1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have chest dysphoria??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jazzie, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Jazzie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey:slight_smile: im a 18 year old cis girl, and have lately been dealing with some identity struggles...
    I'm quite comfortable in my body, and started being really confident a couple of years ago and it's truly the Best feeling.
    But around a year ago when i was at the peek og My self love and stopped wearing Bras, i started getting these... Idk how to put it... Self hatred attacks???
    Its this aggressive feeling that will take over My entire body, and The feeling would mostly land on My chest, and would come and go randomly.
    It makes me Feel like om wearing giant heavy waterballons, and I cant take them off. Its a horrible feeling, and it makes me wanna rip them of My body.
    Idk what triggers it, and it comes Even on days when i wake up really selfconfident and in love with My body.
    I've always kinda wanted to be a Boy, and if i could change My gender over night i would do it 100%, I've kinda played with the idea of maybe being trans, but then again im too comfortable in My assigned gender i think.
    I'm very confused by whats been going on with My body and mind, but im not able to see a therapist at the moment.
    I've been thinking about talking with My doctor about it maybe?
    Idk duuude, maybe someone here can give some advice or relate???

PS. Sorry for My bad grammar

2. Marble Jar

Marble Jar Guest

That sounds quite distressing for you. I think you could benefit speaking to a professional about this. Is there anything else about yourself that you are uncomfortable with in terms of gender? Or is it just focused on your chest?

3. Jazzie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When i was younger it was almost everything i think?? But the last couple og years it has mainly been My chest, and sometimes My hips.
    I also think it would be good to see a professional about it, but we dont have the money for that rn sadly.
    When covid 19 comes down, i'm gonna try takling with My doctor about it

4. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This does sound distressing for you, so It is a form of dysphoria.
    You also stated how you’ve always wanted to be a boy. That’s a form of gender dysphoria.

I’m no psychiatrist though, so please don’t take my words as law. I’m just a friend, who has gone through a struggle of self loathing in her adult life.

5. Marble Jar

Marble Jar Guest

Yeah, i think it's a good idea to see your doctor. I know some people try using various forms of binders to ease the dysphoria. It's not something i know about but i think there is some information on this forum if you were interested in that.

6. Jazzie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah i've been thinking about getting one.
    I normally dont need it, but When i do wake up feeling like that i always regeret not having one...
    Thank u for replying:')

Marble Jar likes this.
  7. Jazzie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, i've just been scared labelling it that way, since i mostly have No problem with being female.
    Im gonna try to see a doctor When covid 19 calms down, i Hope that makes everything a bit cleare for me:')
    Thank u for replying<3

8. Jupiterian

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    maybe you're nonbinary? possibly genderfluid? i definitely think talking to a professional about this could help but still maybe look into nonbinary genders and see if you relate to any.