1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinkin' about teeth

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheodoreAC, Jun 5, 2020.

1. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any teeth stories?
    Any ~interesting~ tidbits?
    Anything?
    Personally?
    I just keep thinking about teeth.
    Fun fact I lost all of my teeth before I turned 11 years old.

(please no gross stories, just fun silly stories please, or dentist stories, just nothing gross)

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a tooth that was coming in upside down that I had to get surgically removed. You can't tell where it had been, though.

3. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    An interesting dental fact about me is that I have all four wisdom teeth. They all grew in straight (though my mouth is somewhat small so they are a bit cramped, but I've had them for years without issue). My new hygienist upon seeing them remarked "you have so many teeth!"

4. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    CooL! When I was six I had to have a tooth removed myself, I had two incisors in the same spot. I don't remember much of the experiance.
    That must be something fun to use in 2T 1L, I don't know any one else who has all their wisdom teeth!

5. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have 3/4 of mine. All of them came in straight, had no issues until two tears ago. I got smacked in the face with a color guard flag which cracked one. Had to have it removed.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Funny you should ask as I was just at the dentist yesterday.

I have a cavity in between two teeth. Didn’t know that can happen. Have to get two fillings next week. Also I have 5 wisdom teeth instead of 4. And the wisdom teeth growing in have more than 2 roots on them which means they’re bigger than usual.

7. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dude five wisdom teeth? Do they cause you issues?

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. I honestly had no idea that it was even possible let alone that I had 5. I didn’t know until I saw the x-rays. It’s on the top left corner, but they are both growing in straight and might not take up too much room. On the bottom right corner I have one that is coming in completely sideways and will have to be taken out. I will def get that taken out by an oral surgeon. Also the one on the bottom left is coming in straight but it might have to be taken out as there may not be enough room. So I might only have to have 2 pulled out but it could be all 5.

9. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Man. That’s crazy. I’ve never heard of anyone having five wisdom teeth. I always hate it for my students when they have dental work done because usually it means they can’t play for a while.

10. gurlinred

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    People have always told me that I have really big front teeth and that the rest is really small. (it doesn't look that bad I promise) When I was getting my Invisalign my orthodontist told me that all my teeth are proportionate and normal sized, but genetics decided to make my gums crowd my teeth a bit more than everyone else so it just looks like they are all kinda small. Also one of my teeth is still a baby tooth, but it has no adult tooth over it so they are trying to make it stay in for as long as possible. (does not look as bad as it sounds)

#10 gurlinred, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  11. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a kid I passed out in the shower and smashed a tooth out when my face hit the floor. Luckily, it was one of the baby teeth that was going to fall out by itself eventually anyway...so...nothing really happened. A new one just grew back and replaced it. That was probably the worst pain I've ever felt though.

Another one...not me, but one of my friends in college had to have a tooth removed. He didn't have dental insurance and couldn't afford it. So one day while we're hanging out, he just got really drunk, took a pair of pliers, and no joke just casually ripped out his own tooth like it was no big deal. I'd never been so horrified yet so impressed simultaneously haha.

12. gurlinred

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @Destin Was it the right tooth? I am really invested in your story, haha.

13. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amazingly, yeah, he got the right one even while being drunk haha.

14. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My wisdom teeth were so impacted that I had them removed under full anesthesia.

Somewhat late in life, I'm now undergoing orthodontic treatment with braces to perfect my smile and make cleaning easier. The Covid-19 pandemic has caused a significant delay in treatment though.

15. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My teeth are not aligned perfectly, and also kind of yellow... The last time time I received a health check, the dentist graded my teeth as "one of the cleanest teeth they have ever seen". Something to be proud of. The issue though, is I grind my teeth in my sleep so often. It's a horrible habit from a few years ago, and I want it gone :frowning2:

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm thirty and technically still have a baby tooth or two

Never had to have a wisdom tooth removed

Crossbite

17. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was born without 3 wisdom teeth. The only one I have never grew out and is still below the gum line. According to a dentist, it may grow out in a few years... though I prefer it remain neatly tucked away so I don't have to spend money on it.

18. La Corbeau

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This thread is terrifying, also one time in 3rd grade this kid ran into me and knocked out my loose front tooth but I hated him (cuz he was mean) so I told the teacher it was a permanent tooth and I think he got suspended. I don't regret it.

19. Loves books

When I was eight I was on a seesaw, and when you bang down one end the person on the other end hops. I went up and my mouth came down on the metal handle. I knocked out 4 adult teeth in the bottom. The first hospital I ended up in sent me on to another one. I had mean Indian doctors who obviously didn’t know how to deal with children. That day they numbed my mouth pushed my teeth back in and sent me home and said I had to come back the next day for a teeth cast. The next day they said they would have to redo the injections and push my teeth back in again and I really wasn’t going to go along with that. I ended up being put under anaesthesia and spending the night in the children’s ward. They should have done that in the beginning. Six weeks later I had to get the plastic cast that was over my teeth and stuck on with tooth cement, taken off. Me and the dentist who was trying that weren’t exactly co operating. She left the room for a moment to give us both a break and the nurse handed me the tool the woman had been trying to use to pry the cast off my teeth and told me to give it go. When the doctor came back ready to try again the cast was off. I ended up having one of those teeth removed years later when I got braces. One of my wisdom teeth is completely sideways growing towards the front and the other grew diagonally towards the front. I had braces but didn’t wear the retainer so they are crooked again. My incompetent extortionist dentist offered me Invisalign but I know if it’s dependant on me keeping it on I won’t. I want to get clear braces and was going to see a dentist before the corona crisis happened.

20. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    1st, anesthetics don’t work on me. It’s a real thing... my mouth dose not numb, and because of that I could feel my first cavity filling like hell.

Second, I grinded my front adult teeth to the base while playing basketball with tons of guy friends. I tripped over the ball when a friend jerked my forward while dribbling. I remember standing up and these 16-19 teenage boys were staring at me like I had sprouted horns. I just frowned and said, ‘is it bad??’