1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any other health workers here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any other health workers on here? How are you holding up? I would love to hear peoples experiences.

Of course anyone can post here

I am a radiographer btw

Happy days

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EMT-B with my college and county's EMS agencies.

It's actually been pretty slow here in a city of 200k. There's only 207 Covid-19 cases in the county, and everyone else is avoiding hospitals in fear of catching Covid-19. Our calls for service dropped by like 75% since it started. All of the college students are gone too, which knocked 50k off the city population.

My dad is an infectious disease and ER physician in another city though, and he's pretty busy with the Covid-19 stuff. He's living on the other half of the state temporarily, which is more populated with way more cases at the moment so he can help more people, and doing telemedicine for other hard hit areas of the country in his off time. Seems to be working about 20 hours a day total, which honestly isn't that much more than he usually works most of the time.

3. donnyback

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This must be truly terrifying for all involved, but I can't help but particularly think of those who knew what the health workers were saying was true. What an awful helplessness it must be to watch your friends and neighbors doom themselves and your family, knowing your best hope was just violently wiped out.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wanted to stop in and thank the health care workers working during this. I work in corrections and this has been stressful there and it has been hard to get supplies. So, I can only imagine what it must be like to work in the hospitals while this is all going on. Stay safe, and as sad as it is that I have to say this, I hope that your hospital has the proper PPE for you all to work safely.

5. donnyback

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't help but particularly think of those who knew what the health workers were saying was true