1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush or not?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fall moon, Jan 3, 2020.

?

Is this romantic attraction?

1. Yes

54.5%
  2. No

9.1%
  3. Maybe

36.4%
  1. fall moon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Does this sound like romantic attraction or not?
    I have a friend who is a girl. When I am around her or talking to her, I feel really excited and happy in a way that is beyond the happiness I get from other people. Even just thinking about her makes me happy. When I am with other friends, I often feel I bit anxious or worried. But when I am with this girl, I just feel totally happy and not anxious. I have never felt the same way about other friends or people. I just want to be around her and be with her. I think she's beautiful and I love physical contact with her like hugs. Pursuing a relationship with her is impossible as she is straight, but does this sound like a crush or not? Is this just a normal friend relationship?

2. WhisperinShadow

Hey :slight_smile:

I would say that it could be a crush because you feel really excited around her and love physical contact with her. It reminds me of a situation when a woman I really liked leaned onto my shoulder and stayed there for a while a few years ago. It was the best feeling of my life and I didn't want it to end.

When you are together with platonic friends you normally like to spend time with them like talking, doing platonic activities together but you don't think about being with them the whole time or getting physical.

If you feel extremely happy about physical contact it could be an Indicator.

It seems like you could imagine a more intimate relationship with her and that could be another indicator.

But there is no need to rush into anything. Just take your time to explore your feelings further. :slight_smile:

3. Fritzcoop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not so sure that it's a crush. It could be but best friends feel that way too. I absolutely love my best friend. I depend on him being there and we don't exactly cuddle but we do hug and spend time up against each other. A good friend is a bond of love. There is no sexual attraction with us but those feelings of elation when I'm with him are there.

4. Athexant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This sounds like the way I currently feel about one of my male friends, and I classify what I feel for him as a crush. However, there are other criteria that I use for labeling what I feel for him. For example, do you think about kissing said friend? Does the thought of that make you happy? Do you often wish you cuddled more? Have you ever had the desire to hold her hand? What about her do you find beautiful? There are a million other questions you could ask. Bottom line, I think you might have a crush on your friend, yet I would still explore what that means in particular for you, especially if you've never felt this way about anyone else. Sometimes, when you have a very close friend, the line often gets blurred between friendship and romance.

5. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you might love this person. Love doesn't have to be sexual in nature. It is possible to love friends. I voted that it could be a crush, but it's not clear. If you feel pulled towards this person, feel a need to spend time with them often and think of them when they are not around, or you find being near them makes your heart race a bit, that implies strong attraction. But sometimes attraction build slowly from friends to something more as people grow and change.