1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Irony

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by InStandbi, Oct 18, 2018.

1. InStandbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  2. Seven Hil

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    kanye for slavery tho

3. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    honestly, aside from his LGBT views, Trump has been a good president, the dow is way up, he was very diplomatic in his dealings with North Korea, Saudi Arabia, and now China. from an economic standpoint, the way he tarriffed china, thus pressuring them into an agreement st g20 or risk an economic breakdown

4. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Turkeys voting for Christmas.

5. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any group that isn’t rich, white, heteronormative, Christian, male that supports him makes me wonder, why would you support him?. The tax cut hasn’t raised income for the workers, but has increased profits for the owners. The China standstill is having horrible affects on the economy (farmers, auto makers, etc). We have severed relations with our allies, and aligned ourselves with dictators and war lords. Hate crimes are on a rise, the Constitution has never been more publicly threatened by a leader (at least in my lifetime), corruption is rampant. These are without even looking specifically at all the concerns facing the LGBTQ+ community.

The only conclusions I can draw are: there have been artificial surges in the economy (tariffs and trade wars are going to cause much more damage than many realize) - so money is valued more than the lives of minorities and immigrants, freedoms, democracy, and an honest government; he has aligned himself with the new “Christian” faith (that is in quotations because the new church really doesn’t follow the teachings of Christ rather uses scripture to maintain power and authority making it more of a church of nationalism); and his hate filled rhetoric has embolden and encourage many people who are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc. to unite, come together, and feel like they have a place in our society.

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You've analyzed the data quite well.
    My best assumption is likely cognitive dissonance, "party loyalty", denial, or a simple lack of thought on the matter. (ignoring politics, family supports said person, therefore you do too or you're an outcast)

The same way many women support parties, religions, or groups who would deny their rights. Logically, emotionally, it does not make sense. It's being raised in an environment where you are not allowed to question what you've been told is "right" your whole life.

It's a cult-like mindset. Take it from me, I was raised to think that way.

7. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Growing up in the Bible Belt I get this completely! My mom raised us to challenge any teachings that didn’t seem right to us. I remember this one time, we went on a church trip, I was really young like 5 or 6. It was snowing and we were all about to head to grab some food. The pastor’s wife came out in kulox. My mom was like, um where you going it’s freezing you better put on pants. The wife said that women are not suppose to wear pants. Mom was like what? She grabbed her bible and said show me the scripture. Of course she couldn’t. She told the wife you ain’t going with us looking like that, you look like an idiot in shorts with it snowing and handed her a pair of her jeans (she didn’t own a pair). She put them on and the controversies that was my mom started. Bless her heart, I think she regrets raising us to be so rebellious and speak our minds. I mean she ended up with three liberals and a gay son who is more spiritual than religious lol...

8. smurf

Hahah yes! Ah, laughed so hard. My poor conservative mother never knew what she was creating lol

9. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahahahaha

Mom: I didn’t raise you to behave like this...

Me: *gasp and clutch my imaginary pearls* well good lord who the hell raised me?

#9 I'mStillStanding, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018