1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Research opportunity for people who are trans and nonbinary

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kmmillar, Sep 13, 2018.

1. kmmillar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone! My name is Krystina Millar and I am a sociology student at Coastal Carolina University. If you are transgender or gender non-conforming, please consider participating in this study aiming to better understand transgender identity development in relation to ethnic identity and minority stress/resilience.

To Participate: Participation in this research includes taking an online survey about your gender identity development, ethnic identity, and experiences with minority stress and resilience. Participation is entirely voluntary, and your answers will be anonymous. You must be 18 years or older. The survey will take approximately 30 minutes. También en español.

While neither myself nor my faculty advisor identifies as trans or nonbinary, I consulted with several trans and nonbinary people with the campus PRIDE organization when constructing the survey. As a queer-identified woman, I am especially sensitive to conducting research with the needs of the LGBTQ community in mind. I aim to prioritize participants in my research and ensure all of my research efforts are respectful, inclusive, and sensitive to the needs of those affected.

If you have any questions, please contact Krystina Millar or Dr. Jason Eastman. This research is an IRB-approved study out of the Sociology Department of Coastal Carolina University.

https://coastal.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bdYHoaFQ5mW7K8B

This post has been approved by the EC Admin Team.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The above study has been approved by the admin team.

3. Kateisnew

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people