1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anime

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jakebusman, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any any anime fans ?

2. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. CuriousLad

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me but I only watch the uncommon 13 episode ones. Made an exception for Naruto

4. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like anime

5. Jushin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love anime :grin:! Recently I have been more into the most popular ones (Boruto, Attack on Titan). But I watched many other that are more unpopular, like Shiki, Another, Clannad, Bakemonogatari, Mirai Nikki, Little Busters, etc

6. CuriousLad

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I loved Shiki! I know it's not that popular but there was something about it that had me obsessed with it. Also it took me a few episodes to realise that it's based on Salem's Lot by Stephen King
    The entire monogatari series is pretty surreal but in a good way, I guess.
    I think everyone pretty much knows Mirai Nikki but it was amazing too especially because it actually had the non-stereotypical gay character towards the end.
    I think I've really got a thing for underrated anime and manga like Shin Sekai Yori, for example. You know like the ones where protagonists don't yell out attacks before actually attacking. So in a nutshell, I'm allergic to Shounen.

Okay now I know no one cares so I need to stop turning this into some otaku discussion forum

7. Jushin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You have good taste there mate hehe x). I didn't know that by the way (the Stephen King thing). But the human morals presented here is really interesting (things that we think are right or wrong, if actions taken are human or not).
    Yeah... it is one of the reasons i'm very fond of this one. Sometimes it can be confusing... but the characterizations that defines the "anormalities" that appears in the characters are pretty interesting, because of being related with their psychological state. :slight_smile:
    Yes. I agree with that. He never considered himself gay, but he had this love for Yuki either way xD.
    I never heard of that one. But I will check it out one day. I'll add to the watch list :slight_smile:.

I don't see any problem talking about animes in this thread. xD

8. Justinian20

I do love animes but I'm not into the ultra popular ones like Naruto, One Piece and those, I do like some popular ones like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and I like animes which subvert certain genre tropes or do something interesting with the genre tropes. I'm also a fan a lesser known anime movie which is the Highlander: Search for Vengeance. It is probably for me the best Highlander film ever even when compared to the original.

I am very much into Yaoi anime cause to me it's like watching a gay fantasy play out, I like Ouran High School Host Club mainly because the dad character is treated with so much respect, I also like Sailor Moon especially for the ending, and yes the second last episode actually made me cry because as more Sailor Scouts join the team, the episodes actually feel a lot better since it's not just the monster of the week trope which I do tend to dislike because it gets slow with the monster of the week. I love Free: Eternal Summer just because of the OVA episode on the DVD, I love those cute episodes.

9. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here! I like anime, but so far I only watched few of them. Attack on Titan is my favorite.

10. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anime's a fairly recent thing in the household. It came by way of my younger brother developing binge-watching habits and spreading them to me during a get-together of his friends that happened to be in the room we share. This was how Kill La Kill, Death Parade, and Psycho-Pass came to my attention.

Now me and my brother have developed VERY different tastes on anime. For instance, I--being a lover of modernist and post-modernist (aka slightly pretentious) literature--enjoyed every nook and cranny of Neon Genesis Evangelion (okay, besides the original ending). My brother DESPISES it enough to say this about the Rebuild films: "Oh, a re-imagined better take on Evangelion? It already exists. It's called Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's probably better because Hadeki Anno sucks at writing characters." Ditto for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, which he says is "Too stupid even by anime standards." Given that he claims Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill are his two favorite animes, I think my brother's definitely a hypocrite in that regard given that those two shows have their 'stupid' moments (even though they're awesome). I almost don't want to find out what his reaction to Madoka Magica's going to be like.

11. Loves books

The only anime I can get is on Netflix and the selection in Ireland isn't great. There are more live action Asian TV shows than anime on it. Pokemon was always my favorite ever since I was little. I still like it. Vampire Knight was okay until the last couple of episodes where it got really weird. I watched some kids anime shows like Glitter force

12. SailorLes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been watching anime since I was 9 when I was introduced to Pokemon. My all time favorite is Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo, Dragon Ball Z and Naruto. I'm currently not watching Dragon Ball Super and I will admit I didn't finish Naruto because I lost interest; I also lost interest in Boruto but I may go back to both of them when I get the time. I'm looking forward to the two upcoming Sailor Moon Crystal movies. One Punch Man I also like. I was into Attack on Titan but....I lost interest come season 2. I was disappointed and I already know what's gonna go down anyway which I also dislike that my favorite character is going to die. Let's see....I really like shoujo-ai and yuri but lately the content has been very loli like such as very young, hardly developed girls, always lusting after one another. I wish they'd go back to the actual story and development of the genre. But hey-sex sells. I've also been searching for new 3d anime since I really like the style. I saw one anime mentioned on Reddit and 4Chan...I think it's an anime-not sure to be honest, some say maybe. Either way, it's called Warriors of Yokohama, a web series...I think it looks cool but it doesn't nearly have enough views...but I'm interested in finding more like it.

13. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fan??? More of an obsession! Been known to be called an anime junkie or fan girl. Either way, I am a fan of anime. I've compiled over a hundred titles that I've seen. Ranging from the obscure to the popular. As in Sailor Moon, Bleach, Naruto, etc.

To list a few of my favorites-
    Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Also known as Warrior's of the Wind in the 80's)

X/1999 (The series and the movie)

Tokyo Babylon (Somewhat of a prequel to X)

3x3 Eyes

Jin-Roh:The Wolf Brigade

Trinity Blood

Wolf's Rain

Escaflowne

Silent Mobius

Macross Plus

If I were to continue I would be here all day. Those are just a few and in no particular order. Then there's yaoi... Ai No Kusabi, Legend of the Blue Wolves, and Fuyu no Semi (Winter Cicada). Just a tiny obsession I swear, hehe. ~_^

14. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sailor Moon is one of my favorites: aside from the monster of the day (which can get boring), there is a lot going on. And as for the queer community, there are lots of gay characters and genderfluid characters in the last season.

15. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh hell yes :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Anybody watch Castlevania on Netflix? Or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

16. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm more of a casual fan, but I've enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lane, Paranoia Agent, FLCL, Evangelion, Infinite Ryvius, among a few others.

17. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a follow-up because I love anime, I've gotten hooked to Devilman Crybaby. I swear, that opening theme is such a bop that I want it played at my funeral.

18. sunsets67

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started watching anime when I was 7, when I first saw Sailor Moon and DragonballZ. After that I watched various series until college was done (Cowboy Bebop, Black Cat, and Kimi Ni Todoke are some of my favorites). Since then I don't watch it as much as I used to, but I still enjoy watching Sailor Moon. Especially the Japanese with English subtitles version, and then comparing to the U.S. English version, which is always fun given the audience was for younger kids.

19. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am probably one of the only people my age who doesn't like anime. I feel strange for not liking it but I just don't. I just am not into cartoons really of any kind with a few exceptions. I outgrew movies from a pretty young age with animation and I kinda never looked back. I am more interested in real people.

20. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not liking anime is not something to feel bad about. It's normal. Animation in general just isn't for everybody.