1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a happy person? How do you feel inside?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Socky, May 5, 2019.

1. Socky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im always happy. I feel good all the time. I enjoy everything. I also feel confident. Especially when im with my uncle. He likes that.

So EC how about you? Do tell. I wanna hear it.

2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I'm happy. Not all the time though. I often feel sad at night. Admittedly, I can be fairly grumpy.

Right now, I feel OK. Not happy, nor sad. Just fine really. I'm usually content, and I'm happy now and then. There are times when I feel sad even though I'm not sure why. It can be annoying when I'm doing something fun, but my brain is randomly thinking about dark topics so I can't get into the activity.

Staying up late and lie-ins are overrated. I hate the places my mind goes to in those hours. When I get into healthier patterns, the thoughts are less intense. I have a tendency to worry and get stressed or anxious easily. My confidence levels are a lot higher than they were in the past, but I have random lows in confidence. Usually at night. That's why I should really start going to sleep at a healthier time. I don't want to spend another night crying, or at least not for a while anyway.

Whilst most of the time I'm happy or content, when I do feel upset it is often fairly intense. But at least it passes.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I'm a fairly easy person to get along with (at least tolerate aha). I don't think anybody would describe me as an overly angry/sad/whatever.

A lot of the time I'm okay. Just okay, with every couple of weeks feeling either pretty happy/sad/angry. I'm definitely an anxious person. I've often thought about it - am I naturally a "meh" feeling person? Or if I got my shit together a bit more (friends/job etc) would I be happier?

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the surface I'm pretty happy. On the inside I can be an anxious, lonely, self-loathing mess sometimes. I'm pretty easygoing and I think easy enough to get along with.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel I have been through a lot. I try to remain upbeat but am most a glass half empty person.

#5 Tightrope, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  6. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would say I’m a very neutral person. I’m definitely not super happy, but not really sad either most of the time. Just extremely staring-into-your-soul type of dead serious. It gets interpreted as being angry/intimidating often, but in reality it’s just going about my life neutrally and unemotionally. I just kind of...exist.

#6 Niagara, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  7. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's me as well. I'm taking anti-depressants which is the reason I'm happy on the surface, but deep down I'm a mess.

8. rathikins

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually people say that about me. I seem pretty happy on the outside, to anyone. I'm mellow, and don't usually have a care that shows. Although on the inside, I'm pretty anxious and lonely, not that it makes me sad but it's not something that makes me happy either. I care about people a lot, and in the past I've often worried about them more than myself. I'm happy to say though that I'm in a place where I'm taking myself more serious.

I feel both the same and indifferent to the few who have replied to this post.

9. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel sad all the time because of homophobes.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really quite happy. It's hard to say whether that's temperament or circumstance because my life is really quite good. I will say that the corollary of that is that I really do feel like I have a great deal to lose and that that grows each day which has made me quite the epic worrier, but that doesn't seem to detract much from the basic happiness.

11. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I spend the majority of my life angry. Everything has the potential to make me angry, and usually it's anger that I can keep hidden, but over the last year, when I can't keep a lid on it, it's started to manifest itself as downright explosive anger. I hate always being angry and it makes me hate my life, but nothing makes it go away.

#11 ThatBorussenGuy, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  12. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have fleeting moments of happiness.

I think I’d be much happier if I had a better occupation and some more friends/boyfriend.

It’s easier to be happy when you have a good life, what I always wonder about is when people who have seemingly terrible lives are somehow happy.
    What is the secret? Perspective?

13. The Aquarius

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m in the middle a lot of the time. I would rather sit on the couch than get up and do something. Though sometimes I get lots of energy.
    Also in public I’m usually reserved but there is also sometimes when I am just weirdly happy for no reason.

I’m ok with this but I do wish I was happy all the time.

14. Reviskova

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i feel like i am somewhat negative neutral. i keep most of the negativity to myself, and even if i am not feeling positive, i (try to) keep a positive outlook. a lot of the time i feel nothing in particular, just "fine". other times i feel like i am the scum of the earth or im having the best day ever. big scale, i know. but my mood changes a lot. generally i find myself to be kind of pensive, and out of touch with my emoitons. i guess i just let things happen and change without caring too much. i used to be a very happy person when i was younger, it makes me miss those days a lot. but, i am starting to feel more comfortable with myself in general. weird emoitons and all.

15. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Normally I'm quite happy, but at the moment I'm struggling with a skin condition which makes me feel uncomfortable and is ruining my social life. And I hate that its happening this time of year when its nice weather and I'm normally out and about. No sex = Not happy. :frowning2:

16. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being happy all the time is a huge challenge for those with a serious mental illness like me. I'd say I'm about as happy as the typical people I meet in the mental health community, which is substantially more than stereotype would suggest.

17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say I probably measure up to neutral - up and down from some type of medium existence, but probably slightly to the negative side. You might be interpreted as angry or intimidating while I put up a decent front of seeming more upbeat than I really am. When I'm not feeling my best, I tend to withdraw a little and do things on my own. This past weekend, doing something improptu with a few of my friends really lifted my spirits. I was surprised.

18. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mostly neutral but vulnerable. I take everything too seriously and constantly contemplating about something. If there's no problem to be answered, I creating more problems to think about. It easy for me to get anxious. What a tiring way to live lol

19. canadawet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, kinda! Relying on external sources for happiness, in my experience, hasn't been the best way to go about life. I have bipolar disorder, so I used to just sit around thinking I had no say in the matter of whether or not I was depressed or hypomanic or normal, and that I had to just wait around for a positive event to trigger some happiness or for my brain to stop giving me hell. It's not true, though. The most freeing thing in the world for me was learning that contentment is a skill. I had to train my brain out of what I was taught (that happiness is a goalpost you can get to "if only I had/was/could...") because the truth is you'll never get to that goalpost; it'll just keep moving. It wasn't easy. I had to train myself to correct every pessimistic thought I had, had to learn to be present, to meditate, had to understand that no matter what might be going on around me I could accept that how I responded was my responsibility and take the lessons from it. Nine times out of ten, you're the one holding yourself back, and nine times out of ten there is something you can do to improve your outlook and move toward your goals. Don't get stuck in the "if onlys..." and the "I would, buts..."! Enjoy the process of finding a better job and a boyfriend just as much as you enjoy actually having those things. Your life is your own; believe in yourself above all!

I'm only happy because I hit rock bottom and realized that if I didn't want my life to be where it was (without friends, depressed, a dropout) there was something I could do about it! It's really hard sometimes to fight against my brain, but that makes the winning even better.

20. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :slight_smile: