1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Camino05, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Camino05

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just wanted to introduce myself since I just joined a couple days ago. I've been questioning my sexuality for several years now and finally took a small leap to seek advice/guidance when I heard of this community. I would consider myself bisexual but probably more on the lesbian side.

My biggest challenge is overcoming this heteronormative society we live in and accepting who I am. I don't know why it's so hard for me. My parents and how I was raised also have a big influence on this and I don't want to disappoint them.

But, I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and talking through my thoughts and feelings. This is something I haven't done before so it's exciting but scary at the same time.

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

Everyone moves through the questioning and acceptance process at their own pace.

I hope that you will EC to be a helpful and supportive part of that process.

3. barbara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    I completely agree with you. Personnaly, it was because I was so focused on trying to do my best for everyone and not realizing what I was feeling deep down. I have been doing a lot of thinking in the past few few days and came to realize that I have been having these feelings since at least 2007. I remember reading Sarah Waters and having loved it so musch that I ordered several of her books and was really disappointed when the last book I read had no lesbian relationship. Still, I did not realize what it meant for me. I also loved The L Word and was really sorry when it ended but it never occured to me that I shared those feelings too. I was just working (I love my job), taking care of myy daughters, my husband, my friends... and never me. This is changing now.
    I hope this helps.

4. barbara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sorry for the spelling mistakes... I am new here and I don't see where I can correct my message:
    much...my

5. Camino05

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Barbara,
    Thanks for reaching out and responding. Happy to hear you will finally be able to live your truth and take care of You. Growing up, I didn't really know or notice but when I also look back, there's a couple indicators I see now. I actually just started watching the L word!

6. barbara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, It's incredible how we can just ignore who we are. I think it's because of the way my mother told me how stupid, ugly and mean I always was and because we are just conditioned as girls to focus on helping others and appearing perfect and never paying attention to what we feel.
    Enjoy the L word! I didn't like everything in it, but I really loved it.
    I have also been reading books on women who come out to their families and friends (Married Women who love Women" by Careen Strock) and just reading lesbian novels for the pleasure of what I want to read. This is a first.
    Enjoy!

7. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is a scary thing I hear to go public as it were. Secret: a good parent is not always sure what is right. We do our best though. Baby steps are still steps. Keep it up!

8. JustSami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! Nice to meet you! I have been questioning as well, but I think I'm bi too and lean towards girls. I joined here yesterday and it seems great! I hope you feel accepted here :grin:

9. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey!!

Welcome to EC! You’re in the right place to make friends, meet new people and just be yourself. This is such an inclusive forum & I think you’ll love it here!

I was the same as you. Questioned for a while, than sat on the bisexual fence and I just came out this summer to my immediate family as Gay. Totally not into men in the slightest and after all these years it felt so good to just get it off my chest!

This place is a great place for you to put all of your thoughts and concerns, there’s bound to be a ton of people to support you through it!

It’s great to have you!

Lots of Love

Amz ❤️

10. Camino05

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi JustSami!

Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, how long do you think you've been questioning and what leans you more towards women?
    I hope you also enjoy this space! :slight_smile:

11. JustSami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I had a crush on a girl a couple of years ago and didn't realize it until later. Although I felt this way, I thought I was still straight and was only into her. Then several months ago, I came to the realization I like women in general, romantically and sexually maybe just as much as men or even more. The reason I think I would prefer women is because I've tried to have relationships with many guys and it's painful when they always let me down or hurt me someway. I'm definitely not saying all men are like this, they aren't, I just think being in a relationship with a girl may be easier because they understand you for the way you are. Again, not all men are bad, I just want to shoot my shot with a little more women.