1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarot Readers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LakanLunti, Jul 3, 2019.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I just got myself a tarot deck and Im trying to learn it. I was planning on getting a Rider Waite deck but after seeing Wildwood deck I feel like its calling me. No regrets though, I LOVE the Wildwood deck, especially the artworks! The cards and meanings are quite different from the classic Rider deck but still I love it! Im just starting to learn the beginner spreads but I've already done an interview spread with deck.

Are there tarot readers here in EC? What deck/s do you have? Id love to learn from your experiences!

2. TaurusMage

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been reading tarot and oracle cards for . . . three-ish years, I believe. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. It's been an amazing, incredible experience, and I've grown to be really fond of repeating cards (even when sometimes they can be so frustrating--once you've seen The Moon for the twenty-eighth time that month, you're ready to see something else xD). I've got a few cool stories regarding tarot spreads I and others have done over the years that I'd love to share if people cared to hear them!

All of my oracle cards are from Doreen Virtue, and I know that that sparks a lot of mixed feelings, considering that she's sense renounced her old spiritual topics and become a fundamentalist Christian . . . but tarot is independent of her current beliefs, thankfully! The main one I use is the Guardian Angel Tarot Deck. There's also the Angels of Abundance Deck, the Past Life Oracle Cards, Angel Tarot . . . I want to say I'm missing one, but I can't think of it now!

Anyway, what got you interested in tarot? :grin:

3. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have the Mystical Manga tarot deck. I saw that one and it was like an instant connection. I just started reading again after a year and a half break, and I was very much a beginner before. The next deck I want is either the Triple Goddess deck or the Santa Muerta tarot deck. I can see how people collect decks...lol.

4. TaurusMage

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The Mystical Manga deck looks pretty freaking awesome! And I had never heard of the Triple Goddess deck before, but the artwork is absolutely beautiful :O

5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PLEASE! Share your tarot stories! Id love to learn more! And The Moon card is an awesome card! Does it usually mean good thing? Also with a non-Rider Waite deck, do you use reversals?

My tarot history is very strange and cool at the same time. It started really as a joke. We are at a bookstore and saw a section for occultism and it had tarot decks. A friend of mine jokingly told me that I would look cool with it. Day gone by and that thought never left my head. One day I was browsing in an online store and I saw a tarot deck (weird because the online store usually only shows clothing items). I bought one impulsively. That deck is Wildwood Tarot (its very perfect for me since its nature related and the back part is green lol). Then when I hold it for the first time, it feels like this is the right path. Its a weird yet good feeling. The best way I can describe it is the feeling of walking in an unfamiliar street yet you really feel like you are walking on the right way. Then I research and research. I studied the meanings, studied some spreads. There's this one spread that really intrigued me, deck interview spread. It is when you interview your deck on what it's strength or weaknesses are, etc. The messages are very clear. Then I tried different more deck interview spreads. One constant message that I got is that my spirit guide is a powerful male entity and it is very loyal to me and will carry me to a happy place. Ever since I slowly got serious on tarot readings. I do tarot journals, I even bought white sage for cleansing. Ive read accurate readings that freaks out my quarents (and to be honest it kinda freak me out too!).

Right now, Im more or less a week and a half after holding my tarot cards and I feel like daily Im learning more about myself, my spirit guide, tarot cards, and my spirituality.

6. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It really is. There are so many decks I could spend money I don't have on. :slight_smile: A friend of mine introduced me to Tarot and I took a workshop at our (now closed) local metaphysical shop. I was interested in divination and Tarot seemed like the best method.

How'd you get started?

7. TaurusMage

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well guys, I can't remember exactly how I got started anymore, which is a shame. I'm an occultist and brow-deep in metaphysical spirituality at this point in my life, but I used to be a pretty hard-core skeptic. The first time I was ever introduced to tarot was through a girl in my friend group that had bought a deck. I didn't believe any of it and so didn't really pay attention to my reading (BUT I do remember that a friend of mine got The Lovers and The Empress cards in a reading for her, and within a few months she met the person she married and became pregnant). At some point after I had to drop out of college I was introduced to angels in spirituality, outside of Christianity, and over and over again I came across people online talking about "angel card readings." The whole thing just really spoke to me, and videos I watched from readers were always spot-on. I finally got my Guardian Angel deck for my birthday :slight_smile:

I'll definitely have to look through my tarot journals to find some of the events I took note of that were pretty cool, but as of now, here are some that I can remember:

1) One time I was using a crystal-based oracle deck, and was asking what I needed to do to help heal myself regarding love and relationships. I had a feeling that I would get the rose quartz card--and I was right. But I didn't pull it from the deck. More like it--out of over sixty other cards--managed to flip itself over in the middle of being shuffled directly and perfectly into my hand. It didn't fall out. I was doing the exact same thing I always did when shuffling, and that never happened before then and has never happened since. I quite literally mean that it just . . . flipped over. And I was like, "Alright then."

2) For the past couple years Mama and I have known that we're going to move to a different state out of Mississippi and that it's meant to be Colorado. And I mean meant to be, if tarot results are any indicator. I have done well over twenty spreads on that move total, and every single one, when asked about moving to Colorado, tended to have The Sun or other cards that are really positive. There was a time when it was between Colorado and Alabama, which I did a few spreads for. And in every single one of those spreads, the Alabama card was the Five of Swords (indicating regret, feeling trapped, heartache, etc). At another point it was between Colorado and I think Texas--and Texas was the Five of Swords. Another time it was Colorado and California, and California was the Five of Swords. So in feeling a bit baffled I did a "Colorado vs anywhere else" spread--and "anywhere else" was the flipping Five of Swords XD Yes, I kid you not.

3) About two months before meeting my ex, I repeatedly got the Knight of Cups. The Knight of Cups indicates someone who is extremely romantic, friendly, sweet, and so on, but had a tendency to be flighty. And boy, was that him. He would bring me flowers to work, open doors, knew how to talk all romantic-y and whatnot . . . and it was great. He was very loving, and he is a good person. But he's also very flighty, and goes from one thing to another to another. He had multiple jobs over a course of a year and eight months (very nearly ten), and it just wasn't working. But still--he was undoubtedly my Knight of Cups!

4) My first job was hard on me. I kept it because I was absolutely desperate, but everyone there, with the exception of two people out of ten or eleven, initially treated me like crap. They'd yell at me, try to keep me there for as long as possible, tell me I wasn't doing good enough, etc. I'm sure you can imagine that I was upset. After about three or four months, I started getting The Sun in work-related spreads, which spoke of how my hard work and optimism would be recognized, promotions, raises--my "time in the Sun," basically. The store manager eventually quit, and was replaced by another, who was totally different from the rest. Whereas the previous store manager put heavy emphasis on getting things done quickly, the new one put more emphasis on customer satisfaction and positivity. I was promoted to Trainer within a few weeks of her being there that came with a nice little raise, and got better at the job overall. Most of my co-workers (which at that point were mostly new) liked me well enough.

5) In my second job, I had a choice between working at the restaurant in the town I lived in or the neighboring town. I actually wanted the neighboring town (I never got a good feeling about the one in my own), but the store manager there, who was the one who interviewed me, asked me if I could go to the other one because they were so short-handed. I was able to do a spread before I made my choice, and I can't remember what the one for the neighboring town was, but I believe the one for mine was the Five of Wands. It was saying that if I worked at that one, I would have a lot of problems with my co-workers. Short story shorter, I was kind of guilted into joining the one in my town. And, dear God. That woman--the store manager there--was awful. Nothing you ever did was good enough. One time I spent an hour and a half doing detail cleaning in the kitchen (walls, table crevices, behind the stove, etc., in addition to my other usual cleaning duties), and the following day she bitched me out because I had forgotten to wash one of the pots. To be clear, everything else was done. There were also plenty of times when she would try to force us to clock out and make us keep working.

The Moon is actually one of the only cards that, even after three-plus years of doing this, I still don't get. It seems like it's a bit of a wild card. It is kind of case-by-case. Or at least that's the way it seems to me. It's not like the Nine of Swords, which is usually going to discuss depression and heavy mental health issues, sleepless nights, etc. It's not like The Fool, either, where you know it's talking about new beginnings. And it's not like the Two of Pentacles, which can often talk about keeping your day job while pursuing your dreams.

As for reversals, well, I sort of use them. I try to rely on my intuition mostly, and I keep all the cards straight up. BUT if one falls, and I don't catch it, and when I pick it up it's in reverse position--I take that as a sign. :slight_smile:

It's so nice to be able to talk to people about tarot! I'm glad the two of you have found it and love it so much <3

8. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am very happy to hear that you are doing tarot journals!!!! Mine doesnt have that much written on it yet (just mostly reminders on how to read major arcana and court cards). Here are some of my cool tarot reading stories:

1. I was reading for a close friend, just a general reading. 3 cards that Ive dealt are (Green Woman, 10 of Bows - Responsibility, and Knight of Bows) <or in Rider-Waite deck they are Empress, 10 of Wands, Knight of Wands>. I read those cards as a warning that she should be careful on being too impulsive on things especially on sex because there is a chance that she might get pregnant. I felt this was a wrong reading since I know that she is single and that she is a virgin but still I told her this. She then told me, in a very scared voice, that just several hours ago she lost her virginity to a guy and that they did it without protection. I was in shock! Since then my confidence on trusting my intuition got stronger.

2. I was reading for a different person. She was an ex-coworker of mine and we dont talk that much. So I ask her is there any question she wants to ask. She jokingly told me to ask when is the time to move on. As she was shuffling, a card fell. I picked the card and put in on the table. The cards dealt from the top of the deck didnt really made sense until I revealed the card that fell from her shuffle. Green Woman/Empress card. For some reason my intuition said its her girlfriend. I dont know her that much but Id never thought of her as not straight. I didnt even tried using my gaydar on her because I knew she was straight. I trusted my intuition. I made sure no one was around us, then I asked her if this was about her girlfriend. She freaked out, and her reaction was an obvious confirmation. She said only few people now about it. I freaked out too. We both were just looking at each other, obviously freaked out. Then the cards dealt now makes sense and my reading was smooth. I'll never forget this one.

3. Just earlier this morning, I do my daily reading. I was really bothered by a dream I had before waking up. It was about this known psychic woman that is a family friend telling me not to continue this tarot reading path because it will only attract dark entities around me. I ask about that in my reading. The cards were, in order from left to right, Ace of Bows (Wands), 4 of Stones (Pentacles) - Protection, and Ace of Vessels (Cups). Before I tell you what I read on those cards, I want you to know that Ace cards ALWAYS ALWAYS come up when Im shuffling (sometimes as a card falling or when I would riffle shuffle the deck it would be on either of the half of the deck) and for me it represents my spirit guide letting me know that he's there and ready to help me. In other words, Ace cards for me represents my spirit guide. Know let's go back to my cards. 2 Ace cards on both sides of a card that means protection. My spirit guide wants to let me know that he will never leave my side and will protect me from any harm. I felt really loved and safe that morning.

Im very glad I can share this experience! I honestly want to tell this to someone for a quite some time but most of my friends are very skeptical on things like this.

9. TaurusMage

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I read your post on my wall too, and so after this I'm gonna send you a PM! Hopefully you don't mind, 'cause I'd love to continue talking to you more about this!

Yes indeed, I have tarot journals! I want to say I'm on my third one now--although I'm using this one as more of a divination journal to cover a wider spectrum. My preferred method is oracle cards, so that's the main thing, but whenever I try to mess with a pendulum or just try to go deep into intuition, or things like that, I record it in my journal. They shall serve you well! 8)

Anyway, what I'm getting from all this is that you are extremely intuitive! Those are some really impressive stories. Honestly, I just really feel like I'm not that kind of reader. I think my angels and guides communicate with me through a more direct-and-to-the-point manner because they know that trying any other way will go right over my head :grin: I mean to say, GENERALLY when I do readings the traditional meanings of the cards are what stand out. There are a few times where this hasn't been the case and I've gone totally left field and still been correct, but those tend to be far and few between.

Do you have any plans for tarot? I mean, do you think you would ever want to teach it to people, or do it professionally?

10. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kinda do. I actually just did a daily reading and the main message was for me to master this path, as well as crystals too. I also had a reading once that I will be mentoring and guiding two girls (possibly twins) in this spiritual path. So yeah, when I can confidently say that I had mastered this then I will be very open to teach this to others. Professionally though, I dont think I would build a career around this. My guide specifically told me not to use this gift to get money from others. Im good with that still. I still really want to make games and be an awesome artist!