do not and it is not a stupid question, clothing/underwear/shoe sizes all vary and are very difficult.

A USA mens size 10 would be a USA womens size 11.5 though womens shoes do vary it might be anywhere from 11 to 12, you will probably also want a wider than normal womens shoe because an average womens shoe is narrower than a mens (higher letters mean wider shoes)

6. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No, it's a minefield and I know even cis-women are confused sometimes. And if you're buying online it's even more of a case of hit and hope!

Beth

7. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You need a women's size 12 in the USA many places sell them. Look online you will find some. Coos dressers store may have shoes for you also

8. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i wear a mens 9 and a womens 10wide