1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s your unpopular opinion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Jul 31, 2020.

1. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I agree. They were really trendy about 10(?) years ago and there shops popping up that sold nothing but cupcakes. The shops didn’t last long. They’re nice to look at and fun to decorate, but the cake to icing ratio is wrong.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That democracy is not only worth saving, but that it also takes hard work to continue.

These days there seem to be too many autocrats. What happened to the concept of openly challenging ideas and having worthwhile discussions in lieu of the modern mainstream concept of "my way or the highway"? Why do people seem so closed to listening to others' points of view these days? Especially when those views can help temper and moderate our own views? THAT is what Democracy is about.

Democracy is not the natural political order of things. It can be messy. It involves give and take. It rarely delivers quick fixes. It is incremental. Also, it is often frustrating. BUT it's definitely worth the effort!!

My 2cents.
    QuantumReality

4. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two.

1) The final choice in the game Life Is Strange wasn't difficult.

At the end of the game you can decide either to spare Chloe or sacrifice her to save the whole area. I wasn't particularly emotionally attached to Chloe, in fact I found her rather annoying. Even at the start I knew that it was gonna come down to sacrificing her, things only start to go wrong after you save her life and she seems freaking adamant to keep putting herself in danger. Plus, now you both have to live with the fact you let an entire population die if you save her rather than fixing the timeline. I wouldn't want to live with that and I bet Chloe wouldn't want to live with that either.

2) Some heterosexual authors / writers can write convincing characters that aren't straight. Also, gay writers don't always write good not-straight characters since they might not be great at writing characters. If an author takes the time to do their research, that's the important part. Personally, I have found myself relating to gay characters before that were written by straight people.

I remember reading a book series with a gay character and he was trying to come to terms with being gay. The questions he asked himself were surprisingly similar to the doubts and concerns I had when I was going through that. It was actually quite intense and made me remember my own experiences which made me cringe out of embarrassment. He is even shown to go through the stages of grief and it goes into why he pushes people away and the fears he has. There was a scene where he got outed and I actually had to take breaks and stare at my wall whilst reading because damn. It's a lot. Plus, as the series went on, there were other LGBT characters and I liked how some were more private about it whereas others were just unapologetically gay, lesbian, bi or pansexual. There was even a gender-fluid character in one of his other series and the author even helps to promote various stories written by LGBT people.

#24 Canterpiece, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ketchup is gross. I’m allergic to tomatoes anyway, but still even if I wasn’t I would not eat it.

6. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I suppose it's the unpopular opinion thread for a reason. I can't live without it.

7. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m with you on this one. I very rarely have ketchup without mayonnaise though. Amazing combination.

8. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never actually tried that combination before - sounds nice though.

9. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is. :slight_smile: I discovered it on a school ski trip. I lived off toasted ham and cheese sandwiches for the week and always had ketchup and and mayonnaise with them.

10. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To save our local communities in real life and ultimately to save democracy, we, the ordinary people of the world, need to initiate a mass boycott campaign of Amazon, Google and Facebook.

And we need to do it soon, before it's too late.

11. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I once expressed my unpopular opinion in another site, then got roasted.:grimacing: They mostly are region specific, which people here may actually agree with me.

#31 Nightlight, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don’t like beards.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is sad but true. I know that some people - even some people on this forum - have been scarred and traumatized by their faiths. I understand how this could be. For a good many, it's just the popular bandwagon to jump on to trash faith and religion. Some things such as event names and ads I've seen in the LGBT community are sacrilegious and even disturbing and seem to be rooted in disrespect and hate.

If both are 100, I'll take dry. If it's a 20 degree difference, I'll most likely take humid. Humid can be okay if it cools down at night. If it's still sticky at 10 pm, that's no picnic.

I've done a 180 on this over this. I wouldn't have one. The lumbersexual beards are awful. The clean cut beard on the right face can look great. This man in the photo seems to be a model because I've seen his photo here and there. I think his beard looks terrible. He might look much better with a different hairstyle and a nicely groomed beard that stays close to his face.

[​IMG]

#33 Tightrope, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being dramatic, this is the most upsetting thing on this thread LOL. My typeee

15. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I strongly agree, though it seems like we're in a very small minority group these days. Some people can pull off facial hair a lot better than others, but I almost always prefer clean shaven.

16. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    10000000% agree.

17. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh I hate those beards! It looks like pubes on his face. I would def trim that if it was me.

18. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have never understood why people drink alcohol and especially why they would drink enough to get either drunk or tipsy.

19. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    An unpopular opinion of mine is that I don't think medication is the answer to everything; I think medication, especially in Western nations, is massively over-prescribed, and I think it often does more harm than is acknowledged. There isn't a pill for everything nor does there need to be.

It does seem to be the case that most opposition to LGBT is rooted in religious faith. Though I come across "secular homophobes" from time to time, they are rare. I've even come across those who say they have no personal bias against the LGBT community but feel they must oppose it because of their religion. That often sets us at odds with religious communities.

#39 Libertino, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  20. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It still is an unpopular opinion in some quarters Joe, but more and more people are going teetotal and it's not just people who are trying to kick a bad habit. Many young people are now shunning alcohol and nights out that revolve around getting drunk and getting laid.

I'm not quite teetotal, but my alcohol consumption is considerably reduced: very little and very rare. I don't miss it.