1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by okherewego, Aug 16, 2020.

1. okherewego

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone, wanted to introduce myself: 28, male and questioning my gender identity after some recent events. Just trying to make sense of it all, like so many others. I'm looking forward to hearing your stories and sharing some of my own!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to the community. It's good to have you board.

You might find some of the discussions in the Gender Identity and Expression forum helpful; of course feel free to create your own threads and share your thoughts and experiences thus far. Hopefully you will gain some insights and can begin to put some of the puzzle pieces together.

3. Irena

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Welcome to EC!
    I am glad that you decided to share your story after all. I hope that this website will help you in your journey and self-discovery. It is tough for all of us, but in the end it is so worth it :slight_smile:
    My name is Irena, I am 19 y.o. My whole life I was sure that I was heterosexual, but about a month ago I realised that I am bisexual. Oh god, that was a tough month for me, because I kept questioning myself. Previously I thought that all queer people realise who they are in early childhood, so I thought that it's not possible to come to such conclusions later in life. I made a huge research, listened to the stories of other queer people and understood that I was wrong. After some time of self-questioning and internal homophobia I came to self-acceptance. Now I am sure of who I am and take pride in my bisexuality. Now I feel that everything is on its place. However, I am not out to my family and the world. Only a few friends of mine know. I hope that in a couple of years I will be able to be completely out and not hide my identity any more.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

4. okherewego

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you both!

5. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi!! I’m also 28, (but female), just realising my true sexuality after thinking I was bisexual for so many years. Feels great in a way (I’m only out to my immediate family, 3 people) but it still feels like a weight has been lifted with the realisation.

I’m hoping the future holds bright things for all of us! Welcome to the community! ❤️

Amz

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do check out the Gender Identity and Expression sub-forum. There are lots of active and archived posts there that may be useful to you while you are questioning. Feel free to join in or create a thread of your own. We like to help, if we can.