1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's hung out naked outside?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Jul 23, 2019.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I strongly encourage you to discover sarongs. The rayan ones are fabulous. I discovered them when in Southeast Asia. They are the only way to go. Wet it and put on. Or wet it and lay it over ya. Sarongs are so versatile.

#21 brainwashed, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha definitely, I went to very extreme lengths to ensure it was never found out about and would have guarded those plans with my life....because I'd have for sure been dead anyway if they had found out. :innocent:

BothWaysSecret and Chip like this.
  3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is actually a semi-serious question: Would they have been more or less horrified finding out you were hanging out naked with a bunch of people compared with finding out you were gay? I'm assuming being gay was worse, but it's always sort of interesting to look at the judgments that extremely rigid people make because they usually make no sense whatsoever.

(Sorry for the thread hijack.)

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ... but true nudists would say it's sarong way to go about it. :grin:

brainwashed and PatrickUK like this.
  5. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad would have been less horrified because he could easily justify it to himself as "boys will be boys" and his son must have just wanted to go look at naked girls or something. He'd still be reeeeally angry about it though for me being supposedly immature, irresponsible, not acting in accordance with the wholesome standards he expects from the family etc. and would mention how disappointed he was in me for months. (he gave me the disappointed and irresponsible speech once just because the washing machine in my apartment broke, which I had no control over whatsoever, which made me like 30 minutes late visiting him due to trying to keep it from flooding everything).

My mom though...honestly I think she'd be equally or even slightly more horrified at that compared to being gay. In her mind, being gay is still a semi-private thing and even though she considers it shameful and wrong at least the information is mostly contained to our family and my friends in another city she doesn't ever have to interact with. Being naked in public with 20ish other kids from our community, is a whole lot more public and in her realm since then people she knows and interacts with daily could become aware of it if other kids told their parents what we did. Then she'd have to deal with the extreme social disapproval at church and whatnot of other adults thinking/saying "wow, you're son is such a degenerate loser, he was naked with all these people in public, you must be a terrible parent, your family needs more Jesus in your life" etc. and if we had gotten arrested or something and it ended up in the news? Oh. My. Gosh. I'd have had to change my name and flee to another country to avoid her rage over it.

brainwashed and Chip like this.
  6. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yikes Destin!

But, parents come around. My parents didn't talk to me for a year when I told them I was seeing a non-Catholic woman. They did, reluctantly, attend the wedding. My Grandparents cut me out of their lives to five years.

Now, they don't even remember it. They love their gay children and gave up the Church.

The moral of the story is to live YOUR life. My life would have been misery had I done what they wanted.

Destin and brainwashed like this.
  7. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, there's a few reasons, really.
    I have a very ugly body. My BMI is nearly perfect, but my body fat percentage is high, so I have a bit of a gut, but what's worse is that I have a low waist-to-hip ratio, like a woman. I hate it. Furthermore my body is very hairy.
    I used to always feel guilty about it because men are allowed to show their bare chests but women aren't. Women never seem to mind the double standard, but I still always feel like they're angry and feel it's unfair that I can do this and they can't. I'm a little over this, but not entirely.

Danabutton and Destin like this.
  8. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love being able to sunbath nude with my BF on our sun porch. It is private and allows us the freedom of being nude and outside right in the city. We have even made love out there. Love the feeling, it feels decadent somehow.

brainwashed likes this.
  9. Shallow waters

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being nude just feels really good :grin:

brainwashed likes this.
  10. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its so interesting experiencing and reflecting on differences between American & European families. To this novice, me, European families are generally so much more expressive of love and affection. And they seem to not have a problem with nudity like Americans do.

Of course exclude Poland and other super conservative religious countries.

#30 brainwashed, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Destin likes this.
  11. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally feel woman should be allowed to go topless in America. I feel the double standard is not fair. What is being said by women covering up, hetro men cant control themselves?

#31 brainwashed, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  12. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG! (a Chip funny thats actually funny)

13. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mine is two-fold.

1. I hate the way I look, and don't have the nice body that people like to oggle (like I do myself) at those places. I'm self-conscious enough that even if I know other people aren't looking or don't care, I'm looking and I care. I'm not happy with myself, so why should I be happy to show it off?

2. I'm pale as hell (thanks, part-Irish heritage) so a shirt helps prevent sunburn in addition to the sunblock I use. And it saves from having to reapply sunblock to my torso every x amount of hours.

Destin likes this.
  14. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm surprised this has been so common and how the heck are you getting invited to these pool parties where ppl are naked haha. Did it take a while to get used to just hanging out naked? Do guys get hard and ppl just ignore it? I have a fairly private yard and have pulled my shorts down while sun bathing for a little while and it was nice. Part of it was feeling like I'm being a bit daring I think and the sun and breeze felt nice. Didn't want to burn so it wasn't too long. Was thinking of doing it again on these nice warm days and could do it in the shade too. I see pics guys take naked in public and it makes me nervous for them getting caught.

15. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think some of this is a regional thing. I live in a mountain and desert areas of the west. There are, literally, thousands of square miles of very remote and private areas. I've hung out in totally platonic settings nude and I've had plenty of outdoor sex in my life with my wife and now with my male friends. I've never really worried about privacy. At skinny dipping venues or remote hot springs, I have never seen an erection. If the setting is non-sexual most guys just don't become aroused. Also, I believe this has something to do with upbringing. I was so often without clothing growing up (swim team, camping out, running through sprinklers etc) that I don't equate nudity with sex.

16. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoy sunbathing nude every weekend. I take hrt have b size breasts. I walk the beach nude also and talk with both men and women. I don't worry how I look I am me.

17. Sailorsheart

Used to sail naked all the time and it felt good to be so free. As to someone criticizing nudity, it is just their inner self being ashamed of their supposed self image and that is their problem. Always thought a party with everyone naked, not allowed to hide behind their feathers, would be a very interesting party.

18. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The closest I've come is being naked in my apartment with the blinds open.

19. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to admit I fall into the self conscious shirtless group. That’s something I have struggled with since I was a kid. However, I admit I do like when I have seen someone look in my direction while being topless and I start to feel some sort of self confidence....
    I’ve been more inclined to take my shirt off or at least have it fully unbuttoned more after coming to terms with myself

Destin likes this.