1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut or uncut

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MBM4K54, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if they asked the parents of boys born here in the U.S. if they wanted their new babies cut or uncut. Maybe they just went ahead and did it. I believe that they are now asking and there's a small movement against it because it's viewed as barbaric or a violation of a young infant's body. The reason people in the U.S. select it is for hygienic purposes and because they want their kids to look like everyone else in the locker room.

It doesn't really matter. In the U.S., the preference is for cut, whether they ask women or men. With uncut males, they can look different. They can have a lot of foreskin or a very small amount that almost makes it look cut or looks cut if aroused.

I've heard of partial circumcision in the U.S. I don't know what that means and if it's for adults or babies. The other concern is if someone goes to be circumcised, would the length of the erect penis be shortened? They will be taking a band of skin off the circumference.

I know two people who have gone through with it. One was a Latin American guy and it was voluntary. The other person did it because of phimosis.

gravechild likes this.
  2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always thought that was a ridiculous argument. Its not like boys are pulling each others pants down and examining foreskins. I've had my fair share of ribbing after revealing not being cut, but otherwise... ? No one but a potential partner would/should know or care

ErickWolf likes this.
  3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wonder if all those who say circumcision is more aesthetically appealing would think so if they came from any western country other than the US, where it's exceedingly rare.

The chances of developing a health condition as the result of keeping a foreskin are next to minimal. Any of those justifications is really just an after-the-fact rationalisation of what's really just down to mindless ritual.

ErickWolf, Libertino and gravechild like this.
  4. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appreciate your post as I was also in an incubator for the first two weeks of my life and was cut after I was out of the NICU. I had no choice in that decision as well but I’m assuming most born in the 1970s were cut.
    However once I came to terms with accepting myself and my orientation I found myself wishing I was uncut. I still struggle with the NICU even to this day as I think it has some significant negative ways in how I viewed myself growing up... anyways thank you for the post....

TrevinMichael and gravechild like this.
  5. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Danabutton you are so welcome. I am sending you much love and caring.
    I hope today finds you in a good way. Take great care.

I am glad you are around and doing well.

TM

Danabutton likes this.
  6. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks
    I appreciate your post

7. Snowqueen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think cut looks sexier, but a penis is a penis.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As someone who was circumcised due to "adhesions" at 6 years old, I miss being uncut. I remember touching myself an how sensitive I was before the surgery. There are so many nerve endings down there. I remember my dad getting upset with me for touching myself during a family dinner when I was 5. I have no way to prove it, but I think my parents talked with my doctor privately about it. Lots of doubts about it. Still a lot of trauma relating to that.