1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So corona kinda fucked my relationship.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gaypjo, May 17, 2020.

1. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I’m gay and I have a boyfriend and I’m graduation highschool. I was forced to start talking to my crush 2 weeks before everything got shut down and those were possibly some of the most fun two weeks of my life. I asked him out the day that it was announced school was closing . Now it’s been over 2 months and I haven’t seen my boyfriend. I did rush to ask him out because I didn’t want corona to hit and ya just never talk again. Not quite sure what advice I’m looking for because he’s not allowed to leave his house. But I just miss him sooooo much. Thinking about all the cute couple shit that we could be doing. I mean it’s been two months but it feels like I’m not even dating him. We haven’t gone on a date because we rly can’t. It just pisses me off so much. Ig I just posted this to bitch and complain but‍♂️ Here I am. Thanks for reading.

gurlinred likes this.
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a few other couples in the same situation. I'm not sure what the protocol is where you are, but I know some of them at least have managed to see each other. They still have to practice social distancing and whatnot, but they're able to visit with each other outside.

If you can do something like that, I'm sure it'll go a long way toward making you both feel better. Barring that, you should try to stay in touch via text. Even if only to check in on one another once a day or every couple of days. :slight_smile:

Landgirl likes this.
  3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As @BiGemini87 says, you will have to get by with text message, video calls, etc. until the restrictions are lifted.

There are lots of people in similar positions and many struggling in other ways (e.g. loss of loved ones, employment concerns, etc.), so you’re not the only one having a hard time.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  4. JayRic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I also face difficulties "thanks to" this messy thing but I start feeling that me relationships were cracking long before everything and all this just makes it clear

5. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea thanks for the comments. Not really much to do about it I was just kind of complaining. I am trying to get him to get paddle boarding with me and my friends but he has strict af parents so I doubt he’ll be allowed. (Our stay at home order was lifted) I just can’t wait to see him again.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  6. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I finally get to see him again. We’re going paddle boarding with a few of my friends. I got invited to eat breakfast at his house before we go. The only interaction I’ve had with his parents is sitting next to his mom during a play and I barely said a word. If I was nervous abt seeing him be4 it just fuckin jumped to a thousand.

7. TheodoreAC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm excited for you man! I've never been paddling before, I hope you have fun on your date. :old_smile:

8. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not quite a date cuz like we’re gonna be in a group with my friends. But I just wanted to get to be around him again. So idk.