1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to trim pubic hair?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kevin k, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I like to keep relatively bare down there (or try to anyway) , and I tried to trim it with trimming scissors once, and it left it rrally prickly and painful for days. Big mistake. About 6 months after that I tried waxing. HUGE mistake. It did nothing but sting horibbly and cause skin irritation. How do I get my hair down there gone? I don't have hair anywhere else on my body and it can be uncomfortable for me when topping my bf. It's really annoying and I've tried everything on forums I've read. So what the heck?

2. Angelica g

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ive found that if I trim with scissors before shaving it works out pretty well. But I have very soft pubic hair as well. So when it grows back it's not really spikey, it's more " fluffy" lol idk. I've also heard that Nair works well. I've never tried, I'm too scared to put that stuff in such delicate places

3. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shave once a week. For me and my sedative skin I find it’s my best compromise to avoid shaving bumps and not getting too spikey. I also rub lotion on the shaved area every day for 3 days after. I find it helps reduce the irritation.

The mistake I read somewhere is us being dudes are a lot more ruff with our skin than women usually are, so lotion and powder generally help to really reduce irritation.

4. Waffless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. smurf

I personally use a beard trimmer for it. They are fairly popular at regular stores like Target and the like. They will have an electric shaver and then guards for different lengths.

I would start tall and then go shorter until you find the length that works for you.

If you can afford it, try paying someone to wax it for you. If you go to a good place, they are professionals and know how to make sure little irritation long term happens. Do it once, learn how they do it and ask for advice on how to take care of it afterwards in order to avoid irritations and the like.

A friend gets his body waxed a lot and he says its the only way that his skin doesn't go nuts.

Do not use Nair on your pubic area. The cream is meant of skin that is tougher than pubic area and for some people it can really fuck you up. If you want to try it, start with a very small area first to see how your skin reacts.

Angelica g and Waffless like this.
  6. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They do make a hair removal cream for sensitive areas. Also one I have seen called Nads. Seriously I don’t make this up. I personally don’t recommend hair removal cream for anyone with sensitive skin.

7. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use scissors to carefully trim the hair down to a decent size. About an inch or so. I don't like overly long pubic hair, but don't mind smaller sized hairs there. :slight_smile:

8. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just use a beard trimmer. It doesn't shave things entirely off but takes things down to a much more manageable length, especially if you use short guards. I used to use shaving cream and a razor to shave things off but as others have said, things get way too prickly and irritated.

9. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I trim with hair clippers and the shortest guard I have for it.

10. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don’t use any hair removal cream even if you’ve got skin of steel. My skin isn’t sensitive whatsoever, but I used Nair ONCE (the sensitive skin one no less) and was left with the most painful chemical burns of my life. Even if it says safe for use in the downstairs I’d seriously advise against it.