1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid 19

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gregnb2020, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Gregnb2020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am wondering if other people are not able to get out and see people for physical contact while this pandemic is going on. I want to get out and see my bf but im worried about bringing something home to my family.

2. Maddog2017

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It may depend on province but from what I understand we're allowed to go out and meet up with a small amount of people but are discouraged from large group settings and should minimize the amount of time spent out of the house.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The less people you interact with, the better. Most provinces and cities are doing pretty good at sharing what is now closed/how to minimize risk on their social media, websites and the health unit's website.

My bf and I have been staying home 90% of the time (like literally just sitting at home) and every couple of days chilling at the other's house. Do you best to wash hands etc, but as long as neither of you live with elderly or immunocompromised people, then you're good.

The main concern is the healthy people carry it without showing symptoms and pass it along to vulnerable groups via work/restaurants/leisure activities etc.

Batman and Kyrielles like this.
  4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't. My bf and I don't live together and because he can't quarantine because of his work I won't be able to see him indefinitely unless we sit 6 feet apart outdoors

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Health officials have said over and over again, social distance is key and is in some ways your only protection at this point. Try not to do something that could put others at risk. Depending on where you live, in some places you can go out or meet with others, as long as you practice social distance - in other words, being 2 metres or 6 feet apart. If you are in a location where emergency measures are in place, it would be good to inform yourself what they entail. Always be mindful of that should you get the virus or your boyfriend, the both of you need to be then in self-isolation, until you have fully recovered.

How would you feel about having regular chats over the phone or online with your boyfriend, if meeting or getting together with social distance is not the best option at the moment?

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I've had to put a lot of connections on hold, haha. I have one partner (we've gone exclusive for now due to covid) who comes to visit a few times a week, but other than that I'm not seeing anyone other than my roommates, and I'm not going in public at all. Everyone in my household is staying home all day every day so I consider seeing my partner occasionally somewhat low risk.

That said, if I lived with anyone considered high risk, or if my area issues stricter recommendations, I wouldn't be meeting up with him.