1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ready to come out... but too scared!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BisexualM, Aug 9, 2018.

1. BisexualM

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have only just joined Empty Closets because I need help!

I know I am bisexual, I have kind of dated a girl and have liked boys as well. I am out to my closest friends and my LGBT friends and I want to come out to everyone.

I want to tell my parents first though so they don’t feel left out. I have the perfect opertunity to tell my Mum this week as it is just us.

When I am alone I know what I am going to say and get so excited and ready to tell her, but whenever I am near her or have a good opertinity I can’t bring myself to say it and I don’t know why!

I am 100% certain that my Mum and Dad will be accepting and supportive but I don’t know why I can’t tell them!

Someone please encourage or inspire me, I know this doesn’t need to be rushed but I am so ready and really want to come out this week!!

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like you, I had it all rehearsed in my mind, but when it came to it I just said "I want you to know I am gay". The long speech that I'd prepared in my mind over weeks and months came to nothing because it was just too hard and daunting to sit there and build up to it like that. Getting straight to the point was the easiest way, for me.

If you are finding it difficult to say it in a face to face conversation and you want to say more than "I'm bisexual", have a think about writing it down. We have some sample letters on here if you need inspiration.

Of all the people we come out to, our parents are the hardest to tell and we may have lots of 'false starts'. If you have a false start, don't beat yourself up about it. It happens! Just regroup and try again.

3. BisexualM

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! Where can I find these sample letters? :slight_smile:

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: