1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biology and orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jedidro, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Jedidro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Many years ago I read on a forum a post by concerned wife who’s husbands story was close to mine. I’ll spare you the details but it’s left me with a question. Could being a late bloomer in the womb (growing into male) have an impact on ones sexuality? I’m not asking to confuse myself just wondering if anyone knows anything like that.

2. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been very interested in this topic of sexual orientation and biology. So far they have found that male homosexuality was mostly likely to occur if a) the mother had other sons before and b) if the mother had a family member that was gay.
    So far, I have never heard that being a "late bloomer" in the womb could potentially cause male homosexuality.
    a) They have theorized that having consecutive male sons pushed the mother's body to produce androgen antibodies. They fight testosterone in the male fetus and that could cause a "feminization" of the male fetus' brain.
    b) They think that if homosexuality is genetic, it would be on the X chromosome and that a woman with a gay sibling, is more likely to have a gay son.
    These are all theories that have been developed over time. We don't have the exact answer for why we are the way we are.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some studies point that non-straight orientations may be related to epigenetic factors. I've personally never heard of any solid study that has connected homosexuality to a late formation of the fetus or other related problems.

As far as I know, there is no solid evidence about those claims either.

But yeah, you are right here. There's no precise scientific answer at the moment.

4. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you very much Chiroptera this is such a hot button topic in the LGBT+ community. Some people wonder if we should try to find the reason for why we are the way we are, or if we should just leave it be. I,personally,am curious to know.
    The theories that I described were based off of studies that showed that gay men had more older brothers from their mother than straight men and that they were more likely to have a gay family member from their mother's side. The scientist have noticed a pattern, but they are unsure what causes it. Being a lesbian, I'm more concerned with what causes female homosexuality. The research I've read had said that a high amount of androgen in the womb is the cause of this. I don't know if this is true or not.

5. Jedidro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom has a gay sister. But the lack of male sex hormone I don’t have Younger of two brothers. But, why worry.

6. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sorry, what does it mean "I don't have Younger of brothers"? Do you have two younger brothers? Or there are two brothers in your family and you just happen to be the younger one?

7. Jedidro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    apologize I didn’t realize that I didn’t use proper English and punctuation. But I was trying to say that I have an older brother.

8. Jedidro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was implying I was probably exposed to a normal of male sex hormone in the womb. I’ve just always wanted the cop out.

9. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There’sa lot of debate of nature v nurture what caused this that and the third. But the truth is, we don’t really know. And let’s be honest here. The brain is a blob of 60% fat and some water and other things with an electric current (tiny), that keeps itself happy on a cocktail of chemicals. Weird and unexpected things are going to happen. But even still, humans aren’t the only species on earth that exhibits homosexual behavior.