1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if hate didn't exist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hope4love, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look, we're basically talking about taking away a human flaw/negative trait. And the truth is we wouldn't be who we are if we didn't have our good and bad traits.

Imagine how boring music would be if all we had to listen to were upbeat songs about being happy and nice to each other, and there were no songs about bitter breakups and sad experiences.

There would be no horror films or violent action movies or comedies full of inapropriate jokes and bad language, because there would be nothing to inspire people to write anything like that.

There would be no wicked witches or big bad wolves or scarey monsters in children's fairy tales because every book would be full of characters who have no reason to come into conflict with each other.

Actually, that could be kinda fun!

2. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually believe in duality like a lot. It’s kinda a big part of my spirituality. But honestly I don’t know an opposite for hate...

Opposites:
    Happy - sad
    Safe - fear
    Love - indifference
    Generous - greedy
    Like - dislike
    Joy - sorrow

I mean there are plenty more but I just don’t know a true opposite to hate. To hate something/someone you have to have some kinda of positive feeling towards it/them that keeps you connected. Otherwise it’s not really hate.

Taking away hate would not take away flaws. It would honestly take away excuses and make everyone really express the true motives behind actions. Then you’d either fix the problem or embrace the fact you're good being in a negative space. Again this is just my opinion.

3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try using a thesaurus.

Oh, and another thing. If my mum didn't hate her ex boyfriend, she wouldn't have broken up with him and got with my dad, and I would never have been born. So there!

4. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I openly share my honest opinion on why I believe hate isn’t the actual opposite of love.... or how hate really (again my opinion) is often used to mask other issues and feelings... and this is your response? I see that it’s really not that you’re disagreeing, rather you’re wanting to be antagonistic. If you were disagreeing you’d actually express those veiws instead of some childish attempt at an attack.

Oh, and another thing. I also believe holding on to toxic emotions like anger (or hate if that’s the mask it’s wearing) is like drinking poison and hoping the person who did you wrong is harmed. Just a thought...

5. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't being antagonistic, I don't attack people on these forums. I apologise if it came across that way. We are just having a casual chat about a "what if?" scenario.

6. smurf

This thread is bringing fairly strong emotions which is super interesting to me. It scares me a bit how vital hatred can seem for some people. Not sure if that is the right characterization, but a lot of you guys are linking hate to some wonderful things which is...weird to me.

Hate is not a flaw or negative trait though. Hate comes from loving something and protecting it. Emotions don't have morals to them. Its the way that we process them and act on them that can be good or bad.

This is where I struggle to connect hate to everything you say above.

What does hate have to do with heartbreak? What does hate have to do with fear it self? What does hate have to do with humor?

You don't need hate in order to have conflict or any of the emotions you are speaking of. Yes, hate and anger can fuel people to accomplish their goals to spite someone or prove someone wrong, but man those are short-burst of energy. Unless you can keep replicating that anger and hate then you run out of fuel. Its super toxic for the spirit.

See for me (and without knowing the story) you mom probably left her ex because she loved herself and decided she deserved more for her life. She hated her ex only because she loved herself. This is why a lot of people in abusive relationships can't leave. They still dislike their abuser or the situation, but they don't love or respect themselves enough to be able to leave.

7. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That will be beautiful,no more homophobia,racism and sexism.The world will be a beautiful place.Everyone can be equal.

8. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hate is hate. If you hate how someone makes you feel, you're experiencing hate, whatever that hatred is caused by or aimed at.

What does hate have to do with heartbreak? Well, people hate having their heart broken and being taken advantage of.

What does hate have to do with fear? If you're arachnophic then you really fucking hate spiders because the shape of their body and legs and the way they move freaks you out. Some people live in fear of being attacked because of their sexuality or ethnicity, and becoming victims of hate crime.

What does hate have to do with humor? Comedians literally make a living by ranting about things they hate and taking the piss out of them.
    Watch a comedy movie where two characters who hate each other start bickering and lots of ridiculous cussing and fighting ensues.

9. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’d missed your comment earlier. Been preoccupied with my stuff and stepped away from this thread for a cool down. This is so well put. I could not come up with anything but a transport emotion lol getting you where you want/need to be. I don’t think that made near as much sense as this lol so definitely appreciate the wording.

10. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think it would be better if judgement didn't exist. Or at least bigotry. That way everyone is equal and nobody thinks twice when 2 guys kiss each other in public.