1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oral Sex and HIV

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dave3030, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Dave3030

I recently hooked up with someone and performed oral sex (unprotected) on them for probably just under a minute. I realised I just wasn’t enjoying it.

They didn’t cum, I doubt there was any pre cum either.

How likely is it I could catch HIV?

I’d never hooked up with anyone before, and don’t plan to ever do so again.

2. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m no expert but I’m sure you are fine. I believe it is difficult to contract hiv this way. I believe it has to enter your bloodstream. If I’m wrong about this, someone please correct me.

smurf likes this.
  3. smurf

Yep, like said above, its virtually impossible to contract HIV via oral sex. Oral sex is one of the safer acts that you can do when it comes to worrying about HIV. Even if they were to cum inside your mouth, chances are still incredibly impossible for HIV.

Your main worry with oral sex will be gonorrhea and syphilis, but both of those are very easy to treat and don't carry any significant side effects. Its also very unlikely that you got anything from such a short session and no cum.

Really sorry that you had a bad first time. Just know that its okay if you never do it again and its also okay if you change your mind later on.

Do you want to talk about why you disliked it? Maybe some of us can give you what works for us in those situations if you so like.

#3 smurf, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. Dave3030

Thanks for your quick responses.

I think the reasons I didn’t enjoy it were mostly anxiety, but also because of the lack of emotional connection.

It was only when I got home I started to panic about HIV and what not. I’ve been a nervous wreck since!

5. smurf

Totally makes sense. For me, going out to eat after sex helps this a lot. It makes it nicer, it will weed out some toxic people that want a cum and go scenario, and it will allow you to feel less icky about the whole thing.

Its also perfectly okay to simply not be into the cum and go type of hook up. Just have to figure out what you like and not like so don't beat yourself up for trying it. I think its great that you got yourself out there!

Time to start getting tested! Have you gotten tested before? Do you know where to go to get a free test?

Its easier to start getting in the habit of getting a test at least once a year. That way when you have a "scare" you already know how it works and its less anxiety inducing to go through it all.

But getting tested is part of practicing safer sex, so if you haven't yet start :slight_smile:

6. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am sort of curious Was it the act itself or was it just the circumstances?

7. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah get yourself tested at the clinic if you want to really put your mind at ease. You won't get "told off" by the nurses for getting tested after only having low risk sexual activity, and they can help reassure you and explain a lot of things you might not be aware of or need reminding of.

8. Dave3030

Circumstances I guess.

9. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Chances of HIV transmission by Oral sex is really low, almost zero.
    But it is better to get tested so your mind can be relieved!
    The riskiest sexual acts as for HIV is Anal sex. So it is better to se condoms always.