1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused. Am I starting to be gay?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by alfred1110, Sep 14, 2018.

1. alfred1110

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been single for almost four years now. I did not want to get myself into a commitment or any kind of relationship with any woman since my last breakup; however, my friends have been pushing me even if I keep on refusing. One time, they pushed me to hook up with one of the Colombian women who were at the same bar that we were but I refused. Now, they all think I’m gay. Honestly, I’m confused with myself since I have been less attracted to girls these years as well. I do not know if I get attracted to boys but I feel like I could watch a man doing nothing all day than a girl running around in her two-piece swimsuit. I’m honestly confused.

2. Guest10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey alfred,

No one "starts" to be gay. It''s how they are born -- either you are or you aren't. What DOES happen though is that people sometimes discover that they are gay, late in life. It sounds to me like you are discovering some things about yourself. Just accept that and follow where it leads. If you eventually discover that you're gay, then you're gay. If you discover that you're straight, then you're straight. If you discover that you're bi, then you're bi. You are [already] who you are, you only need to find out who that is. It took me 60 years, BTW, so it's never too late.

Hugs,

DreamerAsh likes this.
  3. MrLesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You may be just badly hurt from your last relationship. Take your time to heal and think about what hurts from the last relationship.
    Also think about which gender are you sexually attracted to.