1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining for Friends

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by junesharde, May 12, 2019.

1. junesharde

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, all.

My name is James, I'm a gay almost-21-year-old from a village in the rural Southwest of the US. I'm joining to combat some pretty bad loneliness while I'm stuck living with my parents.

I've just dropped out of college after a rough patch of struggling with chronic illness, and I'm dealing with a lot of complicated emotions that I hope I can sort through a bit here. I'm hoping to continue my studies of psychology and philosophy at a new university in the Fall, with the ultimate goal of becoming a counselor. For now, though, I'm trying to make some friends so I don't feel so isolated.

I'm a pretty huge nerd with a passion for Nintendo games (especially competitive Smash Bros), politics, philosophy, and people.

I'm pretty friendly, so don't be afraid to reach out if you're looking for someone to talk to. I promise you won't be bothering me.

2. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, and welcome to the community, James!

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all of that at once, it sounds pretty stressful and difficult to deal with. But I hope you get through it in time, and that you can continue on with what you want to do in life. I had to postpone University as well recently until September because of a back injury and the recovery has been quite painful until recently thankfully so I can relate a bit with that, and it can be frustrating to deal with.

Nerds unite! :nerd: lol

I hope you enjoy it here and meet a lot of friendly people, and whatnot.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. It is a great place to find some friends especially if you are having a bit of a rough patch.

4. Jaques

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey James,

First of all, I am new here too and it's really cool to see another fellow nerd out here.
    Let me tell you something.
    I am from India, a country so conservative that they decriminalized consensual gay sex as recently as 2018
    But still there's so much homophobia in this country.
    I literally. can't come out to anyone of my parents or friends, so I completely understand the isolation.
    Just know that you have inherent value as a human being, and that there is always something or someone to live for.

5. junesharde

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the welcome and for sharing about your experience. It can be really hard when you have to deal with medical problems on top of trying to establish independence. I hope you're doing well moving forward. :slight_smile:

Thank you. :slight_smile:
    I can't pretend to fully understand your situation, but you have my sympathy. Know that you are loved and valued even if your situation is hard, and know that you are strong for holding on. My thoughts are with you.

6. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly, it's like you want to be independent but because of health issues, you have to rely on others for things that you used to be able to do yourself. I am doing well now, I've been dealing with other things on top of that but I am pushing through it, and on a plus note I can get my own socks on now after almost a year of not being able to. lol.

#6 Emmareld, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  7. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Man, I suck at smash bros. My little sister can kick my ass with her eyes closed. Still love it though. I'm not a huge gamer but I've been playing Nintendo games my whole life, and I'm pretty sure that they could come out with a pokemon game that just insults you the whole time and I'd still play it.

Chronic Illnesses are so rough. But I hope you find the support you need, we're all friendly here (though I'm quite annoying). This place was definitely a safe haven for me many times in my life when I couldn't go anywhere else.

8. Smidze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there and welcome..As mentioned by others above there are many great people hear who’ll support you and can relate in some ways to what you are experiencing. I’m a fair bit older than yourself but can certainly relate to the parental bit (i went through an awkward childhood).
    Stay strong things will improve. Am
    available to chat anytime.

9. Ravenstar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    WELCOME!!!

10. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC James :slight_smile:

11. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello there and welcome to EC.
    This site has been formidable in so many ways. I am positive you will enjoy it here.
    M