1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Charter busses, accommodations, and everything officially booked for the band trip in the spring. I'm so excited and it's months away but April is going to be here fast. The only thing we may end up having to have that isn't already booked is a larger truck for equipment if our trailer isn't sufficient. We kinda have to wait on that for a little while though because we need to know what the show is going to look like. No idea what kind of props and things are going to need to be transported.

Gray hound was especially great with the busses. The girl I got originally told me that they couldn't charter enough busses for this many people. Her supervisor said it would definitely happen and they were happy to have our business.

2. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a social loner to be truthful. I'm friendly to nearly everyone, but I won't hesitate to be by myself either. I don't like a lot of drama/gossip and I'm not really friends with anyone at work. I'm there to do a job, just like they are. I love my job, and wouldn't trade it. But I don't get involved in the extra.

I write smut and music does that count?

3. ImpresedOf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok then!
    It was fun chatting with you

Good luck

4. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'm probably way more upset than I need to be today.

5. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Update: It turns out I was way more upset than I needed to be. I didn't need to be upset at all, actually. The day is done.

6. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [Back story: a couple of weeks ago, we found out that one of our juniors in the band and snare section leader was moving roughly an hour away, which disqualified him from participating in the band. New school, new band, that's how districts work of course. This past Saturday at semi-finals was the first time the band had performed without him. I came down to the field today for practice and they had left a share drum out in the stands — bit of a tradition. I had to fire the band up a little today, had a surprise for them.]

Bring it in! [Band comes in] I get it: it's cold. Unfortunately it tends to do that this time of the year, like it did last year, the year before, one more before that. Point is, we're used to it. We know how to layer, we know how to dress for the cold in ways that we can remove layers when we get warm and toasty. None of us are in hot Georgia [one of our sophomores is from Georgia originally, we call him our Georgia peach]. Monday night, it was so cold spit valves didn't want to move and drum heads snapped. You complained about chunks of frozen spit hitting the ground. Last night, we went to the gym to warm up. You complained it was too hot and humid and was causing tuning issues, the echos were terrible and made you sound awful. Tonight we're back on our field, our house, our arena. And tonight you're complaining that the turf is wet and slippery, the lights are bright and you can't see the drum majors hands.

Let's get real: your complaints have NOTHING to do with the weather, where you're at, the lights, nor the drum major. You don't need the drum major, and you can't tell me you do. Thomas [our senior dm] can stand on that podium and do the can-can while you're playing and it wouldn't phase you. You'd listen to the line, like you were taught to do. Let's talk about Saturday night. You were technically right: played the right notes in the right order and rhythm. Your forms were tight and were accurate. But that was not what you are capable of. That was not your best performance. You know it, we the staff know it, your parents know it, shoot the judges know it. You want to know what one of them said? He said "The bands performance tonight is technically sound, forms look clean and great. But the chemistry is wrong. Something is missing. I hope they get their groove back."

He's right: something was missing. The same thing that was missing, also happens to be the same thing you all are so up in arms and grumpy about. That snare drum sitting in the stands. Unfortunately, sometimes people move. It is a fact of life that sometimes people have no choice but to move. And sadly, the musician who was using that snare drum is in such a situation. And sooner or later, you all are going to have to get over it. But I guess you all can get over it later, rather than sooner. The BPA proposed something and the staff agreed, and quite frankly we think you'll like it.

MISTER WILLIAMS! GET YOUR BUTT OUT HERE AND GET MY DRUM OFF THOSE BLEACHERS. RIGHT. NOW.

[We made arrangements to let our missing snare finish out the season. BPA made sure he's got transportation, I cleared it with the admins from both schools and the band director at his new school. Turns out, band director down there and I met at competitions a long time ago. Almost like we've kept in touch, or something.]

7. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a company-wide meeting at work this morning. The question isn't "Is it good news or bad news?" but "Will this finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back and convinces us all to start job hunting?"

8. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My boyfriend, is he ok right now? I haven't see him for a week. I am too busy with my job and other handsome guy hunting and my wife.

9. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello . It’s been a while since I’ve been in this thread

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back!

11. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Iceland seems like such a cool place to live. Awesome scenery, nice people, pure water, amazing beer, headquarters to many game companies... I wonder how someone moves to Iceland.

12. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Man I really hope the weather holds today and tomorrow. We have a chance of snow tonight into tomorrow and we have finals tomorrow that we're hosting. While we can move indoors, that's really the unpopular option. We do have a heated turf field so we can keep the field snow/ice free (and it might even keep the performers a little warmer). Officials are asking the band directors what their opinions are and right at the moment it's to keep it outside. The concession stand (which the band gets all of the proceeds from) stocked up on coffee and hot cocoa. So...we'll see.

13. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, how have you been?

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One has an enormous amount of money, rapid language-learning abilities and very advanced social skills to break into one of the most culturally insular places on Earth.

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And a love for the smell of sulfur

16. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Been so long since ive been on EC, looking for a distraction mostly !

17. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate slaving away for minimum wage :slight_smile:

18. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    heyy its you- whats up man?

19. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its a pleasant surprise how many people who I used to talk to on here are still active!

20. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there ever a good time to ask someone out? Do I have a chance? Why do they even like me? Am I delusional and selfish? Will they lose interest soon? Maybe I should just focus on being a decent friend. Why do I smile so much when someone mentions them? Ugh feelings. :upside_down: