1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disturbed by encounter with "Friend"

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kelseyk92, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. I posted the other day about being depressed about my sexuality, well this is sort of a follow up...

Today my friend messaged me and said that she wants to hang out, I said no and that I'm tired. She said "what is wrong, something is up?" and "we need to talk" I said ok. I went over to her apartment and she just started talking. I'm nearly 27 and she said "time is dragging on, why can't you be straight and find a boyfriend and have kids, it's not normal being a lesbian. You will never have true love not being able to have kids naturally with a partner, why don't you go to therapy? I will never support you if you and your partner have kids and bring them into this world with two moms, I know what kids without dads are like. I believe you have it in you to be straight. Your choice to be gay is wrong. Yeah I hate my partner but we will always be bonded together because we have a kid that represents both of us. The love we had wasn't wasted. Yes I'm unhappy with him but we are together for a reason". I AM SO PUZZLED BY THIS.

I don't understand why she cares so much? why does she care what I do with my life. I sat there with my jaw open in disbelief

What the heck was this about?

I called her after I left and said I'm blocking you on everything and not turning up to work tomorrow, She is my boss. I cannot go back to work and deal with her

#1 Kelseyk92, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She kept saying nothing comes from you being gay. If a woman and woman lay together, nothing comes from that. Naturally it's wrong. I don't agree with it but that's your choice, I'm just being honest.

3. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She also kept saying that your family only accept you because they love you. If it wasn't for being straight we all wouldn't be here, that's the way it's supposed to be. You need to get over this and move on with your life, ect....

4. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This makes me so angry, how stupid people can be, geez. Is there any support you can get until you find another job, i'm not sure about discrimination laws in your area, but if there are, report her. That was so inappropriate on so many levels, to call you out to her just to spew her rhetoric, all a boss should care about you is you have good work ethic when you're at work and get the job done in a timely manner, etc, NOT what you do at home, no matter her views. She should only care or think about your work chart and hours and quality of work, nothing else. She overstepped MANY boundaries. Quit, seriously. And report that to higher ups. And right now, see what you can do in tge meantime to hold you over until your next job, if family could help for a bit, etc. Awful, awful, nonprofessional lady, poorly educated, poorly spoken and thought, i personally can't stand people like that, it's so upsetting. I'm truly sorry you had to face that.

5. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am truly shocked and I don’t know what to do? Do I turn up to work tomorrow?

6. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say no, i say see if there's any support you can get to hold you over until your next job and quit and call the higher ups. Or, i'm not sure how the quitting process works, but yeah, you can't work with and for those kinds of people. Look up the company's discrimination policies, call the higher ups or HR, report her and look at your quitting options

7. gayfish96

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. Just wow. I feel sorry for the challenges she's in right now. I wish she could learn to feel better about things. Life must be really getting to her.

Even some straight couples can't have babies. Does that make their marriages useless? No!

Infertile couples are a blessing to all the children out there who have no father and no mother. We all need love!

8. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m in disbelief still. I remember I was crying and saying “but I can’t be like that, I don’t like men, what am I supposed to do?” And she said “get therapy, you’re my mate and I’ll always accept you but what you’re doing is wrong” and I said “I can’t imagine loving a man” and she just started saying “well I can’t imagine loving a woman, I don’t relate to that” And then she said “you’re not gay, you’re lost” and all this shit

9. Kelseyk92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really am shocked still. I meant to reply to you but I’be accidentally just posted. I’ve just wrote on this forum. Tell me what you think?

10. gayfish96

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's absolutely terrible! We cannot pretend to like the opposite sex! And it would be incredibly selfish and cruel to marry someone of the opposite sex. They will be wanting us to love them the way they need to be, and they won't be getting what they deserve as a spouse.