1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC TV shows

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Devil Dave, Jul 12, 2018.

1. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Arrow drug on all season long. The whole Team Arrow (Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle) versus B-Squad (Curtis, Wild Dog, and Dinah) thing was really agitating as both sides were guilty of immoral acts against each other. The B-Squad wanted to cry about how Oliver didn't trust them by keeping tabs on them without them knowing, when Curtis did the same thing by planting a bug on Felicity. They were a bunch of hypocrites that blamed Oliver for all of their short-comings and I'm still hoping they decide to disband them. The show itself has fallen ever since they decided against making Sara the permanent Black Canary, killing off Laurel, losing Roy, losing Thea, (more recently) killing Detective Lance, and the crossovers...my God, the crossovers...cut it out! The Flashpoint thing ruined a lot of the shows. But, with the set up they have for next season, my interest in the show remains strong enough for me to give it a chance.

The Legends of Tomorrow, can't really explain it, but I like the show. It has it's own uniqueness about it. This season wasn't my favorite with the disbandment of one of my favorite duos: Firestorm, but it managed to hold my attention.

Supergirl has gone dark since moving to the CW, wish they would've kept it where it was originally. Supergirl/Kara is too caught up in romances, and I feel has yet to reach her true potential as a hero b/c she has yet to encounter a true villain that can match her. Rain matched her physically, but she was really no different from Mon-El's mom or Kara's aunt who aimed to destroy earth and rebuild it in their own images. I wasn't feeling it. She needs a Lex Luthor type, someone who can trigger her emotionally, get inside her head, actually make her strategize her moves rather than storming in and leading with her fists; which doesn't resolve every conflict in real life. Jimmy Olson becoming Guardian was so stupid, we don't need a Batman wannabe, I preferred him being the Director of Cat Co. or the Photographer Journalist. Unlike most I'm okay that they went another route with him, stepping away from the slightly nerdy virgin teenager, but they should have developed him another way. I love the Martian Manhunter and Alex though, they have pretty good representations on the show. In the next season I'm really hoping for a better villain and storyline.

I absolutely adore Gotham and Black Lightning, have yet to run into anything from the latest seasons that I didn't like. They kept my interest and I can't wait for the next airing.

2. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The rift between the two Arrow teams seemed pointless because they all ended up banning together any way when Oliver went on trial, so all of that scheming to break them apart turned out to be a waste of time. I've seen Rift stories handled better in other shows.

I assume that with Supergirl they are planning to make Lena Luthor into Kara's own Lex Luthor, as they had a lot of disagreements this season. Maybe Lex himself will put in an appearance to help his little sister. I would also like to see more of Lillian, I actually find the actress who plays her quite terrifying.

And I agree about Guardian - total waste of space on Supergirl. Supergirl doesn't need vigilantes. If we want vigilantes we'll watch Arrow - an entire cast of guys and girls in masks beating up bank robber and drug dealers. Flash doesn't bring in vigilantes it sticks to being about Meta humans fighting each other so let Supergirl stick to aliens and the humans trying to dis-empower/destroy them.
    Besides that, why does Jimmy Olsen need to be an action hero? Why can he not just stick to being a photographer and head of Kat-co? Kat Grant was a great character without dressing up in armour and beating the crap out of people, she was just a successful business woman, so why can't Jimmy just stick to being a successful business man?

3. Loves books

I really hope they don't make Lena the bad guy I'm too used to her being a sort of good guy. The last thing Supergirl needs is a major betrayal. I think the show would have been better without James Olsen, he's not really needed. I miss Kat Grant I loved her. The most recent season of the Flash kind of bored me. I'd record the show and watch a couple of episodes every couple of weeks. I'm not entirely sure who the villians was. I don't watch Arrow it started before the other three shows so I didn't even know it was connected until a crossover episode. I wonder if there will ever be a crossover episode of all the shows without some major evil. Like Barry's wedding minus the bad guys.

4. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The next crossover event will introduce Batwoman, before she starts her own TV show. I don't think it will include the Legends, which is just as well really, because if the shows are introducing a new major hero, then bringing time travelers and space ships into it will just make it messy and overcrowded, so I'm guessing it will focus on the other three main heroes reacting to Batwoman.

To be honest, I think all the shows are a bit overcrowded, and could benefit from downsizing their cast of characters. I mean they keep on creating new shows any way, they might as well let each individual show focus on the main hero and his/her closest friends and villains. Supergirl didn't need Guardian. Flash didn't need Elongated Man and nine thousand versions of Wells. Arrow could use less Laurel 2. Legends of Tomorrow, on the other hand, can stick to having tons of characters, because that show is intentionally silly and over the top, so it works for the story to be messy and all over the place.

5. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just finished watching season 4 of Gotham, and I must admit, the finale was pretty good. Shame the show has been cancelled.

I don't know if I can be bothered to watch Krypton. Anyone wants to let me know if its worth checking out...

6. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, has anybody watched the latest crossover, Elseworlds?

I'm feeling mostly disappointed with it. I think they brought in too many new things at once (as they tend to do with these crossovers) and didn't give viewers enough time to process what the hell was going on. To me, it feels like they brought in a lot of references that fans of the DC comics will understand, but fans of the TV shows who don't read comics will be left confused.

If you watch the first season of each show, the heroes have time to develop relationships with their supporting cast over many episodes. Here, we had Barry and Oliver meeting Superman for the first time, and they're just running around like crazy trying to stop the bad guys and not being given a chance to get to know each other.

I didn't see the point in switching Oliver and Barry's bodies. That felt like a story line should that have been saved for another one off spinoff (like the musical crossover that happened with Flash and Supergirl)

Kara visiting Clark in Smallville for advice after refusing to reveal her identity to the whole world was a good idea, and it was also nice to meet Lois Lane (I actually like this version of Lois) but Clark and Lois didn't get a lot of screen time. We could have done with some parallels being drawn between Lois, Felicity and Iris as the loves of these super heroes' lives.

I really enjoyed Ruby Rose as Batwoman, but I'm disappointed that Batman does actually exist on Earth 1. I always felt like Batman should have existed on Earth 38, just like Superman, and that the Earth 1 version of Bruce Wayne should be literally just a playboy billionaire living off his inheritance.

We still don't know how Oliver got that Kryptonite arrow that he used to shoot Overgirl in last year's crossover.

What the hell was that magical hammer that Lois used at the end?

7. Loves books

I saw it and it wasnt as good as previous crossover episodes. It was less of a body swap and more of a life swap. It half turned in to a therapy session for the green arrow. He was literally walking a mile in someone else’s shoes. They also need to stop having possible deaths for the main characters, it’s halfway through the season you’re not going to kill them off now. I’m also getting tired of these huge big bads having to be there every time, can’t all the superheroes just throw a party and have a good time? Elseworlds also sucked because it didn’t have the legends in it. I was never in to Superman and I don’t watch Arrow either but I got kind of lost with all the Superman stuff. It could have been better and was a huge waste of a supergirl episode. I did like the interaction between Kara and Batwoman. Despite the fact that every conversation Kara has with a woman sounds like it came out of a lesbian romance book Alex is the lesbian and needs a new girlfriend. I also spent half the elsewords episodes not sure what earth they were on and I didn’t recognize the bad guys. The last two seasons of The Flash weren’t great and I’m sure about this one either.

8. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly enough, I thought Iris was one of the more interesting parts of this crossover. I am one of the people who finds Iris irritating most of the time, but here, we got to see how she reacted to the idea of being in a romance with Oliver Queen.

When Iris first met Oliver Queen in person, she admitted to him being one of her top ten celebrity crushes, which I found quite amusing, because it became an ongoing gag whenever Arrow and Flash had a crossover. And when Oliver was living Barry's life, Iris was like "Babe, he's not my type!"

Then once Iris saw how Barry was becoming like Oliver Queen, it started to scare her because he was taking on this dark personality where he's ready to stick an arrow in someone to bring justice. So it showed that even though Iris found original Oliver Queen very hot, she wouldn't have been compatible with him, because she wouldn't have handled his violent and aggressive side well.

9. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just watched Titans on Netflix, and it's pretty good. The first bunch of episodes weren't very impressive, I didn't like that weird family of assassins, but the last few episodes were great.

Some highlights for me were Hawk and Dove, they had a very nice flashback episode explaining their back story, Beastboy was cool, Wondergirl's scenes were brief but badass, and the finale where Dick Grayson lives out a scenario where he returns to Gotham to fight Batman was awesome. The teaser at the end got me very excited, so I hope it won't be too long til we get season 2!

10. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been catching up on season 2 of Black Lightning. It's getting very very good. I was gonna give up on it because the first episode wasn't very promising, but the characters, especially the daughters, have been developing nicely.

11. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For fans who haven't heard, I have a triple shot of bad news...Arrow is ending after next season, the season will only be 10 episodes long, and Felicity will not be there.

12. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm ok with Arrow ending. I will miss Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen and David Ramsey as Diggle, but no TV show needs to drag on forever. And we've still got plenty of shows that have spawned from the Arrowverse, I'm sure a lot of the cast will continue playing their roles in Flash, Legends, Supergirl and the upcoming Batwoman series. We haven't exactly got anything to be sad about.

13. Loves books

I never watched Arrow anyway so I don’t care if it ends. I only started watching the Flash because there was nothing to watch except a rerun of the second episode. I liked it so I used catch up to see the first and started watching then. I watched Supergirl because it’s a female superhero and I started watching Legends because I knew some of the characters. Arrow was around way before the others and never caught my interest. I’m looking forward to Batwoman. We need more female superheroes. Though it would be nice if they had original names and not just be the girl versions of male superheroes. I don’t know if killer frost counts as a hero but she’s my favorite character in the Flash because she’s not 100% good and she doesn’t seem to care, and the plus side her name is her own and a rip-off from a male version.

#33 Loves books, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  14. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am excited to see what the Arrow cast will do next, they can't keep playing the same character forever. Let's see them doing different things.

Another thing I think these shows should stop doing is using the same villain all season. Have a different villain each week and the odd two or three parter, like Batman the Animated series did. The best episode of Flash this season has been the King Shark vs Gorilla Grodd episode, and it had nothing to do with fighting Sicada.

Also, all of the main vilains have been male. Supergirl has had Reah and Reign, but I think thats about it. Hopefully Batwoman will give us a female powerful lead villain such as Poison Ivy or something.

15. Loves books

Killer Frost used to be a villain. Before her and Caitlin started to co operate sharing the same body. I am tired of season long villains. Can’t the good guys win and bring in a new bad guy. The Flash is getting repetitive, same villain, some new tech, good guys win and the next week it all happens again. Add that to the grown up kid from the future who was at her parents wedding and the knowledge that something could make Barry disappear it’s getting annoying. We all know they will change the future. Let’s hop it’s this season and not the last one. I don’t know if we can have a female villain. Some people may have a problem with a man beating up a woman,evil or not. But Supergirl can beat up a woman. I started getting frustrated with that show after they wiped Alex’s memory. A new love interest for Alex would be nice.

16. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are plenty of ways they can get around the "beating up women" thing. Flash does fight female superpowered metahumans quite regularly, they just don't really got to be big episodes when it happens.

There could also be a female criminal mastermind type character, maybe like a female version of Caden James in Arrow who wasn't a fighter at all, he just kind of orchestrated things. I liked him as a villain, but then he got bumped off so we could be bored to death by Diaz. Arrow also had plenty of opportunities with China White, Cupid, Huntress and even Oliver's mother, but they all ended up being lesser villains or on-off baddies.

Then in Legends we get an occasional female baddie, but the big bad guy of the season tends to be some sort of evil presence with a male voice.

Of course, if they did give up on the whole season long villain story and keep it to seperate villains each week, then that would make all of these lesser bad guys stand out a lot more. When you watch Batman the Animated series, each villain stood out in his or her own episode because there wasn't some bigger story going on in the background, it was Batman saving the city from this bad guy, instead of Batman fighting this bad guy while spending the next 20 episodes investigating some other bad guy.

17. Loves books

Legends doesn’t really have the same problem as The Flash. They have a different bad guy every time. They may have the same enemy for a whole season but they fight different people every episode. The most recent ones were pretty good. Which means something monumentally bad is going to happen, but as long as Sara and Ava stay together I’ll keep watching.

18. Manish1234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes!! Sara is my favourite character

19. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nora has really been dragging down this season of Flash. She's so repetitive. At least when I'm watching the future scenes in Arrow, I don't know what's gonna happen next. It will be interesting if we see an event in the future where Nora meets up with the Team Arrow kids.

20. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When will we have a Superman series? With Tyler Hoechlin playing Superman? That guy is awesome and I liked his interaction with Kara.