1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News George H.W. Bush dead at 94

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BothWaysSecret, Dec 3, 2018.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    #1 BothWaysSecret, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He was probably one of the best leaders in the history of the country. His entire life starting from age 18 was dedicated to public service, had so many completely different high powered jobs, and had a very classy demeanor while he did it even to his enemies.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right. This isn't even about what political party a leader belonged to. It's about a remarkable person's steadfast dedication to being a leader, a patriot, and a public servant. R.I.P., Mr. Bush.

4. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. I've read that he even started a charity/fund with President Clinton during the 2010 Haiti earthquake. It's great to see two prominent leaders come together (regardless of political party) to help out in crisis.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    R.I.P.

#5 Andrew99, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From the article, 'Kinder Gentler Indifference': Activists Challenge George H.W. Bush's Record On AIDS
    The Advocate wrote. "The Media Is Erasing George H.W. Bush's Catastrophic Harm To LGBTQ People," Michelangelo Signorile wrote in HuffPost.

and...

The Washington Blade, an LGBTQ newspaper in Washington, D.C., asked activist Larry Kramer for a comment on Bush. Kramer told The Blade, "He hated us."

Link: https://www.npr.org/2018/12/04/6732...ts-challenge-george-h-w-bush-s-record-on-aids

But wait there is more.
    https://www.npr.org/2018/12/04/6733...sh-reflect-on-his-handling-of-the-aids-crisis

And more
    https://www.washingtonblade.com/201...es-unfavorably-legacy-on-gay-rights-hiv-aids/

And more
    And then we have H W Bush's record on the environment. He pushed for oil drilling in Alaska big time. Did he promote conservation and a strategy to take America off foreign oil? NO. And so our little earth is warming up folks and good old H W Bush is partially responsible for climate change tragedy.

7. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I invite you to read my post on H W Bush.

8. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I won't state my personal opinions/impressions on this because i'm not from the US, and I think other people here in the forum can write better than I about this.

I think this can be an opportunity to reflect and think. I'm seeing many people (not limited to the forum) saying great things about him because he was an important and famous person. However, just because someone was famous doesn't mean that person was a good person.

I'm not saying he wasn't/was - again, I won't opinate on this particular case. I'm just saying that, when a leader dies, people tend to become sad and say beautiful things in memory of that person, while the media conveniently "forget" that not everything was roses and cotton candy clouds.

9. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was not aware of his stances on these topics.

10. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree, he maybe wasn't as great as everyone says, but he was a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just don’t believe in being disrespectful to the dead. That’s all. R.I.P. Bush!

12. Amanda F

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    George H. W. Bush had a very dark side. Think the killing of John F. Kennedy, and 9-11. Yup, he had his fingers in both those pies. You'll never learn the truth from the media. You do have to be careful of conspiracy theories, but documentaries based on scientific and verifiable facts will get you there. If you want to know the truth, you have to do quite a lot of work, but the truth is out there, and the truth does not paint a pretty picture of George H.W., or his toady Dick Cheney. Not going to get into this, and don't want to start a flame war -- do your own homework, just remember, you have to get several pages deep in a google search in order to find anything other than the official pap.

13. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is blatant conspiracy theory nonsense. If any of that JFK and 9/11 stuff was true you wouldn't know about it. You really think people who murdered the most powerful man on earth at the time and orchestrated the most significant terrorist attack in history would not know how to prevent proof from popping up on google? For one thing google only shows you what google as a company allows you to see, there are millions of uncatalogued dark net websites not on google, and proof of things like that would certainly be removed or at least relegated to the dark net and not be made searchable.

I'm a scientist. I can make you as many verifiable studies as you want proving nonsense in various ways. It's really, really, easy to trick people into thinking something is legitimate when they aren't experts at what they're reading about and the person writing it is.

#13 Destin, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  14. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haters always gonna hate. And conspiracy theories abound for just about everything. I'm wondering why you didn't mention his conspiracy with aliens to destroy this planet's environment and also to cause global conflict which makes this world ripe for alien invasion....

#14 Quantumreality, Dec 6, 2018
  15. smurf

You don't need to make up conspiracy theories to trash this guy. Don't waste your time.

The guy was evil. Like many others, I will not mourn the death of this man for many, many reasons. None of them conspiracy theories, though wtf.

"Of course, none of these instances of cruel and detestable behavior contradict the claims made in political obituaries about George H.W. Bush’s civil treatment of those whom he deemed worthy of civility. His treatment of Presidents Clinton and Obama, for example, are hallmarks of political civility. Amid the praise of that civility, however, we must not forget that he was also a despicable person whose presidency set us on a course to endless war, led to hundreds of thousands of deaths, established a model for racist dog-whistle politics, undermined the humanity of AIDS sufferers, covered up criminal activity at the highest levels of government and worked to undermine not just government accountability, but also the rule of law."

https://truthout.org/articles/i-will-not-speak-kindly-of-the-dead-bush-was-detestable/

#15 smurf, Dec 6, 2018
  16. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats noble @Andrew99 thank you.

17. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah...I just...no. Literally Smurf's first line is my response. I have no desire to say anything in particular about Bush because I'm not well-versed in him, but your post? No.

Literally what Destin said: Your beliefs in conspiracy theories will not be validated with a Google search; if the government wants something hidden, it's not just going to happen to be somewhere on Google.

18. Amanda F

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My information did not come from a Google search. I worked as a special agent for the US and many other free world governments. What I did was highly classified, and I had very high security clearance in 13 countries. What I know came from documents and sources that most people will never see. The governments that you see, and the news that you read and hear, are nothing more than a thin skin that camouflages everything beneath it. There's a lot more apple than there is apple peel, and a good part of this apple is rotten. You are believing exactly what the government wants you to believe, and they love you for it.

Mandy

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree, especially in the present.

Later on, people can weigh in on the positives and negatives. This will be inevitable with any world leader or influential person.

I think there's way too much conspiracy theory going on out there about most major politicians. And way too much Fox News. It can get really tiring.

20. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, because it’s very believable that a 29 year old special agent of the USA (and 13 other countries) has highly classified information and is making it clear that they know shit on a public forum...? Makes a lot of sense and doesn’t sound crazy whatsoever. Also, you previously noted documentaries and google searches (without giving specifics) and now you’re making this wild leap.

You kind of just seem paranoid and a conspiracist based on other posts as well.