1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Everyone. Completely New!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by R3TR0, Aug 15, 2020.

1. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Everyone,

I’m from the UK. The recent lockdown has had me thinking further about myself (having the time to do so and all...).

I’m a female, 28 and I’m currently in training to become a teacher. I don’t cope too well with stress and so between studying, working, (still living at home because prices of accommodation in London are extortionate) and thinking about myself more deeply, there has been slight anxiety the past week or so to say the least.

When I was 21 I came out to ONLY my immediate family (3 people) as bisexual. They were all completely supportive and really nothing much has been said since. However lately, I’ve really started to see and understand than I’m not into men at all and I’m thinking that the reason I was is because I didn’t JUST want to be interested in women. But I’m now realising that I’m not interested in men romantically at all, I am not attracted to men. So now I personally identify as a lesbian.

Nobody knows this yet (some might suspect it) I once had a drunk colleague make a comment but it hasn’t happened since.

Basically I’ve joined this site to get talking to people and hopefully meet some people with similar stories. I don’t want to feel like I’m alone in this and after reading some posts from users already, I feel like I won’t be.

It’d be nice to hear from you all! Have a great weekend!

Amz ❤️

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

It’s not uncommon to discover new aspects of your sexuality (relatively) later in life or realised that your sexuality is completely different than you previously thought. I was in a long term heterosexual relationship when I realised that I was gay.

I don’t teach anymore, but I trained to teach when I was around your age. It was really tough and that was without a pandemic. I hope it’s going well!

#2 LostInDaydreams, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Discovering our sexuality can be quite a challenge. Even though some people *seem* to complete the journey in record time, others can take many years to work out their true feelings - and that's fine because it is a journey rather than a race. We need to be kind to ourselves.

You made a good welcome post and it's great to have you on board. Now I would encourage you to look around the forum, including some of our archived threads and join in with questions or comments of your own. It really is the best way to gain support and encouragement.

Give a member of the staff team a shout if you are unsure about anything. We are here to help.

4. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much, can’t wait to find my way around this community!

5. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank You! It’s tough but it’ll be worth it in the end! Not long left!