1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Chick-fil-A Foundation’s donations to anti-LGBT groups end

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LaurenSkye, Nov 18, 2019.

1. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This looks like pure marketing BS to me.

Chick-fil-A Won't Entirely Rule Out Donating to Anti-LGBTQ Charities Again

In other words, they didn't say they won't donate to these LGBT+phobic organizations in the future. If they were serious about going in the right direction this time, then why wouldn't they clearly state that they won't do it?

As said in the article you have linked, if they were serious about this, then they would be more transparent, instead of just saying "no organization will be excluded from future consideration". They aren't serious about this.

3. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The article I read I thought they said they wouldn’t make any contributions to any organization with anti-lgbtq policies. I’ll have to go find it and read it again go be sure. I’m not saying it’s not bs they’ve said it before and didn’t follow through so let’s see...

But Salvation Army is adamant that they are anti-lgbtq and even have an lgbtq page on their site. Now the problem I have with them is they haven’t straight forward acknowledged their history of discrimination and issues... you can’t say we’ve evolved and pretend like the past didn’t happen. You gotta address your mistakes... anyway what’s your take on the Salvation Army?

4. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And just bc the foundation doesn't work against us doesn't mean the owners won't on their own. I think they're still privately owned and closed on sundays, wtf

6. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Their food isn't even very good. Why do so many people love Chick-Fil-A so much? Their menu is comprised of like, two chicken sandwiches, one breaded the other not breaded, chicken strips and waffle fries. And yet every time I'm at the mall there's a line around the corner to get food there. There's not that many bigots around! What is drawing people to their food? I'm assuming it's lined with a little bit of cocaine or something.

7. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha I love their waffle fries... they also normally are good with gluten allergies so it’s easy for me to eat there. All this was before I switched to plant base of course and I’ve not ate there in a while because of the anti lgbtq stuff. The Chick-fil-A sauce is basically crack... and their customer service has the best!

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m still not eating there. I will also never drive a Hyundai or Kia. They aren’t supportive either.

9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Still hate the company.

Don't care if I'm just holding grudges, but until this all is a distant memory (like decades of them no longer hating gay people), I will continue to drag their name into the ground.

10. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hyundai add protections to LGBT+ workers a few years ago? They even have a 100 on the corporate equality index.

11. smee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here is a link from 2016 about Hyundai adding LGBT protections. It seems that Hyundai has two divisions in the USA. The corporate division has gotten good marks for equality. The manufacturing division updated their policies in 2016.

Chick-Fil-A, sent out a statement in October (which has since been pulled) that said in part:"Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena." I would personally say that same sex marriage is less the subject of formal debate and more the law of the land, but they do seem to be taking some steps.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes but they were the last car company to add protections. Also, I don’t know if it’s true but do you have any reference that they got 100%?