1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disappointing LGBT Movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Starwind78, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Blue" and "Below" are honestly two of my favorite movies! I guess tastes differ.

2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me Jenny's Wedding was the most disappointing one I've ever seen. The plot was just so bad and the "couple" despite it being about their impending marriage had zero chemistry and were only in scenes together a handful of times.

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    God yes this movie was unbelievably bad!

#23 Love4Ever, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  4. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I liked Jenny’s Wedding well enough, though I think the music was better than the film, but it really shouldn’t have been focused on the wedding because you literally saw her fiancée about three times. It was less of a film about a wedding and more of a film about coming out. I think it would have been titled differently because you watch it expecting a romance and instead getting family drama

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Imagine Me & You was dull

6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. It was cute. But that was it. It was just lacking any spark to me. It just didn’t get off the ground and become a “real” love story to me. Idk it seems like the director/actresses were too timid to just make it feel real. The women in the movie really came off as being straight women who were just doing this for the film. :frowning2:

7. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Watch Imagine Me and You or I Can't Think Straight, those seem close to what you want.

8. Loves books

Dull but happy which is what makes it worth a watch, I also love Luce. I sometimes feel like I have to watch several movies to get everything I should be getting from one. I might as well stick to watching my childhood favorites on DisneyLife and skip overt romances completely.

9. Ellajones

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The Favourite was all over the place. It felt more like an acting expo than a movie. Hey, let's get some great actors together and thread together a bunch of sets and scenes the academy will eat right up!
    I read disobedience and it was an okay story with exceptional writing. I learned so much about the Jewish culture, and some of the pages describing religion brought me to tears. The book felt like dinner and the movie felt like dessert. It was sweet and not too dense, and complimented the book well. However without reading the book, I could see how the movie would seem a little lacking as dessert does on an empty stomach.
    Carol was pretty bland but dang that love scene was amazing for some reason.
    Imagine Me & You was the first lesbian romance movie I ever watched down in my basement room with the door locked on my first-time laptop for free on youtube, so that will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Overall, Lesbian romances are either shallow and terrible or deep and disturbing. Definitely time for some middle ground! I have had to go outside of America for some good ones. I loved the Swedish one "kiss me." That felt more real than a lot I've seen and I'm a sucker for a good make-out swim.

10. Delphine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This! I loved that movie .. the acting felt so natural and there was so much chemistry between the two actresses.

As for disappointing, I really didn't like Lost and Delirious... I can't stand the fact that most lesbian romances on TV end with one of the women dead, cheated on or painfully rejected. It depressing... can't we get some more happy endings please??

11. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loving Annabelle.

12. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know some people will find this weird but I cannot stand Call me by your name. There are so many things in the movie that I feel are just wrong.
    I know the legal age is 16 in Europe and Timothée character is 17, so it’s not taking advantage of him but still feels like one.

13. malinconia

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it bad if I say that I didn't like Love, Simon? I think I'm just more of a book person, half the movie I was getting annoyed or confused by things they changed and it didn't really have the same emotional impact as the book had. Also, a lot of LGBT movies on Netflix are very lacklustre. Didn't like Blue is the Warmest Colour like a lot of people, North Sea Texas was weird, I have mixed feelings about God's Own Country, and anything else I just have vague memories of not liking. The only movies I do like are The Birdcage, Moonlight, Pariah and The Way He Looks.

14. malinconia

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god yes, I really didn't like to Call Me By Your Name. It seems like so many people see it as a weird aesthetic love story but it's so not that to me. It feels like we're watching a teenager who's only just discovering his sexuality get taken advantage of by an older man because of that. Oliver never loved Elio he was just some extended hookup that Oliver saw the opportunity in when he arrived in Italy. Elio's still so young and doesn't know anything so of course, he's gonna be taken in by this older American man. Like I don't give a damn about the legal age of consent, just because it's 16 doesn't mean that person is in any way ready for a sexual relationship like that with somebody 10-12 years older than them. Elio was clearly taken advantage of and the end of the movie, him crying in front of the fire, feels like he realizes that.

15. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agreed. And it is clearly indicated in the end of the movie and the book that Oliver didn’t love ( which is a big if) Elio as much as Elio loved him.

16. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love love The way he looks. And for those people they should have made Charlie and Sebastian endgame, even if not immediately at least a few years in the future.
    As for Esteros, Esteban character should have said ,Thanks but no thanks , to the irritating Mathias just like his girlfriend did.

17. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I recently saw JT Leroy and wasn't really thrilled with it.

18. JESS2825

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This thread is old but we were getting so many more LGBT films I feel like we need to bring it back. SO who else HATED Lezbomb. Like why won't the family just be quiet and listen to their daughter for 5 freaking minute instead of trying to predict what she is going to say !! It literally made me want to watch a straight rom-com instead, not even Carol made me feel like that.