1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC TV shows

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Devil Dave, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has anybody been watching Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl? If so, what did you think of the last seasons?

I've had mixed feelings about them this year.

*Spoilers to follow.*

Arrow started off really well, but then Diaz turned out to be a shite villain, and he didn't even get killed at the end, so we'll have to put up with more of him in the next season. Oliver has gone to prison, surrounded by all the bad guys he put away, so that should be interesting.

The Flash thankfully did not have an evil speedster this year. I don't think I could have handled another on of them. The villain's wife turned out to be more interesting than him. I really don't like the Elongated Man, he's like a young Jim Carrey tribute act. And I don't like how they keep trying to make Iris so important.

Legends of Tomorrow has embraced its own silliness and become more and more over the top, which is great. The giant Beebo was predictable, but Rory has had some of his greatest comedy moments this year, he's definitely been one of the strong points for the DC shows. I wisht hey would stop under-powering Ray Palmer, though. I don't think there was one episode where he didn't get knocked out - if there was, he was probably unconscious all the way through it.

Supergirl became so dreary. The first half of the season was so morbid, I found myself watching Arrow - normally the darkest of the DC shows - to cheer myself up after watching Supergirl. Things did start to improve during the second half of the season, I like Brainy. I also like how they dealt with the dementia. But the finale was just a mess and I didn't feel anything for what the characters were going through. I did not like the actress playing Kara's mother.

One thing these shows need to stop doing is referencing Star Wars every two minutes. Stick to your own universe, guys.

2. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I watch them. After last season's ending it was Arrow I was looking forward to the most but I found it lacking. The conflict between Oliver and his team has been done before. Sadly I think this season it missed the mark.

Nice not to have a speedster again this season of Flash but found the pacing a but slow. Didn't mind elongated man after a while but the best story line was those concerning Killer Frost and I hope she comes back. Sadly though overall the season never got up to speed.

Legends was great. Sara is my favourite character. Love having Constantine in it and love he will be a regular next season. Like that it was light comedy with a few bits of seriousness through in but really need to give Damion Dark a rest now. Like this season but don't have a pun to finish this sentence.

Overall Supergirl was my favorite series this time. Loved the mid season cliff hanger.

3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was great to have Deathstroke around this season in Arrow, but I've heard he won't likely be back any more because of the DC movies bringing Deathstroke into their universe, and the movies and TV shows don't like to share which is why we lost awesome characters like Deadshot and Amanda Waller.

It was nice to have Roy Harper back for a bit as well. I'm hoping we get to see whatever quest he's gone on with Nyssa and Theia. It sounds a lot more interesting than what the rest of the crew got up to this season.

I was really excited by the Flash episode where they are trying to stop the bomb from exploding in Flash time. It just sucks that it ended up being Iris who somehow managed to save the day with one of her speeches or something, I can't remember how it ended, but they had Jessie Quick and Garrick there and they both took off without really doing anything.
    Oh, I thought the Bad Luck girl was very sweet as well. I enjoyed the episode where Barry got imprisoned with the metahumans he put in prison. It seems like Oliver is going to be in a similar situation himself.

I actually enjoyed Damien Dhark in Legends this season. The previous season with him paired up with Merlin was terrible, but I thought it was much more interesting seeing him paired up with his daughter. And I enjoyed the gag with the dating app where they keep saying "hey it is more intuitive to swipe up and down instead of left and right!" And I like that Wally has joined the team. It's nice to see him becoming his own man.

Supergirl needs to bring back Cat Grant. And get rid of Guardian.

4. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just realised I never really finished my post as I had to get back to work. Was talking about how Supergirl was my favourite this year, not surprising given the outfit I'm wearing. But yeah Alex is a great character and wish her and Maggie had stayed together as I thought the storyline was good. Was initially disappointed over Mon-El being back as I felt he brought the last season down but he was much better this time.

5. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like mon el and his little legion of superheroes. I also liked seeing him in a superhero suit finally (got sick of him wearing either normal clothes or the DEO jumpsuit in season 2)

One thing I didn't get was in the episode with Maggie's dad - he mentioned that "they're are building a wall" to keep the Mexicans out. I understand that these shows are openly anti-Trump and everything, but on Supergirl's Earth, the American president is an alien refugee whom Supergirl herself voted for, so why did they even bring that reference into it?

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I loved the first three seasons of Arrow. Season 4 was pretty good except for the relation-shit between Oliver and Felicity. Season 5 I did not particularly care for the new team. I just thought they were pointless, and I thought the fake Black Canary was ridiculous. Plus the Season 5 main villain, I can't even remember his name now, was pretty weak. I was starting to like the first main villain of Season 6 (also can't remember his name) until he got killed and replaced by Diaz. I also don't really care for fake Laurel, of course I never really liked real Laurel either, especially as the Black Canary (she had to be the only masked hero to put on more makeup when she went to fight). I really wish Roy and/or Thea would rejoin team Arrow. I hate that Thea is on the show less now. I always loved the Oliver/Thea relationship.

I've seen seasons 1-2 of Supergirl, and the later episodes of Season 3. I like Kara/Supergirl. She's better than the other female heroes of the DC shows. I also really enjoyed a lot of the female villains from Season 1 especially. And is it my imagination or does Melissa Benoist look thinner in Season 3 than past seasons. I liked her better the way she looked before. And did any one else pick up on the irony that for two seasons Supergirl aired opposite Gotham?

I just recently started watching both The Flash and Legends. I've made it through Seasons 1 and 2 of The Flash and now am taking a bit of a break from it to watch Season 1 of Legends. I've never really watched either show before other than the crossovers. For some reason, I remember watching Barry Allen's introduction on Arrow, not really liking him that much, but now watching the show, I like him and many of the other characters. I really liked the pilot episode of The Flash and the Flash vs Arrow episode.

7. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I can't remember the nerdy villain's name either, but he was a much better villain than Diaz. A grieving father who lost his son. I can understand that. But Diaz turning out to be an evil villain because he was bullied as a kid? What bollocks. Surely they could do much better than that.

8. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think his name was Kayden James

9. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did it the other way round. I started with the Flash and only went back to watch the first three seasons of Arrow after the crossovers. Hope you like Legends, Sara is my favourite female character out of the DC shows, the one I'd most like to be like. I think the show gets better overall after season one with one exception.

10. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah... not the scariest name, but certainly not the worst villain they've had on the show. And he was actually convinced to stop being a bad guy after seeing how it was all affecting William, so I could appreciate that.

Diaz had that really annoying voice...

11. Loves books

I never watched arrow, I think the ads for it didn't interst me then The Flash came out. I saw the second episode when it replayed later in the week it was out and I liked it way more than I thought I would so I used catch-up to to see the first episode then just kept watching. The evil speedsters piss me off I didnt like him fighting himself and I didn't think much of the last season. I also watched because I really liked Caitlin and Killer Frost too. I know there the same person but I like them both. I started watching Supergirl because she was a female superhero and I liked it. I was thrilled when Alex turned out to be a lesbian because it's always better when there's a lesbian in a show you already watch instead of watching a show because of a lesbian. I watched Legends of Tommorow because I recognised characters from The Flash and I loved the last season. I spent most of one episode almost crying, the one with young Ray. I loved the crossover episodes. I think the friendship between Barry and Kara is great, especially because it's completely platonic but strong and neither of them will get romantic feelings for one another because the're on two different shows so it would never work. I also saw the Sara/ Alex thing coming when they did the wedding episodes.I found Alex's reaction to finding out she slept with an assassin funny too. I bought season one of Arrow. I stopped watching by episode four I relate more to The Flash and Supergirl they are closer to my age and more gender diverse.

12. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know it’s not really one of the shows people are talking about, but I actually think the best one is Gotham It’s very dark and shows the development of Batman and his supporting characters

13. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watch Gotham out of morbid curiosity more than anything. The sets and scenery they use look great, and I like all the good guys, but the villains all suck (and the villains are supposed to be the most appealing thing about Batman) I can't stand Penguin and there is way too much focus on him.

The one thing I think it has better than the other DC shows is that Gotham doesn't use Star Wars references every two minutes. Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow seem to constantly want to refer to Star Wars and other sci-fi movies and it pisses me off. Wish they'd stick to their own fucking universes.

14. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Arrow - I loved up to season three. It wasn't the greatest show but I always enjoyed watching it. Season four was terrible. Season five started off as surprisingly good to me but it all went downhill. I made it through the finale and quit immediately. The thing I miss most about the series is Rag-man and he wasn't even there that long. From what little I've heard about the current season, I'm glad I stopped. I don't need to see Black Siren. Dinah is a perfectly fine Black Canary, even if I wish she had her own name. Honestly, I think it should have ended at season three. That finale felt like a series finale to me.

The Flash - I'm catching up on season four right now actually. It's my favorite of the CW-verse. I don't think the show is as great as it was in season one, but I still enjoy it. I love every version of Wells. I loved Eddie. I loved Julian. I loved Ronnie. I love Cisco and Caitlin.

Legends of Tomorrow - I'm still behind on season three, but I enjoy it. Sara was one of my favorites on Arrow and I'm excited to see her as White Canary and Captain of the Waverider. Her bisexuality often isn't treated the best (why couldn't she and Alex just be friends?????) but I'm excited to see what happens in the rest of this season. Jax, Martin, Nate, Ray, Leonard, Mick, they're all wonderful. I just wish they could get their own villain instead of having to fight villains who just won't die.

Supergirl - Season one was super good. Season two was less good but I still enjoyed it. Maggie and Alex were everything to me. If only we didn't have Mon-El on the same show. I quit after Flora left because I didn't have the heart to see them break up.

15. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They need to do a cross over between just Arrow and Supergirl. I want to see Oliver and Superman meeting each other, and we don't know how Oliver got the Kryptonite arrow that he used on Overgirl in last year's crossover (Kryptonians don't even exist on Earth 1, so how did he go about getting a Kryptonite arrow in case an evil Supergirl showed up?)

16. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Frankly,none of these are as good as Daredevil or Punisher on Netflix

17. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Daredevil, Punisher and Iron Fist. I got bored and switched off halfway through the first episode of Jessica Jones. Same with Luke Cage.

18. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    They are a little slow moving. You have to give it a few episodes

19. ScarletSky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Arrow: I'm really interested on seeing where they go with Oliver being in Prison next season. This season was okay, but I felt like they were focusing on the wrong things. There was too much petty conflict and not enough time spent developing relationships. I would have loved to see more between Oliver and his son. That was something I was really looking forward to, but it was never delivered.

Flash: Now I am so excited for next season. The ending kinda reminded me of this episode of Young Justice where a future flash grandson visits the past (major simplification). I just hope they handle it properly. Again... Relationships! I want to see how Barry and his daughter interact. How will it impact his relationship with Iris? Any awkwardly funny moments? I can't wait to find out

Super Girl: Mon-el why do you keep leaving? I really just wish Kara could be happy. Its hard to say if she'll have a new love interest next season, but I hope so. I also am not entirely sure about how I feel about the whole adoption storyline. Like I know that next season she'll probably adopt an older child, struggle connecting with them and, eventually, develop a good relationship where they have occasional appearances in future seasons. I'm just afraid it will be a repeat "Oliver and son" situation.
    ******(Also Kara's mom's actress played Lois Lane in Smallville. I'm not so sure about her acting but appreciated the cameo)******

Legends: I'm sad about the loss of series regulars, but I guess sometimes the time is right. Hopefully next season will be less magic based though

20. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like how people insist that Kara needs a boyfriend to be happy. She seemed quite happy during her single moments in season 1, and she's supposed to be this strong independent super heroine, so having her look miserable every time her romantic life fails doesn't exactly make her a good role model. For once I would like it if a show gave us a positive view of a protagonist being single. I mean heck, I've had my fill of failed romances in real life, the last thing I want to see in a TV show that I watch for escapism is someone constantly pining over an ex boyfriend.

I'm not exactly looking forward to Alex's adoption scenes. Maybe if she takes on an orphaned alien child, that will be interesting, because she has already had experience growing up with Kara and her alien powers, and hopefully they can bring a bit of humor into it, with some embarrassing alien mishaps. Let's not have another Ruby situation. Ruby was a cunt.