Meeting new Women

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nicenic, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Nicenic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello,

I am newbie. Still figuring things out. My question is where do I meet women? Only to talk to (for now). I’m in my 30s and it’s hard to meet new people in general. I live in fairly small town. I have never had any contact with LGBTQ+ community. But I heard it is quite small here.
    I only have one close friend that identifies as a lesbian. I am not ready to come out to her about my new found feelings of sexual attraction. We became inseparable for almost a year. Long story short I fell for before I knew I liked women. She knew I had feelings for her before I ever realized. Things got weird and she cut me off for a while. We are back to being pretty close friends. I still feel a close connection with her but I don’t want anything romantic with her. Anyway she’s my only gay friend but I don’t want create weirdness between us.
    So back to why I’m posting this. What do you recommend on meeting bi or lesbian females that I can talk and band with?

BiGemini87 likes this.
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! :slight_smile: There are some dating sites I've found aimed at bisexual and lesbian women; not just dating, either. You can set your profile to "looking for friends". ######### is one of the better ones I've come across, since it doesn't expect you to pay to use the DM functions (and a lot of them do). ############### is another that's decent-ish. It might be tricky though; the smaller the town you're in, the harder it is to find what you're after.

#2 BiGemini87, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2020
    Nicenic likes this.
  3. Nicenic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    BiWriter87,
    I tried to message you but it’s blocked. Just was trying to get the names of the sites you recommended. Anyway thanks for trying. Have a good night

BiGemini87 likes this.
  4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're more than welcome to discuss dating sites in the general sense, but we do not allow users to mention specific sites.

Also, @Nicenic, PMs are only available to Full Members. Once you have made 50 posts and have been a member for at least 2 weeks, you may apply for Full Membership.

5. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, darn. My bad. ^^; Best of luck, Nicenic.

6. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried looking for local or local-ish groups? Even if they’re for just for women (e.g. a woman’s running group), rather than specifically LGBT.

Try searching meetup or googling it. There’s one near me and it’s fairly low-profile. Nobody would know you’re a member unless they’re also a member.

Also, are there any Pride or other LGBT events near you? Slightly harder as you’re going to have to brave about going up to strangers and starting a conversation.

When you’re ready, it might be an idea to ask your friend for recommendations. She might know of something.

Nicenic and BiGemini87 like this.
  7. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is moving something you can consider?